Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 6 of 7)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

tuckWA, 6061

Potential fire hazard and overheating with this model - and only 14 months old.

tuck

Details submitted to ccare as per your request 29/01/2016 7pm WST.

Sharp A.Sharp

Got very hot and stopped working.

kev

kev

This is the Worst microwave I have ever seen

I spent so much money buying from Good Guys and all of sudden it's dead. Can't heat anything. My old microwave was only $80 and never had any problem working for more than 10 years. I'll never ever buy anything from Sharp again. Even disappointed with sales person who recommended as he was more interested to sell the expensive one and didn't have any clue about the product.

Find out how Sharp R350YW (White) compares to other Microwaves

4 month old Sharp microwave caught fire.

I have had a Sharp R350YW microwave for four months and it caught fire in join between the door and the body. Luckily I was right next to it so I was able to turn it off before the kitchen went up as well. Absolutely terrible! Do not buy this microwave.

Jono
Jono

Thankfully the good guys have now given me a refund :)

Lunar04Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

burn marks

Ive had this microwave for 3 months and it has electrical burn marks inside door of the metal body of the microwave on 2 spots. I haven't used it since. The smell was electrical. Do I return it to the store or do I deal directly through Sharp customer service?

Lunar04

Excellent Service from Sharp. In 3 days of returning the microwave. The store replaced it with a new one. No hassles. Thanks guys...

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Bought today

Cannot get microwave to heat at all, Demo is off, can't figure it out. I think it will be returned on Boxing Day, seems to be rubbish. Have always had Sharp Microwaves with no problems but this one is a mystery. Seeing as I rely on meals that need to be heated in a Microwave I will be going hungry until such time as I get another machine that actually works.

Sparky
Sparky
Zed

ZedDarwin, NT

Sorry Sharp but the microwave is a dud

I bought this microwave just recently and had read the reviews online but decided to go with it, changed from panasonic to a sharp, well the Sharp is back in the shop and replaced with a Panasonic. Microwave failed, no heating whatsoever. So unfortunately for Sharp this product has serious issues. I'm told they have made improvements after all of the complaints however as I said I have returned mine and opted to go back to Panasonic. Thanks very much to Denise G at the Good Guys, excellent customer service went out of her way to ensure I had a new microwave on the same day. Customer service isnt dead, unlike the microwave.

DavidBrompton, 5007

Dead in less than 2 years

Just stopped working after less than two years, what is it with this model? last microwave (a Sharp) lasted over 20 years, this model is rubbish, just read the reviews. When ours stopped working it tripped the circuit breaker, no other damage. serial no. 130874616 Purchased from The Good Guys.

SAMAshfield

Bought it less than 2 months back brand new! Today found the power is not coming

Very Disappointed with this Product

I brought this microwave on the 01/02/2014 and this week 22/10/2014 it stopped working, well that's not true, It looks like it is working, the lights go on, it turn around and the timer works very well, but it just doesn't cook anything, try cooking some rice, which i have had not problems with in the past and after the required time, i took the rice out to find it, stone cold and not cooked. Less then 2 years, not good, no wonder the warranty is for only 12 months, that because they know it wont last much longer. Very disappointed.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan
Hunter

Hunter

NO MORE SHARP MICROWAVE FOR SAFETY SAKE

I purchased Sharp microwave R350YW. I always thought Sharp is number one for microwave until this one completely changed my mind. I purchased it on 2 sep 2015 and used it for 10 days before it blew up like a bomb. Fortunately nobody got hurt. I took it back to The Good Guys Bankstown where I purchased it from and advised that it could only get repaired. I don't trusted this model and wanted to change to another model and unfortunately they could only get it repaired. Very disappointed by Sharp service. I won't trust Sharp any more for the sake of safety.

CaraB

CaraB

Burnt out door frame

Very disappointed with my Sharp microwave. It lasted two years but door frame burnt earlier than that with all the same problems listed by other reviewers. Have had other Sharp microwaves which worked well for many years but now I will try another brand. It did not cook well and burnt rice.

Robbert

RobbertCranbourne

Disappointed

Ours is 2 years old. It did has twice burnt and sparked, damaging the door's seal, melting some of the door's plastic and burnt the coating of the frame back to bare metal. Why does this happen? Why is there no recall notice? I have been happy with previous Sharp microwave ovens. I am very disappointed with this defect / danger.

Don

Donsydney

This rubbish is killing my marriage

Bought a R350YW 2 years ago from Chatswood Chase,the oven arced out only after 1 week. We found burn marks on both the sealing surface of the door and the main body , the paint has burnt off and melted a part of the door. But the oven still works so we did not get it repaired. Only from last week did I suddenly begin to worry about the microwave leakage but my wife refused to get it repaired because she did not want to be charged with money. In the manual you can find "don't operate the oven when burn marks on the door seal faces". So I want to throw it to the bin but my wife insists using it. We have been quarreling on it...

Fire hazard

I bought this microwave about 18 months ago with my parents as a housewarming present, so it's currently 6 months out of warrantee (typical). Anyway the side part of the interior caught on fire. If my housemate hadn't caught it straight away it could have burnt our unit down. I'm incredibly angry and frustrated.