Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK Questions & Answers

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

40 questions from our users

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

Waqas M.
Waqas M.asked

We are using R395 since 1 years,but not its heating system is not working,
Please can you inform me that how i can replace its heating parts and whats its name (model) of heating? Thank you

Steve2020

The Magnetron is the engine of a microwave. This has probably failed.

Barb J.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

i have an Sharp R-350E (W) Microwave oven inverter senser and i was wondering if after you finished cooking one thing do you have to wait for the fan to stop before you can put something else in the microwave to cook

Steve2020

If you've been cooking for say 20 minutes, then I would just wait a bit. The Sharpe Microwave we had seemed to always have the fan going, even for a 3 min heat up. So if you've just used it for a couple of minutes then I wouldn't hesitate in putting the next item in right away

Leanne
Leanne

I use it straight away.

Barb J.

Thank you I feel more confident in using it,

Philip
Philipasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

The light began flickering that seemed to be related to steam coming from the food, but now it flickers or changes from normal brightness to very dim and flickering no matter the amount of steam from cooking even doing it when the door is opened without any cooking at all - i.e. just opening the door prior to doing anything. Is it possible to get a new light for this older model?

UG
UGasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Hi we bought Sharp R395YS microwave on 22/05/2017 and it’s developed a burn mark inside the door and a corresponding burn mark on the inside edge of the machine. It’s getting bigger and I’m worried the microwave is not safe to use. Is there a remedy suggested? Thanks, Uthpala

Ray
Ray

Hi sorry I’m just a customer too but I’d suggest not using it and contact Sharp with your receipt. Thanks

Peter
Peterasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Hi the plate on my microwave keeps spinning after operation if the door is closed. Can this be fixed?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Peter, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au for assistance. Thank you

Mary M.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

The plastic over the control panel has started on our R395YS has started bubbling (the unit is 2.5 years old). I am wondering if this is a protective film that we should have removed initially or is a plastic covering that is not meant to be removed. Is it possible to remove the plastic to improve the appearance of the microwave or will that damage the control panel?
Thanks, Mary

Tony Q
Tony Q

I am guessing that it is the protective plastic film that was intended to be removed upon purchase. Have a look at the edges of the plastic & see if you can gently lift the film - if so you should be able to peel it off.

Mary M.

Success!!! Thanks so much!

Saadasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

i have this Microwave R395YS for just over 2 years. The lamp stopped working way back. But i Ddd not cared much as it was still doing the heating . but now it stopped heating as well. I believe this is not adequate life span for a microwave where we have spent bit more than $200. Can sharp offer some remedy for this issue ?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Saad, thank you for providing feedback.. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Anne
Anneasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Hi, we have enjoyed our Sharp R395YBK for about 4 years after owning a number of sharp microwaves (which seemed to last very well). Two days ago our microwave ceased to heat. It goes through the normal process with timer appearing to work as normal, no theatrics but no heat. I feel that this is not an adequate life for what we feel is a top brand microwave. It doesn't seem fit for purpose. Whilst it is clearly out of warranty, we wonder whether Sharp may be able to help with this issue or provide advice regarding repair.
Kind regards, Anne Flanagan (& Martin)

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Anne, thank you for your query. Our Customer Care team would be happy to discuss options for you - please send an email through with your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing your query here. Thanks

I got the same one just over 2 years and now facing the same issue

Sam Redman
Sam Redmanasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

We have a great microwave oven that is only two years old. today after half way through a one minute heating cycle it stopped and tripped the circuit breaker. It has been a perfect unit and now?
What would you suggest?

Sam Redman

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sam, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp and would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please send your contact details through to our Customer Care team on ccare@sharp.net.au , referencing this issue. They will contact you to assist.

Anth
Anthasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Hi there, I’ve bought a Sharp inverter sensor 1100w microwave recently and was wondering the light doesn’t come on when I open the door but it does work when heating food. Is this a big deal? , as I believe the light should be working when the door is opened.
Cheers.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Anth, we encourage you to contact our customer care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. They will be able to troubleshoot and assist with your issue. Have a good day.

MummyCat
MummyCatasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Why is a cooling time not able to be cancelled? Why does the fan have to continue to go even after the food is removed and the door is closed and there is nothing inside the microwave? the cool down feature is extremely annoying and I have to switch the electricity off every time just to shut the noise off...I am extremely disappointed with this microwave, I have only used it once, I have the box...would love to send it back, but company says it's been used and not faulty so, I'm stuck with it...Do you want it?

Sami
Samiasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I bought the Sharp R395YS Microwave oven in August last year. It was working good up until last month . We found the the plate of rice when warmed for 1 minute the middle of the food does not get hot while outside is very hot. Any reason or are we doing something not correct?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sami, thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Miranda
Mirandaasked
R395YS / R395YBK

How do I cancel the kitchen timer function on my sharp microwave model r-360m?"

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Miranda, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will assist and troubleshoot for you accordingly.

Barb
Barbasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Is it safe to insert my hand into oven to remove item during cooling time?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Barb, after cooking or heating the food, the fan will continue to operate. COOLING may be displayed when the door is opened or STOP/ CLEAR pad is pressed while fan is operating. You are able to remove the food from the microwave. Hope this helps. Have a good day.

Babs

Hi Barb, I see Sharp have answered this question for you. My answer is that I used to do this on a daily basis & I still have my hands! As it is the fan only that continues to operate NOT the heating/cooking function. Gosh that would be annoying to have to wait another 30 secs before you could remove your food. Cheers Liz

Lisa Gallagher
Lisa Gallagherasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Have literally just purchased a Sharp Inverter microwave and pressed Start/ instant cook and food/drinks not heating at all. Am I doing something wrong / missing something or is it faulty? Not happy. Have just taken it out of the box

Hi Lisa,

We appreciate your feedback and would like to assist you. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team will assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Kind Regards,

R.singh
R.singh

Well i havev no issues.its still under warranty so i will take it back to store where you purchase from

Mary Ann
Mary Annasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

my sharp carousel R395Y(BK) microwave has a mark where the paint has come off at the front near the seam in the middle. should i continue to use it?

irena a

Hi Marry Ann. You should try and call Sharp Customer Care. I am just a user so not sure what's the answer. Sorry I couldn't help.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Kind regards,

MasterGards
MasterGardsasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Is there any way to turn off the beep/alarm and/or reminder in the Sharp R-395Y model microwave?

irena a

Hi there. I am not really sure to be honest - I have never considered it. The beep is not too loud though if that helps at all.

Hi MasterGards

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is no option to turn off the reminder alarm on the microwave.

Kind Regards,

Babs

Hopefully this may be something manufacturers might consider in future models. Personally, I understand the 'beep' is there for a reason but it would be nice if microwaves had the capability of reducing the level of it as some of them do seem rather loud ..., especially if you're using it at 10 or 11 o'clock at night!

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK