Sharp R350YW / R350YS

Sharp R350YW / R350YS (page 4 of 16)

R350YW (White), R350YS (Silver)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now

2.5

Sudi

SudiSydney

Fast heating noisy fan

Heat up food pretty quickly, most drinks get hot enough in just one minute. I found it convenient as the mesh let you see through how things cooking quite clearly. Not exactly quiet during operation, mainly because of the fan which continue to run for half a minute after your food is ready.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Dil

DilSydney

Nice product

It’s a great relief to have this in the kitchen, in 1 minute the food gets heat. No other problems, it is a great product, andworth for every penny spent. This oven has express defrost and it also have 2 sequence cooking which lets to cook with multiple powers simultaneously.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Faulty after 18 months

Microwave worked really well until recently. It makes all the microwave noises and turned the plate but it only heated the food 3 out of 4 times. I could live with that, but today I noticed a burning smell and now the front part of the microwave has burnt through the paint coat and so can't use it anymore without setting my food or apartment on fire, wisely I have chosen to not risk it. My last microwave lasted 8 years so this is rather underwhelming.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Linzi

Linzi

Perfect

Microwave is super quiet and very easy to use. I love that the defrost option is simple on the front as many microwaves as annoying to work out the defrost function. Works as well as any other microwave and it’s simple, heats quickly and worth the money to be honest

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Jon

Jon

Great microwave, good price for features

Bought this after our 12 year old microwave died. At $229, I wish we’d upgraded sooner! Heaps quieter than older models. Cooks evenly. Looks great, nice and understated compared to some of the others in the shop eg LG. Only gripe is some features are a bit odd eg the four meal pre-selects are not dishes we’d choose and a waste of a button. Happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Eric

EricMelbourne

Get what you pay for

Before this microwave, I hadn’t owned a microwave for over two years and had gotten used to not using a microwave. But this microwave is miles better than my previous one. There are many different settings like defrost and pizza mode, as far as I know it does everything a microwave should do. The microwave is quieter than my old one but still quite loud but normal for a microwave I guess. The hinge is a bing weak, feels sometimes like it will break if too much force put on.

Franz

Franz

Sharp R350YW / R350YS

The Sharp R350YW / R350YS is a pretty average microwave; to begin with it is too small and I cant fit a lot of my plates and bowls in the microwave; is also pretty short; as in I cant put tall bowls or packets of microwaveable goods in since they will touch the roof.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

The Only Microwave you will ever buy

Being 1200w this microwave is very powerful. My mother had an older model (very similar) for well around 15 years. In say that the design has not changed much in that time, but if it aint broke dont fix it... While there are alot of cheaper microwaves on the market i have found that the cheaper one do not compare and that for a little bit more its is worthwhile investing this microwave.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Nathan

NathanSydney

Does the job

I haven't noticed any uneven cooking as other posters have put, but I generally over-microwave my food to ensure it is all hot and then I mix it anyway. I find this microwave very easy to use, and it is quite a quiet running microwave. So far I haven't seen any technical or physical faults in it, if you aren't looking for a top of the line microwave but something that does the job, this is the one for you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Grant Stock

Grant StockBrisbane

Starting to have issues after 12 months...

The microwave has worked well for around the last 12 months, but has recently started having issues. When heating for prolonged periods it appears to start overheating, and then it appears to keep making all the right noises, but stops heating the food. Was great when it was working, but now starting to question longevity.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mrs

MrsSydney

above average

I expected a very good product but it heats unevenly. Sometimes too hot sometimes very little. A bit noisy too but it has large space and easy to clean. Its better than my previous one but not as per my expectations.So far it is working alright. Would recommend for reheating not for cooking.

Alfrescolo

Alfrescoloperth

Its OK.

The defrosting setting doesn't work like other microwaves I have used - can take longer and makes the food unevenly heated. 30 and 60 secs heating up makes it a little too hot instead of just warm or toasty. The beeping lasts a long time so you have to make sure you are there to stop it and note that it can't be changed. It has not worn down in 13 months since I have has it though.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Khanggy

KhanggyAdelaide

Great microwave

This microwave does justice to its brand. Having had it now for a quite awhile, I can see it going the long yards and doing what it does best until we move houses. The microwave is really easy to use and for its price, you cant really complain. The noise is there, however what microwave doesn't have any noise?? Would recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Alicia

Aliciamelbourne

Average...

This microwave does its job as in heating up cold meals and defrosting frozen meat. Also it has big space inside and easy to clean. At the beginning it was pretty quiet but recently I have found that the noisy has become louder. Other than that this is a pretty good microwave.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Eve L

Eve LPerth, WA

very strong microwave

This microwave heats stuff up really fast and is at a 1200W so you have to reduce the cooking time given in instructions (usually for 1000W microwaves). Easy to use and very sturdy and I'm satisfied with it. It has a cooling period for a few seconds after every use though and I'm never sure what that is for and if it will damage my microwave if I switch it off halfway.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Jana

Jana

Really crap

When I first bought it i thought it will turn out alright. The reviews seemed alright as well. Luckily i bought an extended warranty because it literally lasted less than two years and eachbofbthe times I bought it I managed to stuff up before the warranty even expired. Overall wouldn't recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Pawan

Pawan14/75 Pacific Parade Dee Why NSW

Good for price

It has everything I need. It is easy to operate and has a function of cooling down. The space is quite large so you can heat several items at the same time. But sometimes the power is not strong enough and I have to heat the food several times to get it ready. And 7, 8, 9 buttons are not working. Planning to return to kmart.

MD123

MD123Sydney

Overall good microwave

This microwave does the job well. Sometimes it can heat things quicker than you expect, and it's a bit on the loud side (especially the incessant beeping if you're not there to open it straight away), but that's just a matter of getting used to. For the price and effectiveness this fits the bill for what a microwave should be.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kelly McGann

Kelly McGannNerang

Great all rounder

Bought this a few months ago after my old Sharp Carousel bit the dust after about 8 years of heavy use. This new model is great! Heats things super fast and super hot. Very easy to use with lots of preprogramed settings for reheating, defrosting and quick cooking which I use all the time. Seems like the Sharp brand is still quality.

jd4free

jd4freeSydney

OK but has a few design issues

At first it was ok and I thought i'd get used to it but then I found it was way too noisy for the small flat.
Overall I think the just needed to get some feedback on this when they designed it, but for the price I guess it's OK.
Next time I will test a unit in store before I buy, I didn't think at the time, as i;d imagine others would have looked into these noises.

Date PurchasedOct 2017