Sharp R350YW / R350YS

Sharp R350YW / R350YS (page 2 of 16)

R350YS (Silver) and R350YW (White)

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Hi Annie, Thank you for your time and patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Could you please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review? Our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Made a wrong choice

Terrible experience.
Much worse experience when it ....it took weeks to repair by sharp repairer. Brought back home and after week it stopped working again.
Not good way to treat customers who spend their faith and money in your brand.
Please improve standard of your under warranty repairs process.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Amarpreet, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the service. Would you still like us to contact you to investigate the issue? If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this feedback, our customer care team will be able to assist you.

Sharp not delivering good products

Was heating milk for my little one, and heard a loud noise and then a very bright light and the saw the microwave blew up. Just used for almost 2 years. Previously had a local Kmart brand used for 7 years for 39$ was still in working condition. Bought SHARP thinking a better brand to trust and was unhappy. Tried filling the feedback form on Sharp website pressed the submit button 10 times the screen doesn't move, so you cant even speak to the team as no option on the phone to talk if you are not a dealer or something, i would say very unprofessional.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Neeraj, Thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review. A member of our team will assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.thanks for coming back--i have sent an email to your team

Not even 3 y.o and stopped heating

Could someone tell me whether there is a way to fix the problem of a microwave not heating at all? It has gradually been taking a little longer to heat up lately but then today suddenly, not heating at all. It had otherwise been a great microwave and very well liked after. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi Shayly, thank you for your patience. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp, and we would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please contact our Customer Care on ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review, so that a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Works fine!

It was a bit hard to grasp how exactly to use it because there were many functions, however, once we got the hold of it it became a household necessity. It serves its function well and heats up food wonderfully. It has been working for a long time and shows no problem at all so far.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Trinity, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Initially very disappointed

We have had Sharp microwaves before and were pleased with them. We have been happy with this one until it died 6 weeks out of warranty . We were very disappointed and looked possible replacements. I decided to speak to Sharp consumer care and they have been most helpful and are assessing my microwave to fix it for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Warren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

My one is fine!

I see a lot of reviews here saying they have had trouble with this model but we have had a perfect run. No problems at all - OK the number pad is a little scuffed but no big deal. Maybe I got a "good" one? I actually like the way this runs and use it nearly every day - mostly just to reheat food so for short time periods. Sharp is a good brand and this works just I would expect it too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Bilby, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

Works fine

Bought this a few months ago. I just use it to reheat things etc. Does the job well. The only thing I don't like is that the panel is covered in some sort of clear seal and on the clear button it has bunched up a bit. It doesn't affect the use of the microwave, but takes the shine off looking like a new appliance.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. Are you able to check if the clear protective film is still on the control panel? This can easily be removed if you carefully peel it off. If you have further issues, please feel free to contact us. Have a good day.

Powerful microwave - cooks really quickly

This microwave is powerful!!! It cooks much faster than my old one (from the 90s) and I have had to re-learn approximate cooking times. It looks great on the bench - very stylish and I like the simple, clear menus too. You can fit a normal sized plate inside so that's a bonus. I just dont know what other people are talking about - this is a really good model and it come with a long guarantee. I am very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dear customer, thank you for providing feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave.

Microwave

I love the microwave i have it works really well. Easy to use. Its good when you want to operate its good when you want to defrost food and very easy to clean. I only one brand. I like the brand kambook but want buy any other brands because i wont by any other brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Poor Product Quality

Our microwave is 7 months old and just stopped heating. Very poor for the 2st century. So no one believes a consumer so it has to go to their repair centre. It should just have been replaced. Other manufacturers do this with products under 12 months old that fail. A contrast to our previous Sharp that gave 11 years service and was then that the display failed.
Yes the new one is a well designed and functional item, pity it failed so prematurely.
So now no microwave until ???????

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Edition

Happy with this purchase. It has loads of features easy to use great pre programmed menus. The sensor cook is something I never had in my old microwave and it’s unreal. Extremely powerful. I purchased this on sale So was a great price. Only dampener is its pretty blan to look at.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Ferrett, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.

Good product

I bought this microwave a while ago and I'm loving it.. it works fine and not very loud.. cooks and heats foods quickly and easily and they taste great. As far as its looks go it is also very good looking . Easy to open and shut the door and not loud while doing so. So i can recommend this easily.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi jloboy, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

It’s perfect

It’s very easy to use and the start button is automatically set 1 min time so you don’t have press 1:00 it’s a best option and the pasta popcorn rice all have seperate features in the microwave and easy to clean and large/ good amount of space inside so it’s good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Ankita, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Dont Buy

This is worst product i have ever purchase from Harvey Norman, I am not going to buy anything from SHARP , this microwave stopped working in its 13 months , out of warranty.Whats more should i say ,
its just fooling you , dont buy anything from SHARP, just worst product.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Rahil, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to investigate the issue for you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au so they can assist you accordingly.

The best

I have used so many microwaves, but I consider this as one of the best. I bought mine from Good guys. Fits in any space and can easily clean. The microwave is powerful . HIghly recommend for small families,individuals and couples. Great buy Great saving, would highly recommend .Never think twice

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Tanya, That is great news! We thank you for your time. Have a lovely day ahead. Cheers, Sharp Australia

Powerful microwave

The 1200W is very powerful, if something says 4 minutes it will be done in 3. The microwave isn't too loud and has a cooling down mechanism aswell. results are amazing and very happy with the overall heating. The only bad thing is that if you have a small kitchen it is quite big and bulky.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dear Customer, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the feedback on to our product team for their review. Have a good day.

This is perfect

Very happy with this product as it's an affordable product that meet the needs of the food, such as if you need certain minutes on the food to cook it. You can put it in the microwave and the food will be cooked on these minutes.Therefore, I think it's very beneficial for the customers to buy it.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Hi Anite, thank you for the positive feedback.It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a lovely day.