Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 2 of 6)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Lem

LemAdelaide

Solid device

My review may not be super useful as I rarely use it.
So far, I've had no issues. Variable power,loads of settings. It does all I need a microwave to do. If you're looking for something fancier, maybe look at others, but i got on sale and had been good so far.

Shandy

ShandyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just OK not too bad

We spend 189 dollars on this microwave. Many functions but we didn't really try all yet. Good in price and the reason we bought because of inverter sensor function. It also doesn't require time to be set during heat the food as sensor will know how long it need to heat up. Try with a glass of water before and it work out. We try on food before it doesn't stop so we will staring on out microwave to ensure not over heat

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Leigh

LeighGosford

Meets needs

When i first bought this product i got great customer service they didn't try and sell me something i didn't need. Therefore I'm impressed with my purchase meets all of my expectation I have so far still trying to figure out some of the settings so hopefully all goes well

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Samira

SamiraAustralian Capital Territory

Failed after just 1 month of use

This started off as a powerful microwave, needing half the time to heat food compared to my previous microwave. However, after a couple of weeks, the heating was uneven and unpredictable. On occasion, my mug of milk was cold even after 2 minutes of heating on full power.

And today - I was reheating leftovers and the microwave tripped my mains and has completely stopped working.
I has just been over a month since I bought the unit. I would not have expected for it to fail this early.

Very disappointed.

Tracey J

Tracey JVictoria

Door frame and sticker melted/burnt

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Dan

Danadelaide

very happy

My wife and i are very happy with our purchase of the Sharp Microwave. Have not had any problems with it and it works some much better then the last microwave we had. Looks great and fits nicely into any style of kitchen. We could not recommend this Sharp microwave higher.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Very disappointed

Purchased 11/11/16. Returned for repairs: 30/10/17. It wasn't sent by retail store to the repairer until 15/11/17. Repairer wants $85 to get it fixed as they say it is out of warranty. BUT, it wasn't out of warranty when returned to retail store. Please help me get this solved for my friend who is an 80yr old lady, on her own. Kind Regards, Kim

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kim
Kim
Samantha

SamanthaSydney

A very reliable microwave!

I've had this microwave for almost a year now. I don't use it everyday, maybe only about a couple of times a week. Still though, it has been very reliable when it comes to easily preparing quick meals. The microwave's performance is still the same when I first bought. I only had to replace the rotating plate inside, but that was my fault.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

DeeSydney, NSW

My best electrical helper in the kitchen!

I recently purchased a new Sharp Model R350Y(W) microwave to replace my old one which stopped working after many many years of use. I chose this brand for reliability and this Model for ease of operation. The touch Control Panel is easy to read and uncomplicated. We all lead busy lives and any time saved in the kitchen is a help.

Sharyn

SharynHunter Region, NSW

Just right for the use needed

I love this one ,it is so way to use ,no long winded ways of how to use ,what temp is needed for certain meats just plain and simple ,the price was right as was the colour,size was perfect , fitted into the area it was meant for ,perfect for us

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sanj

SanjSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Microwave

This is a very powerful machine, 1200w. It only takes 30sec to warm food. It’s great to defrost food for dinner, even chicken without cooking it. The only annoying feature is the time it takes for the microwave to stop making a noise after the food is removed. They call the cooling period.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Lu KSouth East Queensland, QLD

All good woks fine

I've been using this for six months now and so far I have no complaints. I'm not sure how to review a microwave as there is not much to say about them. It works, the controls are easy to use and the door doesn't clang loudly like some models. This model is quite roomy so I can fit large items in. After the cooking is finished there is a cooling fan that comes on for a short time, but I don't know much about that aspect of it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Edit: Update
It died after 9 months - the magna something had failed. The Good guys sent it away to be fixed, which took 5 weeks. Thats 5 weeks!

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lu, thank you for your time and patience. We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the service and will pass the feedback on to our service team.

Bilby

BilbySydney

Decent Microwave with numerous features

This is a 1200 watt inverter machine which has a reasonable amount of space inside to cook almost anything you want (e.g. roast chicken).

It has a number of features which include sensor reheat, defrost, sensor cook and child lock. It also allows you to control the level of power you want for cooking at.

There is a lot of moisture when cooking and this means a quick wipe-down but apart from that it is a good microwave.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Flower

FlowerByford

Quick and easy to use.

This microwave is so much quicker than my old one I am having a bit of trouble adjusting!
It is very easy to operate, quick and simple.
Don't quite know why it beeps at the end of a cool down period, I want to take the food out hot.
It is big enough for most of my serving dishes - 10 people.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Jingjing

JingjingBrisbane

It's good , easy to use

My previous landlord purchased this microwave oven for us and I considered it was very easy to use and powerful . Now I bought one for myself when I moved into another apartment. I am happy with the appliance as usual. The only drawback is the price is a bit expensive.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

AngeSydney, NSW

Sharp & Smart looking

Nice & clean to look at in white on a kitchen bench and is well-built. Has excellent visibility through glass door, quiet when in use, However, although has extensive programmes, digital display is difficult for an elderly person to use with multiple programs & also takes time to learn to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ange

Thank you for your reply.

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Jippy

JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!