Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 4 of 7)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Up in smoke!

Having owned this microwave just on 2 years, today it decided to go up in smoke with a putrid burning smell. Upon inspecting the inside of the microwave I find that the inside of the door has melted away where it makes contact with the door frame which it closes against, and has also burnt the same said door frame.

Not good enough Sharp and considering all these other reviews that I have read with a similar problem no doubt there is some sort of design issue that Sharp is not addressing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
John

Many thanks for your quick reply, I shall keep you informed as to the final outcome.
Regards,

Fire in the House

Sharp R350YW purchased 2/3/13 for my aged mother who lives alone.
I used it for her yesterday and about 10 seconds after start there was a burning smell, on inspection there was fire coming out the internal grille on the right side. This stopped when the unit was turned off.
I hate to think what would have happened if she had been the user and left the room while it was running.
Dangerous and four years is a short life for a mw compared with others I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Fridge hunterHunter Valley NSW

Just out of warranty and broken

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Email Sent

Burning issue

Yes I have had the same problem today with my sharp R350YW. The microwave was on and smelt a putrid burning smell. When I opened the door there was a severe burn on the centre of the door and front of the oven floor. Terrible fumes and smell still in the house. I'm scared to use it again. Not happy. Beware!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dangerous

I had purchased this microwave nearly two years ago. Was heating up food and could smell a burning smell couldn't figure out what it was until i had opened the microwave door. One spot inside the door was burnt and the seal had melted. This is now unsafe to use. This microwave was not cheap. Won't be purchasing a Sharp microwave again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Jo99Melbourne

So very disappointed this time round

We had our first SHARP microwave for over 15 years, so when we needed a new one SHARP was the obvious choice This one for 15 Months. It lost power half way through cooking dinner tonight and that's it. So disappointed and of course just outside of warranty. Hard to justify buying another sharp after this experience and that of most other reviewers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Jazz82
Jazz82Central Queensland, QLD

Unhappy customer

After 2 years the display stopped working and it cost more to replace the display than it does to replace microwave...we are hoping we will get better life out of a different brand when we purchase new microwave now. We threw this microwave out. Can't believe it....$260 for 2yr life. Terrible.. not happy and would not recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Shiv
Shiv

Haven't had a worse one!

It was great when I got it but recently it burnt me as I reached in to get the food (the inside of the door had an extremely hot part). Not only that it was only weeks later (happened days ago) that there was sparks and smoke from that same part. It is 3 months out of warranty! Too dangerous so I had to buy a new one... So dissapointed... Not an expense I counted in but rather that than something potentially worse!!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Door melted on new machine and again on replacement

We purchased the original microwave and within the month the door and frame sparked and melted. We received a replacement but had to go for about a month without one and that was annoying when we had baby bottles to sterilise, etc. When we got the replacement the light stopped working within the month but we couldn't go without a microwave again so we put up with that. Then today the door melted on thus one too. Going to take it back to the shop but very cautious about getting this one again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Stressed

If all you want to do is to heat up your food and if you are 70 and 80 years old do not go near this one.
All I wanted was to heat up my milk and food and I need a university degree.
So upset with this purchase. I chose this one with numbers. To make it easy for my 80 year old husband it so has a stupid cooling cycle, why?

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Don't buy Sharp internally painted microwave

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Dangerous Microwave

Kim
Kim

Happy to send you my contacts details to Sharp Australia to follow up with me. Can you let me know a email address to send my contact details to and a Reference number to quote

Peter CPerth

Burning smell, burnt door

I admit we got our Sharp microwave s/h but it wasn't very old. Today it started to smell while in use, giving off that acrid 'electrical burning' smell. I immediately disconnected it and opened the door to find a 25mm-long burn mark on the bottom lip of the door, with corresponding burn mark on the case. For a fairly new m/w oven I'm not impressed; I threw it in the dumpster.

Peter C

I have already tossed the m/w. Too late. Just make better products.

Squeaking noise

I bought the microwave 3 years ago, but after about one year, a squeaking noise came out after every use. I was a bit worried at the beginning, but then just ignored it. Yet it does not it reduces my worry. It is only that I can't afford to dump it and get a new one when thinking about the short life of an appliance. I write this review at this time because my daughter is going to buy one for her new house, so I searched online for reviews.

emmacran
emmacranAU

Dangerous! Don't buy!

My husband was melting butter and the microwave door started melting and burning as the metal next to the door was sparking. Lucky that he was able to switch it off quickly before it caused any more damage. We bought this microwave as our previous Sharo Carousel lasted many years. This one lasted 18 months. Won't be buying another Sharp.