Sharp R350YW / R350YS

Sharp R350YW / R350YS (page 2 of 16)

R350YW (White), R350YS (Silver)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of microwave would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.5

Amelia

AmeliaSydney

SHARP R350YS Stops Working After 2.5 Years

The Sharp R350YS Stops working after just 2.5 years since we purchased in Feb 2016. It is quite short lived comparing to the average of 9 years life expectancy for Microwave in general.
Would like to check with manufacturer to see if there is product warranty available for repair or replacement.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Pompey1

Pompey1Carlton

Powerful model works well

Got a reconditioned one off eBay and it's going great guns. Its quite powerful (950 watts) and the thing I really like about it is that is cooks and defrosts very evenly. Its an inverter style microwave so I guess this is the difference. It's very simple and obvious to operate and looks sharp too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a great day!

Not a good choice

Doesn’t seem to get hot even on high can only add time not opt for less time defrost is terrible old model very good this one terrible wouldn’t recommend it and won’t buy sharp again only had it 5 weeks already thinking of replacing it waste of money Very disappointed

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roz, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

Annie

AnnieLOW HEAD

Short life for my second Sharp Carousel microwave oven!

My first Sharp microwave was easy to use and gave long service, so we replaced it with this model. Now, August 2018, it's stopped heating. Were told replacement part costs more than new oven! A much older model from our shack still works well, but can I trust another Sharp?

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Jodie

JodieSydney, NSW

Not as good as previous

My last Sharp Carousel died , it was about 11 years old.
It was great so I thought I would stick with Sharp.
It does it's job but I am not very thrilled with it. It is very clunky.
When used for more than 8 minutes, the inside it dripping with condensation and get extremely hot. It is in a correctly ventilated area.
Retailer said that was normal, well I have never experienced it in 50 years, and to basically suck it up.
Hard to get used to the 'cool down' feature, which doesn't really cool anything down.
It's VERY noisy.

I would not get the same one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jodie, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Amarpreet

AmarpreetSydney

Made a wrong choice

Terrible experience.
Much worse experience when it ....it took weeks to repair by sharp repairer. Brought back home and after week it stopped working again.
Not good way to treat customers who spend their faith and money in your brand.
Please improve standard of your under warranty repairs process.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

NeerajSydney

Sharp not delivering good products

Was heating milk for my little one, and heard a loud noise and then a very bright light and the saw the microwave blew up. Just used for almost 2 years. Previously had a local Kmart brand used for 7 years for 39$ was still in working condition. Bought SHARP thinking a better brand to trust and was unhappy. Tried filling the feedback form on Sharp website pressed the submit button 10 times the screen doesn't move, so you cant even speak to the team as no option on the phone to talk if you are not a dealer or something, i would say very unprofessional.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Neeraj

thanks for coming back--i have sent an email to your team

Shayly

ShaylyMelbourne

Not even 3 y.o and stopped heating

Could someone tell me whether there is a way to fix the problem of a microwave not heating at all? It has gradually been taking a little longer to heat up lately but then today suddenly, not heating at all. It had otherwise been a great microwave and very well liked after. Thank you

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Trinity

TrinityBrisbane

Works fine!

It was a bit hard to grasp how exactly to use it because there were many functions, however, once we got the hold of it it became a household necessity. It serves its function well and heats up food wonderfully. It has been working for a long time and shows no problem at all so far.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Trinity, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Warren

Warren

Initially very disappointed

We have had Sharp microwaves before and were pleased with them. We have been happy with this one until it died 6 weeks out of warranty . We were very disappointed and looked possible replacements. I decided to speak to Sharp consumer care and they have been most helpful and are assessing my microwave to fix it for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Warren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Bilby

Bilbymelbourne

My one is fine!

I see a lot of reviews here saying they have had trouble with this model but we have had a perfect run. No problems at all - OK the number pad is a little scuffed but no big deal. Maybe I got a "good" one? I actually like the way this runs and use it nearly every day - mostly just to reheat food so for short time periods. Sharp is a good brand and this works just I would expect it too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Bilby, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

mockjock

mockjockPERTH

Have always had Sharp Carousel in family - but now will never buy Sharp again

Let me be clear, when this microwave is working, it is a fantastic microwave. But I have now been through 3 of them - over the course of the last 4 years. They seem to choose every year to blow up and I am fed up with Sharp. The last time I had it repaired - blew an inverter, cost the same - actually $5 more than a new one. Will have to try another make now. Bye Sharp - I can't afford to buy a new Micro every year, I have had enough now!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, we are sorry to hear about the situation. Thank you for your time in providing feedback.

P and S

P and SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works fine

Bought this a few months ago. I just use it to reheat things etc. Does the job well. The only thing I don't like is that the panel is covered in some sort of clear seal and on the clear button it has bunched up a bit. It doesn't affect the use of the microwave, but takes the shine off looking like a new appliance.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Moxie1

Moxie1Preston

Powerful microwave - cooks really quickly

This microwave is powerful!!! It cooks much faster than my old one (from the 90s) and I have had to re-learn approximate cooking times. It looks great on the bench - very stylish and I like the simple, clear menus too. You can fit a normal sized plate inside so that's a bonus. I just dont know what other people are talking about - this is a really good model and it come with a long guarantee. I am very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for providing feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave.

Clo clo

Clo cloAdelaide

Microwave

I love the microwave i have it works really well. Easy to use. Its good when you want to operate its good when you want to defrost food and very easy to clean. I only one brand. I like the brand kambook but want buy any other brands because i wont by any other brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Poor Product Quality

Our microwave is 7 months old and just stopped heating. Very poor for the 2st century. So no one believes a consumer so it has to go to their repair centre. It should just have been replaced. Other manufacturers do this with products under 12 months old that fail. A contrast to our previous Sharp that gave 11 years service and was then that the display failed.
Yes the new one is a well designed and functional item, pity it failed so prematurely.
So now no microwave until ???????

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ferrett

FerrettCentral West, NSW

Great Edition

Happy with this purchase. It has loads of features easy to use great pre programmed menus. The sensor cook is something I never had in my old microwave and it’s unreal. Extremely powerful. I purchased this on sale So was a great price. Only dampener is its pretty blan to look at.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ferrett, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.

jloboy

jloboygriffith

Good product

I bought this microwave a while ago and I'm loving it.. it works fine and not very loud.. cooks and heats foods quickly and easily and they taste great. As far as its looks go it is also very good looking . Easy to open and shut the door and not loud while doing so. So i can recommend this easily.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi jloboy, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Ankita

Ankita

It’s perfect

It’s very easy to use and the start button is automatically set 1 min time so you don’t have press 1:00 it’s a best option and the pasta popcorn rice all have seperate features in the microwave and easy to clean and large/ good amount of space inside so it’s good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ankita, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day.

Dont Buy

This is worst product i have ever purchase from Harvey Norman, I am not going to buy anything from SHARP , this microwave stopped working in its 13 months , out of warranty.Whats more should i say ,
its just fooling you , dont buy anything from SHARP, just worst product.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Rahil, Thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to investigate the issue for you. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au so they can assist you accordingly.