Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 3 of 6)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Taz
TazKuraby

Awesome Appliance.

This microwave looks good, has clear buttons, heats up very fast, 1200W is powerful always had Sharp microwaves, really long lasting,old one still in perfect working condition except for the LCD display, seems to be a SHARP issue.
the cooling feature takes time to get used to, very stable large rotating table. Has a lot of functions, does smudge a bit so requires constant cleaning.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
AngeSydney, NSW

Sharp & Smart looking

Nice & clean to look at in white on a kitchen bench and is well-built. Has excellent visibility through glass door, quiet when in use, However, although has extensive programmes, digital display is difficult for an elderly person to use with multiple programs & also takes time to learn to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ange

Thank you for your reply.

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Bernadette
BernadetteDarwin, NT

Wouldn't choose anything else

I had this same brand for nearly five years so when it needed replacing I didn't want to consider anything else. Why would I. The size is great, settings are easy to follow and not complicated and unlike some models easy to use start stop and timer buttons. Choices that you will use and menus easy to read.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Beksta
BekstaTasmania

Sharp microwave

Great functionality and easy to use touch panel with 10 power levels.
Heaps of menu and de-frost functions and solid in construction.
Cooks and reheats food whether fresh or frozen perfectly.
Nice looking unit with a quite operation and good results whatever your cooking.
Easy to clean interior and exterior with removable glass turntable and base

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Jippy
JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mars
MarsBrisbane

Reliable and sturdy

Our last Smeg microwave with the bells and whistles rusted and broke down after 2yrs. We decided to return to the good old Sharp microwave and this was a perfect for what our whole family needed.

Very simple to use, basic operations with touch button settings for heat, defrost and power settings. Food comes out very hot and evenly heated through, unlike our last microwave where the food would be hot on the outside and cold inside.

Overall, very happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Ourco
OurcoNorth Sydney

Satisfy so far.

Had the last Sharp microwave for the last ten years until it quits.. Was looking at Panasonic or Sharp for replacement. Picked Sharp again as the mesh actually let you see through inside. R350 nowhere build as tough as the old one but it heats up food quicker. Cool down fan kicks in as soon as cooking finished, sometimes confusing.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!

Mara
MaraTHORNLEIGH

Don't walk away from this MW. Better run!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Terrible, as it lacks power to boil and lots of time to cool down

Purchased microwave in May 2017 as sales person indicated best selling item. How wrong was he or for me to believe such tesiminials. It can not boil water or hear up food. The outcome is as thought being placed in a warm oven. For a rating of 1200 watts it lacks the punch. Do not recommend this productbat all, do not be fooled by sales pitch. I will need now proceed to argue with the salesperson and replace this crap of a product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Judith LSydney, NSW

Not the sharp of the past.

Not happy-easy to use-looks good- however power supply fails every time. Purchased July 2016.Have had to return (3)new replacements to retailer as power failed everytime.!5th May 2017 Decided I've had enough & changed & paid for different manufacturer.Sharp not the quality of the past-Will not recommend sharp to anyone.Must give congratulations to Harvey Norman for great customer service.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Judith L

Investigate the issue with the item as many are defective-not me.I have resolved my issues by buying elsewhere.

SCJtaren point

Stay away from Sharp!!!Worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life!!!

Bought this microwave Feb 2017. Within 1 month it started to make annoying buzzing sound. Sent back to Good Guys where I bought it. They sent away for fixing. Got it back after 8 or 9 days. Problem unsolved. Then I called Sharp. Asked me to send for fixing again, which I did. Got it back after 16 days. Problem is still there. Emailed to Sharp. not even responding. Have complained to Fair Trading. See how it will go. For goodness sake, this is a brand new machine!!!Please learn from my lesson. There are plenty of microwaves in the shop. You don't need this misery.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SCJ

Before this I have sent emails to that email address TWICE. Your customer service is not even responding!

BubblinkyFraser Coast

Dissapointment

As a replacement of my 14 yr old Sharp microwave, the R350YW has disappointed for the second time. The first returned within 2 weeks as it was sparking, the second just stopped dead. Purchased 22/04/2015 & would have expected it to last longer. As it is out of warranty I assume their is no choice but to pay another $200 and try again.
Obviously by other reviews, Sharp is perhaps no longer renowned for its longevity. Such a shame as it used to be my go to choice.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Up in smoke!

Having owned this microwave just on 2 years, today it decided to go up in smoke with a putrid burning smell. Upon inspecting the inside of the microwave I find that the inside of the door has melted away where it makes contact with the door frame which it closes against, and has also burnt the same said door frame.

Not good enough Sharp and considering all these other reviews that I have read with a similar problem no doubt there is some sort of design issue that Sharp is not addressing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
John

Many thanks for your quick reply, I shall keep you informed as to the final outcome.
Regards,

Fire in the House

Sharp R350YW purchased 2/3/13 for my aged mother who lives alone.
I used it for her yesterday and about 10 seconds after start there was a burning smell, on inspection there was fire coming out the internal grille on the right side. This stopped when the unit was turned off.
I hate to think what would have happened if she had been the user and left the room while it was running.
Dangerous and four years is a short life for a mw compared with others I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Fridge hunterHunter Valley NSW

Just out of warranty and broken

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Email Sent

Burning issue

Yes I have had the same problem today with my sharp R350YW. The microwave was on and smelt a putrid burning smell. When I opened the door there was a severe burn on the centre of the door and front of the oven floor. Terrible fumes and smell still in the house. I'm scared to use it again. Not happy. Beware!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dangerous

I had purchased this microwave nearly two years ago. Was heating up food and could smell a burning smell couldn't figure out what it was until i had opened the microwave door. One spot inside the door was burnt and the seal had melted. This is now unsafe to use. This microwave was not cheap. Won't be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Chez
ChezGold Coast Qld.

'Loving this Sharp Microwave so far.....

Quiet operation, easy to follow front panel, cooling down fairly rapid, even cooking and good clear view of products inside when operating. We've had Panasonic over past 15 years both went rusty quickly inside and heated bowls and containers faster than the food in the end. Time for change to Sharp. A workplace where hubby was, used a Sharp for over 40 employees for their lunchroom/tearoom - always on the go, never skipped a beat, and a high volume Restaurant kitchen where I worked as a Chef had a $3,500 commercial microwave in one area and a Sharp domestic version in the production line kitchen for reheating items. The Sharp $197 model outlived and worked better than the commercial 3 times over.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Fluffyasacat
FluffyasacatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far so good.

Powerful and easy to use. Can't beat it for the price. It's pretty much just like the last Sharp Carousel we had, which would have kept going for another 10 years (had our son's friend not incinerated a bagel in it, almost setting the house on fire). Would happily purchase another down the track.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
navagSouth East Queensland, QLD

I can not understand why there is so many negative reviews of this very good inverter microwave oven

I purchased a R360RW Sharp microwave with Inverter technology recently to replace a similar size Sharp microwave that I had for over 20 years without any trouble, never missing a beat until it suddenly died. The new unit has plenty of power, it's very easy to use, and was a reasonable price. It is every bit as good as my previous Sharp and for me the previous experience with a Sharp microwave oven indicated good reliability.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
navag

I have now had this microwave for close to 1 year now and it is still going as good as the day I bought it. navag.

Colin
ColinNSW, 2224

Good So Far

I have only had this 1 year. It operates well so far. The sensor function works well. My previous Sharp Sensor microwave lasted 17 years. This one was fairly cheap, at $189. The fan does operate after cooking, to cool down the microwave. It is reasonably powerful, at 1200 Watts.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Jo99Melbourne

So very disappointed this time round

We had our first SHARP microwave for over 15 years, so when we needed a new one SHARP was the obvious choice This one for 15 Months. It lost power half way through cooking dinner tonight and that's it. So disappointed and of course just outside of warranty. Hard to justify buying another sharp after this experience and that of most other reviewers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015