MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Buying Guide Banner

Leigh
LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

billv53

Well my microwave joined the others. Failed after 2 yrs and 1 month.

Like others in the review the microwave lasted just over 2 years. Purchased Sharp after my previous second Panasonic failed, though they gave years of service. Liked the size of the unit and thought the cool down cycle would help in unit longevity. Extremely dissapointed as I thought Sharp were a leading brand. Will contact Sharp to see how I go as it is obviousl;y a common problem going via the reviews on this site.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

billv53

Sharp have agreed to fix under warranty.

Michael G.
Michael G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped Working.

Looks good. Quiet. The cool down function gets annoying, but worst of all like the majority of other reviews, we hit the two year mark and suddenly it makes an unusual noise and no longer heats. I'll go back to Panasonic, lasted a lot longer. Sharp, prove me wrong!

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Michael, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Sel
SelMiami

Not happy

Our microwave died tonight after random issues where it wouldn’t heat properly. Used less than two years. Spent more money on what I thought was a good brand. Now reading these reviews I understand otherwise :(
The same model at my workplace has also been replaced numerous times. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
RossCanberra

Stopped working after two and a half years

We purchased the Sharp R350YW from JB HiFi. This week, after 2.5 years, it suddenly started making concerning, loud noises. We were afraid to use it. Very unhappy. Our previous microwaves have lasted for many years. Would like to check if the manufacturer can repair or replace it. Thank you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ross, we are disappointed to hear of the outcome but thank you for your feedback which we have passed on for review. Thank you.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Chewie
ChewieMelbourne

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Gautam Yasha
Gautam YashaPerth, WA

Poor Quality..not recommended

Got an expensive sharp microwave. Sadly didn't last even for 3 years. Smelled something burning and asked a quote to repair but the quote was more then the price of the Microwave, so had to dump it into recycle tip.
Its better to buy cheap ones so it doesn't pinch if its conks off!

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gautam, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Pompey1
Pompey1Carlton

Powerful model works well

Got a reconditioned one off eBay and it's going great guns. Its quite powerful (950 watts) and the thing I really like about it is that is cooks and defrosts very evenly. Its an inverter style microwave so I guess this is the difference. It's very simple and obvious to operate and looks sharp too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a great day!

Annie
AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Jodie
JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Trinity
TrinityBrisbane

Works fine!

It was a bit hard to grasp how exactly to use it because there were many functions, however, once we got the hold of it it became a household necessity. It serves its function well and heats up food wonderfully. It has been working for a long time and shows no problem at all so far.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Trinity, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Warren
WarrenPerth, WA

Initially very disappointed

We have had Sharp microwaves before and were pleased with them. We have been happy with this one until it died 6 weeks out of warranty . We were very disappointed and looked possible replacements. I decided to speak to Sharp consumer care and they have been most helpful and are assessing my microwave to fix it for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Warren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Bilby
Bilbymelbourne

My one is fine!

I see a lot of reviews here saying they have had trouble with this model but we have had a perfect run. No problems at all - OK the number pad is a little scuffed but no big deal. Maybe I got a "good" one? I actually like the way this runs and use it nearly every day - mostly just to reheat food so for short time periods. Sharp is a good brand and this works just I would expect it too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Bilby, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

mockjock
mockjockPERTH

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

P and S
P and SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works fine

Bought this a few months ago. I just use it to reheat things etc. Does the job well. The only thing I don't like is that the panel is covered in some sort of clear seal and on the clear button it has bunched up a bit. It doesn't affect the use of the microwave, but takes the shine off looking like a new appliance.

Date PurchasedSept 2017