Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 4 of 6)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Jazz82
Jazz82Central Queensland, QLD

Unhappy customer

After 2 years the display stopped working and it cost more to replace the display than it does to replace microwave...we are hoping we will get better life out of a different brand when we purchase new microwave now. We threw this microwave out. Can't believe it....$260 for 2yr life. Terrible.. not happy and would not recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Shiv
Shiv

Haven't had a worse one!

It was great when I got it but recently it burnt me as I reached in to get the food (the inside of the door had an extremely hot part). Not only that it was only weeks later (happened days ago) that there was sparks and smoke from that same part. It is 3 months out of warranty! Too dangerous so I had to buy a new one... So dissapointed... Not an expense I counted in but rather that than something potentially worse!!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015

SpeedyNewcastle NSW

Better than most of the modern rubbsh out there

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

Door melted on new machine and again on replacement

We purchased the original microwave and within the month the door and frame sparked and melted. We received a replacement but had to go for about a month without one and that was annoying when we had baby bottles to sterilise, etc. When we got the replacement the light stopped working within the month but we couldn't go without a microwave again so we put up with that. Then today the door melted on thus one too. Going to take it back to the shop but very cautious about getting this one again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Stressed

If all you want to do is to heat up your food and if you are 70 and 80 years old do not go near this one.
All I wanted was to heat up my milk and food and I need a university degree.
So upset with this purchase. I chose this one with numbers. To make it easy for my 80 year old husband it so has a stupid cooling cycle, why?

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
CateBirchip

Very happy with purchase!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Don't buy Sharp internally painted microwave

Date PurchasedMay 2015

PLeased Customer

We had a Panasonic inverter microwave previous to buying a Sharp. For my money, the Sharp is easier to operate and much quieter. And with 1200 watts of power everything is noticeably quicker. I wasn't sure I was making the right choice when I first purchased the Sharp but I am very happy with the choice now.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Dangerous Microwave

Kim
Kim

Happy to send you my contacts details to Sharp Australia to follow up with me. Can you let me know a email address to send my contact details to and a Reference number to quote

Peter CPerth

Burning smell, burnt door

I admit we got our Sharp microwave s/h but it wasn't very old. Today it started to smell while in use, giving off that acrid 'electrical burning' smell. I immediately disconnected it and opened the door to find a 25mm-long burn mark on the bottom lip of the door, with corresponding burn mark on the case. For a fairly new m/w oven I'm not impressed; I threw it in the dumpster.

Peter C

I have already tossed the m/w. Too late. Just make better products.

Squeaking noise

I bought the microwave 3 years ago, but after about one year, a squeaking noise came out after every use. I was a bit worried at the beginning, but then just ignored it. Yet it does not it reduces my worry. It is only that I can't afford to dump it and get a new one when thinking about the short life of an appliance. I write this review at this time because my daughter is going to buy one for her new house, so I searched online for reviews.

emmacran
emmacranAU

Dangerous! Don't buy!

My husband was melting butter and the microwave door started melting and burning as the metal next to the door was sparking. Lucky that he was able to switch it off quickly before it caused any more damage. We bought this microwave as our previous Sharo Carousel lasted many years. This one lasted 18 months. Won't be buying another Sharp.

Bad Experience with Sharp

I got my Microwave Sharp R350Y from less than 2 years, Suddenly it starts to make sparks , so I stop it , I talk to the customer Care, They told me that you have to send it to the nearest Maintenance shop and let them inspect it and if it is a manufacture issue we will check. and I have to pay for the inspection, so it is more easier to go and get new one and I will never go to Sharp any more.

Willy
Willy

Thank You , I have sent my details.

GavinSydney

Bad burning smells after just a few years.

Disappointing.
After just a few years the microwave inner rim (which sits up against the door) gets extremely hot and actually burned the panel.
The same thing happened a few days later.
We have always taken good care of our microwave and it's in a safe elevated position to keep the kids away from it.
Our precious panasonics lasted way longer.
Sorry sharp but you quality appears to have slipped.

ok - I will send this to you sortly

Never again

The microwave does cook food effectively....however...
This is the worst microwave i have ever owned. When the food is cooked, it beeps. That's where it should end. After a little while it beeps again. Then a third time. I know my food is cooked but it is so annoying. To the point where i want to either modify it or run over it. What kind of device in this day and age doesn't have the option to turn the beeping beep reminder off?

Cartsau
Cartsau

Star78
Star78Canberra

Bought in Jan 2015

Bought this microwave from the Good Guys in January 2015. It lasted 18 months. i used it today and shortly after I noticed a high buzzing noise coming from the microwave. Shortly after, my power circuit switched all power. I can't imagine what would have happened if the power wasn't switched off! Not happy

Interior coating peeling after 13 months

Wegz
Wegz
acc
accMelbourne

Can't get even cooking!

We recently purchased this model as we have been satisfied with earlier models. However, the cooking is incredibly uneven. It seems that there is no perfect place to situate on the turntable that will cook food without some left raw? Is there a problem with this model? It seems the life of the machines is getting shorter also.

Colin52Perth, WA

Had a few of these now and tehy fail just past the warranty period:(

Sharp USED to be a great brand for Microwave ovens. Our first one lasted many years. The last 3 have failed in warranty or just passed the warranty.

The current one is a replacement unit that failed after a few days. The replacement unit has constantly had problems with it and now the only cooking it can do is for 99 seconds and even then it either stays on 99 seconds or goes blank and continues to cook.

The microwave light stays on when not cooking.

Door push button system is getting harder and harder to open. Only had this just past the 12 month warranty period.

No idea what is considered a good brand these days. Will read user reviews in here.

Sharp A.Sharp

Another one bites the dust

Bought just over 2 years, after last Sharp bought and lasted about 6 years.
Thought this will last about the same time. Very disappointed after spending more than $200 to get only 2 years.
After reading reviews on this site seriously considering to change the brand. Sharp was known for its quality in microwaves. WHAT is happening?

SharpRCrapGold Coast

Rubbish - save your money and buy a cheapie.

Did better than most and got 3 years out of this unit, then yesterday it just stopped heating up anything. Like others, I bought Sharp as they had a reputation for building quality microwaves.
Clearly this is no longer the case. Run away people, do not buy anything from Sharp.

SharpRCrap

Having you say "Hi SharpRCrap" almost makes up for your microwave blowing up. I'll survive ok without the assistance of your Customer Care team thanks. There is too many people on here that have already gone down that rabbit hole.

Very poor microwave

Microwave failed after 10 months- inverter board blew. SHARP very difficult to deal with. Official service agent told me to call Sharp myself to try and speed process along as they were notoriously bad.
After 10 phone calls and 5 weeks replacement finally arrived. Sharp service do not call back, do not answer emails, manager does not return calls.

max k

why? I have made 10 phone calls already- you always answer on this site and then do not follow up through customer care- still makes you look bad
look up case 496258 and ask a manager to call. I will report to this site on whether anything happens

Not working

Bought this microwave thinking it would last a long time (my previous one lasted 12 years). This one I bought August 2013 and has only lasted a fraction of the time. Very very disappointed :( It has just stopped working the numbers count down really really fast and then beeps, but there is no heating, etc.

Sharp A.Sharp

Very disappointed as I thought it was the best

I got the sharp R350RW 1200 watt model thinking we had paid good money for a great brand ($279), but just after 2 years it blew up..!! every time you hit the start button it blew all the fuses in the house and finally in the end there was a loud bang with sparks coming out the front near start button. Had it looked at for a cost of $45 to tell me the Megatron and Inverter were totally burnt out.... (the main parts) So microwave is no good, please don't buy. My last model ran for 10 years no worries. Sharp you are loosing customers fast. I'm now looking elsewhere for something that lasts. Thousands of dollars on your products, stereos, TV"s, electrical etc. Ross

Rossco
Rossco
Ingrid M
Ingrid MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Burn marks on door and frame after 15 months

My mother purchased this microwave only 15 months ago and there are now burn marks that have appeared on the bottom left hand side of the door, which is through the plastic and there is corresponding melted plastic on the frame when the door closes. It is obviously a manufacturing fault as so many others have the same problem. I have the same microwave at home (so I have just discovered) and will be keeping a very close eye on it. The tragic part is that these are still being sold new, with so many issues. I will be calling Sharp to see what they have to say, in the meantime we've opted for a new, safe, Panasonic for my elderly mother.