Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK (page 2 of 15)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Davey
DaveySouth East Queensland, QLD

Okay for a while

Purchased 2014 and has done a reasonable job. Two days ago arced and has a large burn mark. Was told by Sharp to take to local agent for assessment. Took microwave in, agent opened door and said he would have to have a closer inspection before telling Sharp what the problem was and if they would ok it to be fixed. He then told me if Sharp decided not to fix it it would cost me $154 for the inspection. Not happy so will not buy Sharp again.

Purchased in March 2014 at The Good Guys Physical store for $242.00.

Tony QSydney, NSW

Turntable stopped working and microwave no longer heating

Our Sharp microwave is just over 5 years old and has suddenly stopped working. Turntable stopped working and microwave no longer heating and display does not revert to "Cooling" at end of the selected timer period. The microwave played up a few weeks ago and was not working properly but after turning it off at the mains power plug and restarting it worked ok. Last night and again today we have turned off and unplugged the power plug and attempted to heat half a cup of water for 20 seconds then a further 50 seconds, the turntable did not rotate and the water remained tepid. Can it be repaired or will this cost almost as much as a new microwave?

Purchased in July 2012 for $234.00.

Margaret
MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very dissapointed

Purchased from Harvey Norman yesterday a new microwave. Took it home, plugged it in, not working. Travelled another 35mins to return it from Montville to Maroochydore, the m/w was replaced, no problems with an apology. All good and working. Today I selected a recipe from the manual, moist carrot cake, followed the recipe to a T. When it was finished, half of the door is "fogged out". Rang Customer service, was told this was normal because of the high moisture content. "Just keep the door open for 1 to 2 hours".......WHAT......... Have always had Sharp Carousel M/W, not happy with this new one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Riju
RijuCanberra

Really cool

Bought this from good guys in Fyshwick we were looking for a good new microwave and the technology used in the sharp modeling is inverter technology which aids in even cooking of the food say if you are cooking meat or rice it can cause even heating and good texture the colour and look of the model is also great

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Riju, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We will pass this on to our product team.

BJBBannockburn

Fire Hazard

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi BJB, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you still need any assistance, please feel free to contact us.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
LorB
LorBTownsville

Disappointed.

This unit looks good and initially worked well. Lasted just over two years and then suddenly stopped heating food. Smelt like it was ready to burst into flames. Very disappointed in the quality of this product and would expect it to last much longer. Will be exploring other brands for a replacement unit.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Hayley
HayleyPENROSE

Wonderful microwave!

Great microwave at this price point. Looks great with other black appliances.We are enjoying our new microwave. It seems to cook things to perfection.Excellent product! Easy to install and great features! Very attractive on my countertop! Would recommend to anyone in the market for a countertop microwave!It works well and functions as noted. We were very pleased with the purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

PiperSp
PiperSpCortlinye

Decent microwave

The dial is easy enough to get used to but the buttons feel rather cheap. Also it seems like for some reason it doesnt so a great job on heating soups. I'm not sure how this could be since our last microwave was all 1200W but thats sure what it seems like to us in the household. The sensor is a nice idea but like so many other microwaves can be very hit or miss. Nothing about it is terrible, and it looks pretty good, but it was just very underwhelming for the price compared to other microwaves.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Piper, thank you for the feedback. We will pass it on to our product managers. Have a good day.

Angela B
Angela BMount Gambier

Door has melted!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Angela, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the product. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team can assist and troubleshoot for you.

Jan S
Jan STraralgon East

Great microwave

Love this microwave and use it all the time. Heats and cooks evenly..I also purchased one for each of my sons..highly recommend. It not only compliments my kitchen but works well to.. It is easy to clean and not to bulky. It was also a reasonable price. You won't be disappdisappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jan, thank you for the lovely feedback. We will pass it on to our product managers. Have a good day.

Skyej
Skyej

Amaziing

This product is the best thing since sliced bread. i cannot believe how well this item works, i read the manual and it is one of the easiest microwaves out there to use. the price is great too i will deff keep buying this brand of appliance, just amazing :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Skyej, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

Worked great until now

We bought this microwave 4-5 years ago and have been very happy with it until now.
Turned on microwave and there is white sparking coming from behind metal plate. I have read in previous posts this is arcing which seems to be a common problem. Now we are looking to replace our microwave as it seems very unsafe to use.

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Renee
ReneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellently

This microwave is durable, I have had mine for over 5 years now. The power of this microwave is stronger than others. I find I need minimal time to heat or cook anything, which is a blessing with a busy young family. I am very happy with mine. The model number may not be accurate but the description is correct.

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Renee, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

Lily
Lilysydney

good

bought it about a year ago to use in my little coffee shop, so far does a good job, no dramas at all. easy to clean and not making too much noise when heating things compared to the LG one l used at home. black stainless steel looks very stylish. a no regret buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lily, That is great news! It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave. Cheers!

Other Microwaves

Only lasted a couple of years

There seems to be a common problem with this microwave as ours experience is similar Problems similar to other reviews. Microwave stopped working after only 2 years and it arced just prior to it dying. Pretty disappointed in this sharp microwave, loved our previous sharp but now looking at other brands to replace this one.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel