Sharp R350YW (White)

Sharp R350YW (White) (page 4 of 4)

MPNs: 35904364 and R350YW
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Can't live without a microwave, can certainly live wihout this piece of junk!

It just stopped working, used once a day for a little over a year as all meals other than breakfast are provided where we live. No burning evidence inside it just stopped, extremely dissapointed with this product thankfully the place did'nt burn down! you get what you pay for I guess, Sharpe used to be a great product, what went wrong I wonder?
I've been told taking it in for repair could take weeks with no good result for me as it's out of warranty, and would cost more than another cheapy!

KJ Brown
KJ BrownAdelaide

Disappointed with product

purchased 30/06/2014 at the Good Guys and stopped working (heating) 12/11/2014 .We have had such a good run with Sharp products before, decided not to take out Extended warranty. The last oven lasted from 2002 until the purchase of this one , so yes we are very disappointed and may have to try another brand.

Serial No. 120421494 - Not Happy

I agree with other posts, this is not satisfactory. Original family Sharp we purchased in Dubai eons ago, was multifunction & worked for more than 10 years without a problem, made in JAPAN! This Thai product is rubbish, just over 2 years old, used by just two people and no longer working. Tried to get online support but found the site wanted $51 for a response, which, would probably have been "no serviceable parts" etc. etc.
We gave away our Panasonic to a relative, bad move, it is still working after 6 years.

Gary HartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its Dead!

I do realize that unit has a 12 month warranty but only 2 of us in house and use very infrequently, unit replaced a previous one we had for well over 10 years when kids were on board so worked overtime, this one lasted 18 months and completely dead! Bought as would for in space in kitchen cabinet!
Maybe get a new kitchen after reading some of other reviews! Disappointing!

Gary Hart

Thanks, still have not heard from any of the feedback team.
Cheers
Gary

Stephanie
StephanieQueensland

Disappointed

Last night while using our microwave if just suddenly stopped it is now completely dead no lights, no fan spinning, nothing coming up on the screen have had this microwave for only 3 years we have always had Sharp microwaves and have never had any problems prior, this microwave wasn't cheap either when we bought it so disappointed:(

honest_reviewMelbourne

Not Satisfied. Product is defective.

Hi, we bought this microwave on the 21/9/14 after we were satisfied with our previous sharp microwave model R330Js.We have unfortunately made many trips to the service centre. 1st visit-black mark on the door indicating casing is burnt...I only about warm food and not cook in it so I dont know how...and this morning it would not even warm a glass of milk so yet another trip which is frustrating considering we paid so much for it...carrying the heavy thing into the car and driving all the way is not something we are happy about. Made a complaint and waiting to see what happens. Leaving a review here hoping no one has to go through what we are going through. Hope this helps.

CMSWHITEBrisbane

Didn't last two years

Bought one of these Dec 2013. Died a couple of months later. Shop replaced and new one died today. Less than two year old. It worked great when it worked. But Sharp is obviously not as good a brand as I imagined. Microwave simply dead. I had a surge protector on it.

CMSWHITE

The saga is over! Sharp examined the microwave and arranged for Harvey Norman to replace it - yet again. Thank you Sharp for backing your product with service, even after the warranty has expired.

Sharp A.Sharp

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Paul
PaulAdelaide

Seems a good choice (owned for 6 Months)

Janette MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Lasted less than 2 years

I purchased this oven in April 2013 by 1 Feb 2015 it no longer works. It blew out the safety switch and now its dead. I had my previous Sharp microwave for 8 years, I dont expect things to last forever, but I do expect at least 5 years. I emailed Sharp, but have had no response. I was happy with the oven up till then, although it constantly had finger prints on the control panel and the door slams too hard which is very grating.

Janette M

Sharp contacted me and have suggested that it sounds like a repairable fault and they will cover the costs even though it's out of warranty. Thank you Sharp, this is unexpected and very generous. Best customer service I have seen in s long time.

Krish
KrishCaroline Springs

Made to last well till the warranty expires. Dangerous product

fingers crossed
fingers crossedSoutheast, SA

So far so good

Our old Sharp Carousel bought in 1993 went for 20 years without a hitch! We replaced it as the internal card was burning slightly. (The flat bed panasonic we replaced it with went back as the heating cooking times were riduculously slow) We have gone back to Sharp, it works fine but seems to have a noisy magnetron, behind the internal card in the oven. Everything else is good, but we also bought an extra 2 years warranty. You know the saying, "They don't make em like they used to!" Buy the extra warranty every time, if it goes for 3 years you might get ten out of it.

John ADarwin, NT

Disappointed

6 months old and failed. Take it back to the Good Guys who won't replace it. It has to be sent to Sharp service agent to inspect. No micowave now for how many weeks?

John A

Repaired after 2 weeks and is currently operating satisfactorily.

David S
David SSydney, NSW

Unstable base

Just replaced old carousel with new one. They have replaced the rubber footings with plastic. Slides when press buttons and open the door. Had to use double sided tape and grip mat to stop this happening. You have 2 plastic 'shoes' at the front and extended metal at the back - How was this going to grip!

BargainBenno
BargainBennoAU

Good model but just did not last

We purchased this in Mid 2013 and it seemed really good. It defrosted well and all that. Well we moved house last week and it seems it did not like the move. When we turn it on it just hums and there is a nooise of a clicking sound and thats about it. It gets very hot and well enough said. Functionally good but build quality not so good.

Kath G
Kath GSydney, NSW

I had this model for a few months and love it . Its very fast and efficient . This is my second sharp microwave and I have had no problems at all . I use mine about a dozen or more times a day every day and I change mine every 2-3 years for efficiency as they don't last for ever at all . I would happily buy my 3rd sharp and I have had many brands of microwaves in the last 30 years .
more every day potions like the melt soften option I love
not yet