Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Laura S

Laura SOrange

Only lasted 2 years

I bought this microwave a bit over 2 years ago and paid more for it thinking it would be of good quality and would last a lot longer than it did. The black coating on the inside of the door melted as well as on the microwave where the door sits which exposed the metal and has caused the microwave to smoke and emit sparks. Won't be buying this one again

Do not buy

The Microwave works well although I always thought it was very noisy. It continues make noise well after the cooking process. The bad thing is that my first one blew up in the warranty period. The second one stopped working today outside the warranty period. Two in 3 years. Avoid buying the microwave.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Tony

Sharp Customer care contacted me for this out of warranty product. I could not fault their service and the outcome is a very positive result for me. Thank you Sharp.

Ivo

Ivo

Fast heating microwave

Bought the white model of the sharp carousel from the good guys couple of months ago. Fast heating microwave, takes only seconds to heat things up. Got lots of different settings for various usages, warming up, cooking, defrosting, etc. Had the same model previously that lasted for many many years without any problem.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

alex2001

alex2001Perth, WA

Ok but has developed loud Buzzzz when plugged in but not in use. Call Centre need to be taught about

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Peter

PeterSydney

Burnt paint under door, while googling the burnt door, I found this review site.

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Elaine A

Elaine AMid North Coast, NSW

New addition yo the kitchen

So far we have found the microwave quite satisfactory. Finding it hard to adjust to the cooling period when it is turned off. It is light in weight but seems sturdy. It has quite a lot of programs to get used too but can be used by just setting the time and start.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Burnt out after 18 months

Date PurchasedApr 2015
deb06

deb06Wantirna

Burnt door

I had the same problem. The label on the body of the microwave had started to peel away and managed to get itself stuck to the door while I was cooking vegetables. I levered open the microwave to find a burnt strip on the door and the body of the microwave. I complained to Sharp who said the label could not have caused this but I firmly believe it did. I had to buy a new microwave. Have bought another Sharp but hope to get more longevity from this one.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
HG.

HG.Kareela

BURNT DOOR

Have always used Sharp microwave ovens in the past. This one did not last as long as the others. However it was a great oven while it was going. We use the oven every day and just now found it made a burning smell and on inspection found that the door and connecting internal face had scoring marks where the arching occurred. Now I must purchase a new oven, very frustrated but I can't take the chance of starting a fire.

Jessica B

Jessica B

Just Dangerous

We have been luckier than most and managed to get a few years out of this microwave, but like so many others on this site the inside of the microwave has melted against the door resulting in a terrible burning smell and it has become dangerous to use.

Surely this model should have been recalled. I think it's worth reporting to the ACCC as an unsafe product.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Karen

KarenHunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't recommend. Has a ridiculous cooling off period

Had a Sharp Microwave for close to 20 years and loved it! Loved it so much I went straight into Harvey Norman the other day and bought what I thought would be as close to the same thing as possible. It even looked very similar but its not. While it works fine it has this insane cooling off period of 30 seconds for EVERYTHING. I heat a baby bottle for 5 seconds and then it continues to cool for a further 30 seconds. At 2 am its unnecessarily noisy and a complete waste of electricity. I wish I had of known about it before buying it. I would have chosen another model or brand even. Very disappointed. I'm about to fit out a new house and I dont think Ill be buying Sharp appliances.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

MattMelbourne

Mine burnt too, after 2 years

Sharp Carousel is that brand I remember from my childhood. There has always been one in my kitchen. I remember the one we had when I was young lasting 10+ years. Not so these days, like other reviewers the microwave burnt itself today where the door seals against the body. An awful burning smell (metallic awfulness) lingered for a while. The microwave had been on for a matter of seconds when this happened. I am terribly disappointed and note others who are reviewing a similar model (slightly better) with the same issue - http://www.productreview.com.au/p/sharp-r395ys.html. I suspect consumer guarantees will cover a microwave fault within 3 year life span, but this is always a painful argument with the retailer.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

ChrisBundaberg

Sharp microwaves - not what they used to be

I've purchased Sharp microwaves since they were available in Australia and have always been happy with them. At the end of November 2016 I purchased this microwave and only after light use the fan has had to be replaced. It is still under warranty but that is not the point. Only two months old and already having problems. I only looked at Sharp microwaves at the time of purchase because of the excellent run I've had with all their microwaves. In my opinion the quality is just not what it used to be.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

End of an Era

Have purchased over 10 of these Microwaves for various applications over the years and have always had a good run with Sharp, unfortunately the latest purchase failed 2 months out of warranty,something has changed as this one was a 1200 watt sensor inverter but with no real grunt, might try Panasonic.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Stopped heating

I Really like Sharp microwaves but sadly this model only lasted 2 1/2 years. My previous sharp microwave lasted 15 years. Today it decided not to heat the food and am so disappointied. I feel sharp are easy to use and I hope my next sharp microwave lasts much longer.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

KatyPerth

Not made to last much past the 12 month warranty.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Thanks Sharp,

I did contact you and some 6 weeks later when your designated repairer said it was not fixable you replaced my microwave.

Chrissy

Chrissy

Just stopped working

Worked great for about 18 months (aside from the melted paint in the inside frame near the door). Then just stopped working. Blew the safety switch and now won't turn on. Annoyed, replaced a sharp carousel, and it doesn't last 2 years. Product looks great, easy to clean, easy to use.

Carly LMount Barker

Not heating any more

We have been happy with our microwave up to now... It has just decided to not heat our food which is the whole point!! Our last Sharp microwave lasted 8 years and this one is only 12 months old :( I really hope we can have it fixed as we have lost our receipt

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

arnaudessendon

Bad customer service, microwave doesn't work as advertised

I bought this at JB Hi fi 2 months ago and it started out to be OK but when I wanted to use the rice cooking feature, it did not cook properly. I tried a few times with different things like more water, less water, lid on, lid off and ended up taking twice the time to cook rice in a microwave rice cooker than it should. Luckily I didn't throw out my old LG oven which still knows how to cook rice on a rice cooking setting. Apparently I cannot review the customer service here but I believe a fair review of any product should include the customer service as well.

arnaud

Thanks but you are too late. All this time i didn't get any attention from you and now suddenly you are on top of it. I am sending this back and will be buying another brand.

So disapointed!

Purchased this microwave less than 4 years ago. I have been so happy with this model after previously owning a Sharp Microwave for 10 years with no issues. However yesterday at the end of a cook I noticed burning smell and when opening the door smoke billowed out. I was only heating a cup of coffee for less than a minute and I keep my microwave in good condition. So disappointed this didn't last. The average expected lifetime of a microwave is expected to be 9 years. I'll be investigating my options especially as this seems to be a common fault with this particular model.