Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 3 of 6)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Jippy
JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Jessica B
Jessica B

Just Dangerous

We have been luckier than most and managed to get a few years out of this microwave, but like so many others on this site the inside of the microwave has melted against the door resulting in a terrible burning smell and it has become dangerous to use.

Surely this model should have been recalled. I think it's worth reporting to the ACCC as an unsafe product.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Karen
KarenHunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't recommend. Has a ridiculous cooling off period

Had a Sharp Microwave for close to 20 years and loved it! Loved it so much I went straight into Harvey Norman the other day and bought what I thought would be as close to the same thing as possible. It even looked very similar but its not. While it works fine it has this insane cooling off period of 30 seconds for EVERYTHING. I heat a baby bottle for 5 seconds and then it continues to cool for a further 30 seconds. At 2 am its unnecessarily noisy and a complete waste of electricity. I wish I had of known about it before buying it. I would have chosen another model or brand even. Very disappointed. I'm about to fit out a new house and I dont think Ill be buying Sharp appliances.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!

Mara
MaraTHORNLEIGH

Don't walk away from this MW. Better run!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Terrible, as it lacks power to boil and lots of time to cool down

Purchased microwave in May 2017 as sales person indicated best selling item. How wrong was he or for me to believe such tesiminials. It can not boil water or hear up food. The outcome is as thought being placed in a warm oven. For a rating of 1200 watts it lacks the punch. Do not recommend this productbat all, do not be fooled by sales pitch. I will need now proceed to argue with the salesperson and replace this crap of a product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Judith LSydney, NSW

Not the sharp of the past.

Not happy-easy to use-looks good- however power supply fails every time. Purchased July 2016.Have had to return (3)new replacements to retailer as power failed everytime.!5th May 2017 Decided I've had enough & changed & paid for different manufacturer.Sharp not the quality of the past-Will not recommend sharp to anyone.Must give congratulations to Harvey Norman for great customer service.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Judith L

Investigate the issue with the item as many are defective-not me.I have resolved my issues by buying elsewhere.

SCJtaren point

Stay away from Sharp!!!Worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life!!!

Bought this microwave Feb 2017. Within 1 month it started to make annoying buzzing sound. Sent back to Good Guys where I bought it. They sent away for fixing. Got it back after 8 or 9 days. Problem unsolved. Then I called Sharp. Asked me to send for fixing again, which I did. Got it back after 16 days. Problem is still there. Emailed to Sharp. not even responding. Have complained to Fair Trading. See how it will go. For goodness sake, this is a brand new machine!!!Please learn from my lesson. There are plenty of microwaves in the shop. You don't need this misery.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SCJ

Before this I have sent emails to that email address TWICE. Your customer service is not even responding!

BubblinkyFraser Coast

Dissapointment

As a replacement of my 14 yr old Sharp microwave, the R350YW has disappointed for the second time. The first returned within 2 weeks as it was sparking, the second just stopped dead. Purchased 22/04/2015 & would have expected it to last longer. As it is out of warranty I assume their is no choice but to pay another $200 and try again.
Obviously by other reviews, Sharp is perhaps no longer renowned for its longevity. Such a shame as it used to be my go to choice.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
MattMelbourne

Mine burnt too, after 2 years

Sharp Carousel is that brand I remember from my childhood. There has always been one in my kitchen. I remember the one we had when I was young lasting 10+ years. Not so these days, like other reviewers the microwave burnt itself today where the door seals against the body. An awful burning smell (metallic awfulness) lingered for a while. The microwave had been on for a matter of seconds when this happened. I am terribly disappointed and note others who are reviewing a similar model (slightly better) with the same issue - http://www.productreview.com.au/p/sharp-r395ys.html. I suspect consumer guarantees will cover a microwave fault within 3 year life span, but this is always a painful argument with the retailer.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Up in smoke!

Having owned this microwave just on 2 years, today it decided to go up in smoke with a putrid burning smell. Upon inspecting the inside of the microwave I find that the inside of the door has melted away where it makes contact with the door frame which it closes against, and has also burnt the same said door frame.

Not good enough Sharp and considering all these other reviews that I have read with a similar problem no doubt there is some sort of design issue that Sharp is not addressing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
John

Many thanks for your quick reply, I shall keep you informed as to the final outcome.
Regards,

Fire in the House

Sharp R350YW purchased 2/3/13 for my aged mother who lives alone.
I used it for her yesterday and about 10 seconds after start there was a burning smell, on inspection there was fire coming out the internal grille on the right side. This stopped when the unit was turned off.
I hate to think what would have happened if she had been the user and left the room while it was running.
Dangerous and four years is a short life for a mw compared with others I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

ChrisBundaberg

Sharp microwaves - not what they used to be

I've purchased Sharp microwaves since they were available in Australia and have always been happy with them. At the end of November 2016 I purchased this microwave and only after light use the fan has had to be replaced. It is still under warranty but that is not the point. Only two months old and already having problems. I only looked at Sharp microwaves at the time of purchase because of the excellent run I've had with all their microwaves. In my opinion the quality is just not what it used to be.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Fridge hunterHunter Valley NSW

Just out of warranty and broken

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Email Sent

Burning issue

Yes I have had the same problem today with my sharp R350YW. The microwave was on and smelt a putrid burning smell. When I opened the door there was a severe burn on the centre of the door and front of the oven floor. Terrible fumes and smell still in the house. I'm scared to use it again. Not happy. Beware!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dangerous

I had purchased this microwave nearly two years ago. Was heating up food and could smell a burning smell couldn't figure out what it was until i had opened the microwave door. One spot inside the door was burnt and the seal had melted. This is now unsafe to use. This microwave was not cheap. Won't be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Jo99Melbourne

So very disappointed this time round

We had our first SHARP microwave for over 15 years, so when we needed a new one SHARP was the obvious choice This one for 15 Months. It lost power half way through cooking dinner tonight and that's it. So disappointed and of course just outside of warranty. Hard to justify buying another sharp after this experience and that of most other reviewers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Jazz82
Jazz82Central Queensland, QLD

Unhappy customer

After 2 years the display stopped working and it cost more to replace the display than it does to replace microwave...we are hoping we will get better life out of a different brand when we purchase new microwave now. We threw this microwave out. Can't believe it....$260 for 2yr life. Terrible.. not happy and would not recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
KatyPerth

Not made to last much past the 12 month warranty.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Thanks Sharp,

I did contact you and some 6 weeks later when your designated repairer said it was not fixable you replaced my microwave.

Chrissy
Chrissy

Just stopped working

Worked great for about 18 months (aside from the melted paint in the inside frame near the door). Then just stopped working. Blew the safety switch and now won't turn on. Annoyed, replaced a sharp carousel, and it doesn't last 2 years. Product looks great, easy to clean, easy to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Shiv
Shiv

Haven't had a worse one!

It was great when I got it but recently it burnt me as I reached in to get the food (the inside of the door had an extremely hot part). Not only that it was only weeks later (happened days ago) that there was sparks and smoke from that same part. It is 3 months out of warranty! Too dangerous so I had to buy a new one... So dissapointed... Not an expense I counted in but rather that than something potentially worse!!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Door melted on new machine and again on replacement

We purchased the original microwave and within the month the door and frame sparked and melted. We received a replacement but had to go for about a month without one and that was annoying when we had baby bottles to sterilise, etc. When we got the replacement the light stopped working within the month but we couldn't go without a microwave again so we put up with that. Then today the door melted on thus one too. Going to take it back to the shop but very cautious about getting this one again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Stressed

If all you want to do is to heat up your food and if you are 70 and 80 years old do not go near this one.
All I wanted was to heat up my milk and food and I need a university degree.
So upset with this purchase. I chose this one with numbers. To make it easy for my 80 year old husband it so has a stupid cooling cycle, why?

Date PurchasedAug 2016