Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK (page 4 of 15)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

TonyLaunceston, TAS

A great and power microwave, with so many functions and features

I have had that in my rental (yes, lucky) for a few years before I moved into my own tiny apartment, and I loved it thus just bought one after moving in. It is a bit expensive for sure, but that 1200 W inverter is definitely quick and powerful, saves quite a bit of time, and the build quality is good enough, so in my opinion, it was worth it.

Features and Functions: Though I have used it for 4 years, I haven't tried all the functions, I would mainly use the quick 60s one, as I know what I am cooking/preparing.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tony, We are glad that you enjoy using our microwave. Have a great day ahead!

Tony

That's a quick response. Indeed I have loved it so far, for about 4-5 years, so that's great. Just hope it would last.

One suggestion, if you could integrate the time saving into your clock, it would be great..

Anna B
Anna BSydney

Not very happy

Has always been difficult to select the buttons, very frustrating. The microwave is also very loud, although it is well built. Would probably have been ok if the buttons worked smoothly and easily. The features are not easy to use, there seems to be a particular sequence that you need to know to make some of them work. I have used much easier and better looking microwave ovens,

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Tone
ToneMelbourne

Wasteful

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Sue P
Sue PBrisbane

Great Unit...but only lasted 2 years

This is a great microwave loved it from the beginning purchased in March 2016. Unfortunately stopped heating which is very disappointing. This is our third Sharp unit the last two lasting around 10 years each. Have taken back to store of purchase they were no help because out of 12 month warranty.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Tim
TimMelbourne

Better than small microwave

It’s more powerful than 800w other brand microwave.
The noise is normal acceptable. It has so many functions, but I only use the most simplest function to heat the milk and some cool dishes. The exterior looks more high class end if you think the exterior is very important, this is the one.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Riversdale28
Riversdale28

Modern, sleek microwave

After moving home, my old sharp microwave didn't fit the kitchen cabinet. My new Sharp R395YS is totally modern, swish and fits with the rest of the kitchen fittings. I have only ever had Sharp microwaves, and can't fault their functionality and cooking. I have simply even more options than ever with the new one.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
SE17
SE17

Nope

W I S H. I. N E V E R. B O U G H T. T H I S.
and bought a Samsung one instead for our new place. Oh well lesson learnt. The stainless steel is nice but is a bit dull compared with other brands and models

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Cora
CoraMelbourne

a little bit too powerful but working quite well by now

my former one got broken and I bought this from one of my classmate when she graduated. so I was quite satisfied with the price. as for its performance, it gets a little bit too powerful usually. I have to adjust the cooking time depending on my feeling and guessing. and a little bit noisy. but it is easy to use and has already preset several cooking mode to use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good Stuff!

Perfect device ever
I using it at my kitchen for work and always happy with it much better than bigw or k mart stuffs.
noise not too bad, medium scale and not too heavy
nice steel and black design and easy buttons on it but little bit hard to click the buttons

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Kay
KayAdelaide

Great replacement

I’ve stuck with Sharp products over the years. However, I had another brand and it only lasted 2 years! The Sharp microwave is simple to use and quick. Being and inverter microwave means it cooks food evenly. It is easy to use too. The stainless steel option looks good, but needs to be wiped often, which isn’t a hassle.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
shelly
shellyMelbourne

perfect

The microwave is nice and pwoerful.
There are plenty of setting some of which I am still have to read the manual to work out
The microwave is not incredibly loud but there is quite a bit of noise
The microwave is very sturdy.
I had one and then it died and got it replaced from Harvey Norman and my second one still works...going on 10 years now

Date PurchasedMay 2007
JB Review
JB ReviewNsw, 2452

I like this microwave

I'm surprised by the low community rating as this machine pumps out the waves! 1200W if you didn't know is a huge amount of power and often I have to turn it down to 80%. That said, it is a solid machine and will nuke whatever you like as evenly as you could expect. Large cavity and easy clean. Good inverter technology also.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SG1
SG1Sydney

Nothing can beat this one

When it comes to purchase a microwave dont look for any thing other than a sharp one. It will put a big smile in your face over a long period. Nothing can beat its quality or performance. It comes with lot of features that will fill all your everyday needs even for a big family.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
sue3524
sue3524AU

Expected Better

Purchased this microwave on 16/8/16 and last night it tripped my house switch. When the power was put back on the microwave was dead. Just over 2 years use. Not good enough! Luckily my local store was happy to help out with a replacement oven at an extremely low price!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Gareth
GarethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We have had 2 x Sharp 1200w Microwaves breakdown

We have had 2 of these microwaves, the first one stopped working and produced a metallic burning smell, it was replaced in store without a problem. Our second one just stopped heating the food this week and I will be returning today. Can't say that I am full of confidence in getting another Sharp microwave, I think I will be asking the store for a refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel