MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Leigh
LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Super..but died to soon

Great product and value. Until a few months ago started buzzing and eventually sparks from inside and died. Last Sharp microwave gave me 23 years. This only max 4. Disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $249.00.

Naomi HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant, but died after 2 years and 1 week.

This was a brilliant and reliable microwave, however this morning it has started to make a unusual sound, and not heating. We haven't moved the unit, or used incorrectly so quite disappointed.
Aesthetically pleasing, and easy to clean and maintain - the unit still looks brand new. Average use of 2 minutes per day.
We have always had Sharp Microwaves, with each unit lasting for at least 7 years. Given the warranty is for 12 months, and we only paid $219 two years ago, I do not believe it will be cost effective to repair, but have sent an enquiry to Sharp - before it goes to landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for $219.00.

ThePeoplesChamp
ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Excellent microwave!

Very well designed. Nice white display panel and led interior light. Heats food up perfectly.

I'm a resident Product Review user so rest assured I'll update this review if anything changes

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Slick78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was great while it lasted

I bought a Sharp Microwave for their great features and relatively simple to use functions. But above all I bought it as I had one previously for around 15 years and it was still working fine when I decided to upgrade. Unfortunately it would appear this model is not so reliable, only lasting 2 years and 4 months. It suddenly just stopped heating, everything else works, just no heat at all.

I have lodged a complaint with Sharp so I'll see how they handle this and will provide further feedback on this review.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $197.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Slick, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged. Have a good day

John13
John13Hunter Region, NSW

Worked well but didn't last long

The first one we bought lasted 8 years so we thought we would get the same. But this one last 4 years. No longer heats up food but everything else works. This really is a throw away society they aren't built to last more than a few years which is sad.

Purchased in December 2015 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

inconsistent
inconsistentWINSTON HILLS

This model seems to have a Major issue

This is my second Sharp microwave purchased on 28 February 2018.
Yesterday 24 January 2019, 11 months after purchase, set for 10 seconds, making a clicking noise, did not heat, then it tripped the powerboard/circuit breaker and died....nothing.
After several phone calls I contacted an authorised repair centre to organise a repair. If it is a manufacturing product problem supposedly covered under warranty, if non manufacturing problem I have to pay the authorised repair centre a $77 inspection fee + whatever to repair.

Most definitely will not purchase Sharp microwaves again.
Seems like this particular model has a major issue Sharp

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Chewie
ChewieMelbourne

Not that good

Need quite a bit of time to make food hot even i set that as high, the cool down function is useless and it is not easy to use as there are a lot of functions, the noise annoys me a bit while i am using it.
It does the job overall but it makes me a little bit disappointed as it’s a big brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Pompey1
Pompey1Carlton

Powerful model works well

Got a reconditioned one off eBay and it's going great guns. Its quite powerful (950 watts) and the thing I really like about it is that is cooks and defrosts very evenly. Its an inverter style microwave so I guess this is the difference. It's very simple and obvious to operate and looks sharp too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a great day!

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Annie
AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Jodie
JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Trinity
TrinityBrisbane

Works fine!

It was a bit hard to grasp how exactly to use it because there were many functions, however, once we got the hold of it it became a household necessity. It serves its function well and heats up food wonderfully. It has been working for a long time and shows no problem at all so far.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Trinity, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Warren
WarrenPerth, WA

Initially very disappointed

We have had Sharp microwaves before and were pleased with them. We have been happy with this one until it died 6 weeks out of warranty . We were very disappointed and looked possible replacements. I decided to speak to Sharp consumer care and they have been most helpful and are assessing my microwave to fix it for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Warren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Bilby
Bilbymelbourne

My one is fine!

I see a lot of reviews here saying they have had trouble with this model but we have had a perfect run. No problems at all - OK the number pad is a little scuffed but no big deal. Maybe I got a "good" one? I actually like the way this runs and use it nearly every day - mostly just to reheat food so for short time periods. Sharp is a good brand and this works just I would expect it too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Bilby, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

P and S
P and SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works fine

Bought this a few months ago. I just use it to reheat things etc. Does the job well. The only thing I don't like is that the panel is covered in some sort of clear seal and on the clear button it has bunched up a bit. It doesn't affect the use of the microwave, but takes the shine off looking like a new appliance.

Date PurchasedSept 2017