Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)
Listing monitored by Sharp

42 questions from our users

Mary Ann
Mary Annasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

my sharp carousel R395Y(BK) microwave has a mark where the paint has come off at the front near the seam in the middle. should i continue to use it?

irena a

Hi Marry Ann. You should try and call Sharp Customer Care. I am just a user so not sure what's the answer. Sorry I couldn't help.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

MasterGards
MasterGardsasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Is there any way to turn off the beep/alarm and/or reminder in the Sharp R-395Y model microwave?

irena a

Hi there. I am not really sure to be honest - I have never considered it. The beep is not too loud though if that helps at all.

Hi MasterGards

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is no option to turn off the reminder alarm on the microwave.

Babs
Babs

Hopefully this may be something manufacturers might consider in future models. Personally, I understand the 'beep' is there for a reason but it would be nice if microwaves had the capability of reducing the level of it as some of them do seem rather loud ..., especially if you're using it at 10 or 11 o'clock at night!

WayLynasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I have just bought the R-350YS, when the cooling function is on can you still use the microwave to cook?

kj
kj

i dont think so but cooling only goes for about 30secs

Thanks :) I didn't think so

Avalon
Avalon

Yes. I use it straight away as it will cool down again once it's finished.

Nicole M
Nicole Masked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Bought this microwave from Good Guys in May 2015. In Sep 2015 it stopped working. Inverter and fuse replaced under warranty. Today (Oct 2017) it has stopped working again. I suspect same issue. I think a microwave should last more than 2 years. Not happy, as it is probably out of warranty and I don’t know how much it will cost to repair again (and whether it is worth doing so). For $257 putchase price I expected a better product.

Hi Nicole,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN - 528765, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Zell
Zellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Please answer, because I am just about to return mine to the store if you don't.
HOW DO I TURN OFF THE COOLING FEATURE????
This is my third Sharp Mic ... more is not better.

Hi Zell,

In regards to your question, all Convection and Inverter Microwave Ovens have the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Hence, you will not be able to turn off the cooling function.

Mdg
Mdg

Why did older microwaves not have this function and why is it necessary? I had many years of service from two old sharp carousels and know of one still operating after 31 years!

Bronasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

How do I set the clock? I do as the manual states and only get an ERROR message.

Hi Bron,

Thank you for your question. The error maybe caused by the incorrect clock time (eg. 13:45). If you could please retry and enter in 12 hour clock system. Press the STOP/CLEAR pad and re-enter the time of day (eg.1:45).

If you are still having issues, please send through your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this question, our customer care team will be able to contact and assist you accordingly.

Bron

Thank you! I must have been trying after 12.00 midday and using the 24 hour system! Using the 12.00 hour system works perfectly!!

Tori
Toriasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

I bought a Sharp Carousel R-395Y(S)/(BK) in June .But there is no light when cooking anything or opening the door. any ideas?

noricd
noricd

On mine the light worked fine.

Dear Tori,

We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Darryl Wilkes
Darryl Wilkesasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

We purchased our R-395YS microwave back in March this year, and it has developed an annoying electrical hum/buzz that persists at all times, even when the unit is not being used. It is becoming all pervasive in our kitchen, and we need to have it gone. Can you please help us with advice.

Wizzy
Wizzy

Hi Darryl
Personally, I would take it back to the place you bought it, and they should replace it without any charges. Perhaps record the sound on your phone and let them listen to it. Obviously something is not working the way it should. And you can't put up with noise like that. Good luck.

Hi Darryl,

terrysmith
terrysmith

Hi I have a near new R350Y(w) that is doing this also. When not in use and door shut the unit has a low hum/ buzz. Stops when power is turned off at switch and returns when power on. Will this mean the unit could catch on fire or something?

Ingrid
Ingridasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I bought my microwave (brand new) less than a month ago and the oven lamp is not working at all. How can I have this fixed without too much bother or running around?

Hi Ingrid,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 515685, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

sallyc
sallycasked
R395YS / R395YBK

Hi, I was wondering with the 'cooling' function, is that still using the microwave ionising radiation or is it a completely different function within the microwave itself?

Many thanks.

Hi Sally,

Thank you for your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

Beck
Beckasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Hello, Our microwave will not heat up, can you please offer any advice? All is in good working order otherwise.Thank You

Hi Beck,

Thank you for your question. If you could please email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

Bronwynasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Hi, I have just been out looking at a microwave to buy, and was really impressed with the look and features of the R395YS in stainless steel. However, after reading about the reviews regarding arcing, paint bubbling, door sticking to the body, I'm really now rethinking about this model. Can anyone tell me if anything has been done since these complaints, to prevent these things happening to the ones in stock now?

Simon A.
Simon A.

Hi Bronwyn,

I would not know if sharp have redesigned the door/body of this unit to avoid the problem I encountered. I exchanged mine for a different brand so as not to risk a repeat of the same issue. Simon

Bronwyn

Thankyou Simon. I might have to rethink and choose another brand too. I loved my Sharp Carousel that I originally had for many many years. Nothing seems to be built to last anymore :/ Better technology but less reliability.

Hi Bronwyn,

Mick
Mickasked
R395YS / R395YBK

How do I replace the light in the microwave? as it has stopped working!

Hi Mick,

Thank you for contacting us. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will assist you troubleshoot for you accordingly.

Ralph David
Ralph Davidasked
R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Is it safe to take the food out after the timer is done? For example, when I set the timer for 30 seconds, it still makes a cooking sound after 30 seconds, and the display says "cooling". Why does the sound remain? Does it mean the microwave is still working? Should I wait until the cooling sound has passed before opening it?

Viroon
Viroon

Yes it is safe to take the food out. The noise is just a fan circulating air around the motor.

Michelle
Michelle

Yes it is safe. The cooking process has stopped.

Hi Ralph,

In regards to your question about the cool down feature, after cooking the fan will continue to run briefly as a cool down feature. This microwave is a high powered, inverter microwave, therefore it is necessary for the fan to run to cool the unit after each use. Please note this will automatically occur even if the oven is only used for a short period. It is ok for you to open the oven and remove the food once the timer has stopped (even if the cooling fan has started).

Argee
Argeeasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Can I open the door and get my food while the cooling function is on?

Hi Argee,

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can open the door at any point to remove the food. If you have further concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us at ccare@sharp.net.au. Have a great day.

fifooasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Bought this model recently (less than a month)... and have the same problem as many others. The paint inside the door has started coming off and door plastic has melted from one spot. I'm sure its arcing.

Called Sharp customer support and been on hold for over 30 minutes now. Never thought I would experience such an issue with a Sharp microwave

Can support help me out ?

DebbieS
DebbieS

Support is in Malaysia and are bloo.y useless, they can't even give you the right specs. I'm going to sell mine and buy a PANASONIC

fifoo

Thanks DebbieS ... finally got through to support ( answered after 50 minutes) and now they want to take it to a service center in Croydon VIC ... that's at least 1 hour drive from my place and they only open 9-5 ... so now I will have to take day off, and then go through the hassle of taking it back.

The service centre closer to my place has stopped working on Sharp Microwave .. reason given to be over the phone was "Too much trouble mate ... "

I bought this on 08/06/2015 and its already broken in less than 15 days. Why should I settle for a repaired item ? They should be offering me replacement AT-LEAST !!

Horrific experience so far ... never buying sharp or recommending it

Hi fifoo,

We are concerned to hear of your experience with Sharp microwaves and we would like to investigate further details about this matter. However, due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 484638, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Daniel Aylward
Daniel Aylwardasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

The door inside the microwave has melted whilst we were sterilising bottles for our baby, is this a common fault on this sharp model as I see many instances on the internet where people have also experienced the door melting? This really is not good enough and very dangerous.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your question. If you could please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, and referencing this CRN-481963, a member of our team can assist and answer your questions accordingly.

Iqbal
Iqbalasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Once the food is heated and fan becomes operational, can I leave the door open for 30 sec or more to take heated food out nd put something else?? Will it affect the cooling operation & ultimately life of machine??

Hi Iqbal,

Thank you for your question. You can open the microwave door at any time, whether the unit is cooking or not. Once the door is open, all other functions are shut off. If the cooking cycle was interrupted, once the door is closed, you can resume by pressing Start.

Also, it will not affect the cooling operation and life of machine.

If you need further information, alternatively, you can check the operations manual at this link -> http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R395YBK_S_om.pdf

Hope this helps.

Sally Collins
Sally Collinsasked

Hi,
I have a Sharp Carousel Inverter Sensor model R395YSBK and need a new glass tray for it. How do I go about replacing it?

Sally

Hi Sally,

Thank you for providing us with your question. Replacement parts for Sharp's products can be purchased from our Spare Parts Distributors.
To find the nearest location please access this link - http://www.sharp.net.au/articles/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets/

Doug
Dougasked
R395YS / R395YBK

We've had ours for a few months and all of a sudden when we try to use it it is counting down at 5 times the correct pace, so a minute on the clock will take about 10 seconds to complete. Has anyone else seen this? Is it a fault with the machine? Thanks.

Hi Doug,

This microwave is in demonstration mode.

To turn it off:
- Press Info/Timer button
- Press 1 on the keypad
- Press Instant Cook/Start

If you still require further assistance, please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN -475937,a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Sharp Australia

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK