Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 3 of 7)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Sanj

SanjSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Microwave

This is a very powerful machine, 1200w. It only takes 30sec to warm food. It’s great to defrost food for dinner, even chicken without cooking it. The only annoying feature is the time it takes for the microwave to stop making a noise after the food is removed. They call the cooling period.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Lu KSouth East Queensland, QLD

All good woks fine

I've been using this for six months now and so far I have no complaints. I'm not sure how to review a microwave as there is not much to say about them. It works, the controls are easy to use and the door doesn't clang loudly like some models. This model is quite roomy so I can fit large items in. After the cooking is finished there is a cooling fan that comes on for a short time, but I don't know much about that aspect of it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Edit: Update
It died after 9 months - the magna something had failed. The Good guys sent it away to be fixed, which took 5 weeks. Thats 5 weeks!

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lu, thank you for your time and patience. We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the service and will pass the feedback on to our service team.

Bilby

BilbySydney

Decent Microwave with numerous features

This is a 1200 watt inverter machine which has a reasonable amount of space inside to cook almost anything you want (e.g. roast chicken).

It has a number of features which include sensor reheat, defrost, sensor cook and child lock. It also allows you to control the level of power you want for cooking at.

There is a lot of moisture when cooking and this means a quick wipe-down but apart from that it is a good microwave.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Flower

FlowerByford

Quick and easy to use.

This microwave is so much quicker than my old one I am having a bit of trouble adjusting!
It is very easy to operate, quick and simple.
Don't quite know why it beeps at the end of a cool down period, I want to take the food out hot.
It is big enough for most of my serving dishes - 10 people.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Jingjing

JingjingBrisbane

It's good , easy to use

My previous landlord purchased this microwave oven for us and I considered it was very easy to use and powerful . Now I bought one for myself when I moved into another apartment. I am happy with the appliance as usual. The only drawback is the price is a bit expensive.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

AngeSydney, NSW

Sharp & Smart looking

Nice & clean to look at in white on a kitchen bench and is well-built. Has excellent visibility through glass door, quiet when in use, However, although has extensive programmes, digital display is difficult for an elderly person to use with multiple programs & also takes time to learn to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ange

Thank you for your reply.

Burnt door

This was a great microwave until it burnt holes in the door and opposite it. The whole unit smells of burnt plastic and is a fire risk so I need to buy a new one which is very frustrating. I use it on a daily basis and had hoped it would last.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Jippy

JippyMelbourne

Don't Bother !

don't bother with this one guys broke down after a few months and couldn't get it fixed or replaced under warrenty. How can sell these things and sleep at night? One day it's going fine then you go to use it and the screen won't light up, none of the buttons work, ended up on the back of the trailer off to the tip. AVOID!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Earl HofertAdelaide

Takes the cake as the worst appliance I've ever bought

It lasted 7 weeks and then it stopped heating. It still seemed to work - all the lights came on, the tray would spin, it would make that humming sound... But it wasn't heating anything. I assumed I'd some how set the power level to 1 without realising, or I mean, I must have been doing something wrong, right? But no, this thing was just junk and lasted 7 weeks. You'd think Sharp would be embarrassed by this and would just hand me over a new microwave, but they insisted on trying to fix it which took them weeks and in that time I had no microwave. So, if you don't want a microwave at all, buy a Sharp brand microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RIP 5 Aug 2012 - 20 Jun 2017

I bought it in Aug 2012. It was okay for daily basic use. A bit noise and fan continued to run for 20 seconds after finishing heating. Somehow it was short circuit when it was heating milk on 20 Jun 2017. The short circuit disconnected electricity of entire house. It had a short life for 4 years and 10 month. I only used for heating up food/milk and average 5 mins usage everyday. I expected it to last 10 years for spending $200 on this oven, but the life is too short. Previous $50 oven from Kmart was last for 10 years. My company had 2 stainless Sharp 1200w microwave ovens and both were only last for 2 years. Never buy Sharp again.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Howard

5 out of 5 for Sharp's customer service! The microwave oven was repaired by authorised repair centre and is fully functioning!

Mara

MaraTHORNLEIGH

Don't walk away from this MW. Better run!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Terrible, as it lacks power to boil and lots of time to cool down

Purchased microwave in May 2017 as sales person indicated best selling item. How wrong was he or for me to believe such tesiminials. It can not boil water or hear up food. The outcome is as thought being placed in a warm oven. For a rating of 1200 watts it lacks the punch. Do not recommend this productbat all, do not be fooled by sales pitch. I will need now proceed to argue with the salesperson and replace this crap of a product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Judith LSydney, NSW

Not the sharp of the past.

Not happy-easy to use-looks good- however power supply fails every time. Purchased July 2016.Have had to return (3)new replacements to retailer as power failed everytime.!5th May 2017 Decided I've had enough & changed & paid for different manufacturer.Sharp not the quality of the past-Will not recommend sharp to anyone.Must give congratulations to Harvey Norman for great customer service.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Judith L

Investigate the issue with the item as many are defective-not me.I have resolved my issues by buying elsewhere.

SCJtaren point

Stay away from Sharp!!!Worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life!!!

Bought this microwave Feb 2017. Within 1 month it started to make annoying buzzing sound. Sent back to Good Guys where I bought it. They sent away for fixing. Got it back after 8 or 9 days. Problem unsolved. Then I called Sharp. Asked me to send for fixing again, which I did. Got it back after 16 days. Problem is still there. Emailed to Sharp. not even responding. Have complained to Fair Trading. See how it will go. For goodness sake, this is a brand new machine!!!Please learn from my lesson. There are plenty of microwaves in the shop. You don't need this misery.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SCJ

Before this I have sent emails to that email address TWICE. Your customer service is not even responding!

BubblinkyFraser Coast

Dissapointment

As a replacement of my 14 yr old Sharp microwave, the R350YW has disappointed for the second time. The first returned within 2 weeks as it was sparking, the second just stopped dead. Purchased 22/04/2015 & would have expected it to last longer. As it is out of warranty I assume their is no choice but to pay another $200 and try again.
Obviously by other reviews, Sharp is perhaps no longer renowned for its longevity. Such a shame as it used to be my go to choice.

Date PurchasedApr 2015