MPN: R395YBK

Buying Guide Banner

Margaret
MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very dissapointed

Purchased from Harvey Norman yesterday a new microwave. Took it home, plugged it in, not working. Travelled another 35mins to return it from Montville to Maroochydore, the m/w was replaced, no problems with an apology. All good and working. Today I selected a recipe from the manual, moist carrot cake, followed the recipe to a T. When it was finished, half of the door is "fogged out". Rang Customer service, was told this was normal because of the high moisture content. "Just keep the door open for 1 to 2 hours".......WHAT......... Have always had Sharp Carousel M/W, not happy with this new one

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Riju
RijuCanberra

Really cool

Bought this from good guys in Fyshwick we were looking for a good new microwave and the technology used in the sharp modeling is inverter technology which aids in even cooking of the food say if you are cooking meat or rice it can cause even heating and good texture the colour and look of the model is also great

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Riju, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We will pass this on to our product team.

BJBBannockburn

Fire Hazard

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi BJB, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you still need any assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Hayley
HayleyPENROSE

Wonderful microwave!

Great microwave at this price point. Looks great with other black appliances.We are enjoying our new microwave. It seems to cook things to perfection.Excellent product! Easy to install and great features! Very attractive on my countertop! Would recommend to anyone in the market for a countertop microwave!It works well and functions as noted. We were very pleased with the purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

Angela B
Angela BMount Gambier

Door has melted!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Angela, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the product. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team can assist and troubleshoot for you.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Skyej
Skyej

Amaziing

This product is the best thing since sliced bread. i cannot believe how well this item works, i read the manual and it is one of the easiest microwaves out there to use. the price is great too i will deff keep buying this brand of appliance, just amazing :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Skyej, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

Lily
Lilysydney

good

bought it about a year ago to use in my little coffee shop, so far does a good job, no dramas at all. easy to clean and not making too much noise when heating things compared to the LG one l used at home. black stainless steel looks very stylish. a no regret buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lily, That is great news! It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave. Cheers!

DanniW
DanniWBrisbane

Good

This product was bought for the resident of rental unit. It is easy and handy to be used for cooking food and heating drinks. They also heat baby formula for their baby, and reflected that it is fast for ready milk. This one has good looking with metallic looking. L

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Danni, thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

nv1970Thornleigh

Disappointing! Failed after 3 month.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the microwave. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi NV, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers and we are glad that you are happy with the resolution. Have a good day.

Duckers
Duckersmelbourne

Lovely Stylish Microwave

I am delighted with this Sharp microwave. It absolutely suits the decor in my kitchen and looks head and shoulders better than any other model that I could see. It is finished in a stylish smoked stainless steel and has very simple, clearly laid out menus. It cooks quick as a flash, much faster than our old one due to the inverter system and I am still getting used to the correct timing. I am very pleased with it..

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

Babs
BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better luck next time

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Babs, we are sorry to hear about your experience and we will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead!

Anna B
Anna BSydney

Not very happy

Has always been difficult to select the buttons, very frustrating. The microwave is also very loud, although it is well built. Would probably have been ok if the buttons worked smoothly and easily. The features are not easy to use, there seems to be a particular sequence that you need to know to make some of them work. I have used much easier and better looking microwave ovens,

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
SE17
SE17

Nope

W I S H. I. N E V E R. B O U G H T. T H I S.
and bought a Samsung one instead for our new place. Oh well lesson learnt. The stainless steel is nice but is a bit dull compared with other brands and models

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Cora
CoraMelbourne

a little bit too powerful but working quite well by now

my former one got broken and I bought this from one of my classmate when she graduated. so I was quite satisfied with the price. as for its performance, it gets a little bit too powerful usually. I have to adjust the cooking time depending on my feeling and guessing. and a little bit noisy. but it is easy to use and has already preset several cooking mode to use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good Stuff!

Perfect device ever
I using it at my kitchen for work and always happy with it much better than bigw or k mart stuffs.
noise not too bad, medium scale and not too heavy
nice steel and black design and easy buttons on it but little bit hard to click the buttons

Date PurchasedApr 2017

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK reviews

Anne
Anneasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Hi, we have enjoyed our Sharp R395YBK for about 4 years after owning a number of sharp microwaves (which seemed to last very well). Two days ago our microwave ceased to heat. It goes through the normal process with timer appearing to work as normal, no theatrics but no heat. I feel that this is not an adequate life for what we feel is a top brand microwave. It doesn't seem fit for purpose. Whilst it is clearly out of warranty, we wonder whether Sharp may be able to help with this issue or provide advice regarding repair.
Kind regards, Anne Flanagan (& Martin)

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Anne, thank you for your query. Our Customer Care team would be happy to discuss options for you - please send an email through with your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing your query here. Thanks

Saad
Saad

I got the same one just over 2 years and now facing the same issue

Mary Ann
Mary Annasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

my sharp carousel R395Y(BK) microwave has a mark where the paint has come off at the front near the seam in the middle. should i continue to use it?

irena a
irena a

Hi Marry Ann. You should try and call Sharp Customer Care. I am just a user so not sure what's the answer. Sorry I couldn't help.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Kind regards,
Sharp Australia

Tori
Toriasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

I bought a Sharp Carousel R-395Y(S)/(BK) in June .But there is no light when cooking anything or opening the door. any ideas?

noricd
noricd

On mine the light worked fine.

Dear Tori,

We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Kind Regards,
Sharp Australia

See all Sharp R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel) questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK