Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 3 of 3)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Disappointed

We bought this microwave just over 2 years ago. It has some great features. We used it over the weekend it worked fine, a few hours later my husband opened the microwave door to discover scorch marks on the door and corresponding scorch marks on the cavity opening. We are reluctant to even leave the power connected and even more reluctant to replace it with another Sharp product.
How long should a microwave last? This is very disappointing to say the least.

WJJohnstonGold Coast

Always have used sharp microwaves, this one is unusable in 16 months.

Unusable because the display numbers and symbols have disappeared from the control window.. In fact i have a smaller Sharp Microwave in use at the moment, no trouble. Purchased from the Good Guys some years. I don't think i will purchase another Sharp product, i think someone tries to advance technology too quickly and has no idea what they are doing. Sometimes old technology works as it always did.

WJJohnston

I have been in touch with service person on the Gold Coast ,who informed me that the lead crystal display that he ordered was LOST IN TRANSIT,he has the repair job well in hand if only they can find the missing lead crystal display unit.????????

Can't live without a microwave, can certainly live wihout this piece of junk!

It just stopped working, used once a day for a little over a year as all meals other than breakfast are provided where we live. No burning evidence inside it just stopped, extremely dissapointed with this product thankfully the place did'nt burn down! you get what you pay for I guess, Sharpe used to be a great product, what went wrong I wonder?
I've been told taking it in for repair could take weeks with no good result for me as it's out of warranty, and would cost more than another cheapy!

KJ Brown

KJ BrownAdelaide

Disappointed with product

purchased 30/06/2014 at the Good Guys and stopped working (heating) 12/11/2014 .We have had such a good run with Sharp products before, decided not to take out Extended warranty. The last oven lasted from 2002 until the purchase of this one , so yes we are very disappointed and may have to try another brand.

Serial No. 120421494 - Not Happy

I agree with other posts, this is not satisfactory. Original family Sharp we purchased in Dubai eons ago, was multifunction & worked for more than 10 years without a problem, made in JAPAN! This Thai product is rubbish, just over 2 years old, used by just two people and no longer working. Tried to get online support but found the site wanted $51 for a response, which, would probably have been "no serviceable parts" etc. etc.
We gave away our Panasonic to a relative, bad move, it is still working after 6 years.

Burnt-TwiceAU

2 years old and not heating properly

Mine is around 2 years old but this week it hasn't been heating properly. Always defrost slices of frozen bread at 60% power for 10 seconds a slice but now the bread is still half frozen. Also warming milk its still cool.

Reading the reviews here (which would be a small percentage of complaints) I'm wondering if it will catch fire too.

Surely Sharp needs a recall?

Like the others, my mum had a sharp convection microwave for 16 years no problems.

Burnt-Twice

So not enough fires to warrant any warning to owners or a recall? Sounds like Samsung...

Gary HartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its Dead!

I do realize that unit has a 12 month warranty but only 2 of us in house and use very infrequently, unit replaced a previous one we had for well over 10 years when kids were on board so worked overtime, this one lasted 18 months and completely dead! Bought as would for in space in kitchen cabinet!
Maybe get a new kitchen after reading some of other reviews! Disappointing!

Gary Hart

Thanks, still have not heard from any of the feedback team.
Cheers
Gary

Stephanie

StephanieQueensland

Disappointed

Last night while using our microwave if just suddenly stopped it is now completely dead no lights, no fan spinning, nothing coming up on the screen have had this microwave for only 3 years we have always had Sharp microwaves and have never had any problems prior, this microwave wasn't cheap either when we bought it so disappointed:(

honest_reviewMelbourne

Not Satisfied. Product is defective.

Hi, we bought this microwave on the 21/9/14 after we were satisfied with our previous sharp microwave model R330Js.We have unfortunately made many trips to the service centre. 1st visit-black mark on the door indicating casing is burnt...I only about warm food and not cook in it so I dont know how...and this morning it would not even warm a glass of milk so yet another trip which is frustrating considering we paid so much for it...carrying the heavy thing into the car and driving all the way is not something we are happy about. Made a complaint and waiting to see what happens. Leaving a review here hoping no one has to go through what we are going through. Hope this helps.

CMSWHITEBrisbane

Didn't last two years

Bought one of these Dec 2013. Died a couple of months later. Shop replaced and new one died today. Less than two year old. It worked great when it worked. But Sharp is obviously not as good a brand as I imagined. Microwave simply dead. I had a surge protector on it.

CMSWHITE

The saga is over! Sharp examined the microwave and arranged for Harvey Norman to replace it - yet again. Thank you Sharp for backing your product with service, even after the warranty has expired.

Krish

KrishCaroline Springs

Made to last well till the warranty expires. Dangerous product

John ADarwin, NT

Disappointed

6 months old and failed. Take it back to the Good Guys who won't replace it. It has to be sent to Sharp service agent to inspect. No micowave now for how many weeks?

John A

Repaired after 2 weeks and is currently operating satisfactorily.

David S

David SSydney, NSW

Unstable base

Just replaced old carousel with new one. They have replaced the rubber footings with plastic. Slides when press buttons and open the door. Had to use double sided tape and grip mat to stop this happening. You have 2 plastic 'shoes' at the front and extended metal at the back - How was this going to grip!

BargainBenno

BargainBennoAU

Good model but just did not last

We purchased this in Mid 2013 and it seemed really good. It defrosted well and all that. Well we moved house last week and it seems it did not like the move. When we turn it on it just hums and there is a nooise of a clicking sound and thats about it. It gets very hot and well enough said. Functionally good but build quality not so good.

Fullmoon