Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK (page 3 of 15)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

BrinkDarwin

Are Sharp in denial over this problem?

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Brink, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, a member of our team can assist you.

JulieMerrylands

Slow wave

This micro wave is so slow just to start cooking and I don't think it speaks English or understands Aussie cooking. It is way to hot when it does eventually start. I don't think I haven't burnt any thing in it to date.. Maybe I need cooking lessons or they could come complimentary with the oven

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Julie, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the product. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team can assist and troubleshoot for you.

Julie

I am mistaken and you are right it is kmarts own brand I am so sorry.

Sam P
Sam PMelbourne

A liability

In the middle of microwaving chocolate, the microwave started to arc and make horrid smelling smoke, leaving a melted scorch mark on the door frame. Sharp refused to acknowledge the issue, and blamed me! I certainly won't be buying Sharp again!

Looking at the other reviews here, this is a common failure on this microwave, so I think a recall is needed.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sam, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

Nick
Nick

So far so good

I bought this because I had owned a Sharp microwave that served my family well for over 15 years which was quite amazing. Having read some of the reviews for this model, I am a little nervous, but 2 weeks down and so far so good. It seems to cook food quicker (it's more powerful) and more evenly (it is an inverter model) which are both pluses. Given the other reviews I'll report back if anything goes wrong.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Nick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Have a good day.

DanniW
DanniWBrisbane

Good

This product was bought for the resident of rental unit. It is easy and handy to be used for cooking food and heating drinks. They also heat baby formula for their baby, and reflected that it is fast for ready milk. This one has good looking with metallic looking. L

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Danni, thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
nv1970Thornleigh

Disappointing! Failed after 3 month.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the microwave. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi NV, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers and we are glad that you are happy with the resolution. Have a good day.

RumBar
RumBarMelbourne

Going Well So Far

We have only had this two months but I am slightly nervous reading the other reviews. Ours works perfectly and we think it looks fantastic in our kitchen. We actually bought it mostly on looks which probably isn't smart but we figure Sharp is a good Japanese brand. It works very well (so far) so fingers crossed we get a long life out of it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Have a good day.

Donna KAU

Goes forever.

I have not had much luck with microwave ovens. Until now. I love the look of this one looks so neat and clean. Heats my meals up so nice. Dont really understand why microwaves are different. But this one doesnt dry my food out and it definitely hasn't blown up on me (lol) ..As I said have not had much luck with them until now. Dont think this little beauty is going to give me any trouble.
It's my baby now.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Donna, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you need any assistance in future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Have a lovely day.

Thankyou.

Roger JAdelaide

Poor lifespan similar complaints recorded.

Microwave oven is only 22 months old. It has started to make sparking noises when in use. We have noticed burn marks between the door and the frame. We are now worried about using the appliances. Suspect it is definitely on its way out. 5th Sharp microwave oven we have owned. The last 2 have had a short life. Losing confidence in the quality of Sharp Microwaves.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roger, we are concerned to hear of your experience but thank you for taking your replacement microwave in for inspection. We will pass on your comments and feedback to product managers for their review. Thank you

Only lasted 5 years

Purchased original microwave May 2013. My parents and my husband’s parents recommended a Sharp Microwave due to reputation for quality and they have both had Sharp Microwaves for 15 + years. Used only lightly to reheat meals 1-3 times per week. As other reviewers have mentioned, the microwave also has burn marks / rust on inside of the door. Our family are very disappointed with the failure after only 5years of very light use. We asked an electrician friend if it could be fixed and he said it was cheaper to buy another one. Disappointed that this will contribute to landfill after only 5 years of light use. Not good for the environment!

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Emma, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

Brian
BrianAdelaide

Burn marks on door

This our second sharp carousel microwave. The first lasted until the warranty ran out. Burn marks appeared between the door and the frame due to arcing. The local Sharp agency put in a claim and the microwave was replaced. That was four months ago and burn marks have now appeared on the replaced microwave. This model should have been recalled due to an ongoing fault which could cause a catastrophic fire.
This will be the last sharp appliance that I will buy as the appliance quality control is very poor as this dangerous ongoing fault has not been addressed. Hopefully this fault will not cause a fatality.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Brian, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Duckers
Duckersmelbourne

Lovely Stylish Microwave

I am delighted with this Sharp microwave. It absolutely suits the decor in my kitchen and looks head and shoulders better than any other model that I could see. It is finished in a stylish smoked stainless steel and has very simple, clearly laid out menus. It cooks quick as a flash, much faster than our old one due to the inverter system and I am still getting used to the correct timing. I am very pleased with it..

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

Pee Geecanberra

Microwave only Lasted 4 Years

Purchased original microwave March 2014. Used it only to cook porridge and rice, and re-heat cups of tea. It is now inoperative and does not heat at all. Also experienced arcing and a burn on inside of the door. Very disappointed with failure after only 4 years of very light use.

We replaced it in last week (April 2018) with the same model; however, the new item constantly buzzes loudly - even when the oven is not in use!

Will be very unlikely to purchase another Sharp product after these experiences.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Pee Gee

After having the microwave checked by a service agent, Sharp provided a replacement oven. Thank you Sharp for taking the time to look after this customer.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Pee Gee, We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Babs
BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better luck next time

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Babs, we are sorry to hear about your experience and we will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead!

MumOfBoysAdelaide

This is a 'cradle to the grave' brand for me

Grew up with an early version of Sharp Carousel (90s), the hubby owned one before we got married and then we used it for many years, and this recent purchase in the last few years, is even better with the Inverter. So happy with the even cooking, defrosting and reheating of things. Mainly use it for steaming vegetables, reheating dinners, defrosting meat, and occasionally nuking ice-cream for 8-seconds so it's a little bit melted. They have improved the button choices (or just updated with the times) but most food types are covered off that you'd want to put in the microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear MumOfBoys, we are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel