Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK (page 5 of 9)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Clint
ClintSydney, NSW

Hard to use (at first)

The new sharp microwave looks good but doesn't seem overly sturdy, after cooking the fan seems to stay on for a period of time. It's cooling ... it cooks the food well. And the light works great. I feel there are much better options out there on the market. For the price

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Jitesh M
Jitesh MMelbourne

This is perfect

we were a bit reluctant because we were worried with the inverter cool-down time. there are some micro that cannot be immediately reused because of cooldown time. but very happy with this purchase. the cooldown time doesnt take too long and the micro can be used again even while its cooling.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

AM3
AM3

Not impressed with performance

Bought this model due to 'Choice' magazine recommendation about 2 years ago. Was working well until a week ago when encountered similar problem as described by others here- the inside of the door has now got a 'burn/scald' mark at the bottom left. My daughter was operating it and complained of a burning smell. Went to investigate and immediately stopped it and unplugged it. Have not used since as believe the door is now compromised. Interesting to see others in similar situation- a design fault perhaps? Can this be returned somewhere to be looked at? I am in Perth

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Linda
LindaMELBOURNE

Love my new microwave

I recently purchased a Sharp microwave after always buying Panasonic. I was really disappointed with my last Panasonic as the door was really difficult to close and also the window was very dark and difficult to see through (porridge overflowed). This new sharp has a brighter window on the door and the door opens and closes easily. The layout is easy to understand. It cooks food quicker than my last Panasonic as it is a higher wattage(1200Watt). Time will tell on the durability of the product but so far I am impressed.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
ALX
ALX

Easy to use

Looks very modern and smart and is very quite in operation. The glass bass is smooth so easy to clean. Start \ stop buttons easy to locate. I purchased mine for work and everyone is happy using it. The door operation seems sturdy and strong enough for daily use. Recommend for sure.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Annette
AnnettePerth, WA

Not a happy Sharp customer

I have been using Sharp microwaves since they were first produced because of the quality. After purchasing a new one last year, after ten years, I find the product to be sub standard. Firstly, I had to return it as the plate rotated for all of 10 minutes and never worked again. I was given a replacement and the plate works but jerks around, the clock display worked temporarily and I am unable to set the clock and the film has all bubbled and is hard to read. Very disappointed and the next replacement will definitely not be Sharp, though I doubt it will be as long as 10 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Strange burning electrical smell

Ever since we first used the micro wave oven it has produced a toxic electrical burning smell. At first we thought it was probably new parts giving off fumes when first heated,however this smell continues to this day. Also, is it possible to turn off the cool down cycle. It goes for a full minute even if the oven is only used for 10 seconds it is extremely annoying. Strangely all our previous micro wave ovens have not needed this function.
This is our third or fourth Sharp oven and I'm sorry to say I can't recommend this one to anyone.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Pete
Pete

CRN520881.
Peter Scott 0414528924

RogetDodger
RogetDodgerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

It not an inverter. Totally false name.

This microwave is not inverter. I know this as I had previously a Panasonic inverter, and I know how they should operate. This microwave cooks the same as any cheap microwave does. It only cooks on max power and 0 power. You can hear and see it switch the power on and off. On 20% power my milk boils and foams for a 2 seconds then stops boiling and foaming for 8 seconds. Not an inverter. False advertising and labelling. I am happy to provide video proof of this.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Unsafe and Burnt door!

We purchased our microwave in 2013 from Harvey Norman but hardly used it for a 5 months and then boxed it as we moved overseas to a furnished place. I recently started using it again 3 months ago and now all of a sudden it had a burnt smell coming from it when i checked the same thing happened that's happened to a few other people too. The inside of door from the bottom left was burnt. I was so happy with my microwave but it hasn't really worked for a total of a year also. Not sure what i should do! I am in qatar these days can Sharp Australia help?

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Foose
Foose

Purchased 5 weeks ago and it has stopped working

My husband was happy with sharp carousel the last one we had lasted for 8 years so we bought the same one however this microwave was purchased 5 weeks ago and last night we were sterilising my new born bottle and it made a pop sound and stop working. Now I have no microwave and need to sterilise my new bubs bottles the long way until my husband finished work to take it back and then we et told it might not be replaced it depends, I really upset because I should be able to trust sharp brand. Can someone come to my place and return it and replace it because with a new born I don't need this extra stress

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
bpmicra
bpmicraMelbourne

Not Good

The MWO was well built and features were good. First time that we have purchased an I
'Inverter' MWO. It did not heat liquid as it should of: boiling the top 25mm of the liquid in the cup to the point of boiling over and the bottom liquid in the cup was only cool. Took it back twice and both times it was tested ok, but still no change in the cooking outcome. Other techs I talked to said that this was not right and there was something wrong with the unit. After a month we were allowed to change it for something else which works fine and heats the liquid evenly in the cup (mug). I would not recomend this unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
GlenSydney

Unsafe and burning microwave

Date PurchasedSept 2014

Unsafe product - Microwave sparking and burning smell

2 years to the date after purchase our microwave starting sparking with a burning smell.

Upon further inspection we noticed that the paint had come away from the door frame in two places, and has left burn marks on the door. This has rendered the microwave unusable and unsafe to use.

We have phoned SHARP customer care, whom have said that this is not their problem as the product is now out of warranty (12 months). The only advice received is to take the product to a registered SHARP repair agency - that happens to be a 1.5 hour drive from our home.
Needless to say we are extremely disappointed with this outcome and will not be making any further purchases by this manufacturer!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jess
JessAdelaide

Microwave sparking and burning

Purchased this Sharp microwave just over a year ago and it was working fine until last month, when it sparked while heating and could smell burning metal. Upon closer inspection, burn marks could be seen on both halves of the door. Haven't used since due to safety concerns.
Very unhappy that a microwave only 16 months old is now unusable as a safety issue. Have tried to contact Sharp through their web form but over a week has passed and still no response. Will not buy a Sharp again if these are the issues I can expect!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Cath
Cath

Very happy with this Microvawe

This is the third Sharp Microvawe I've owned. First one lasted 12 years. Second one lasted 8 years. Not bad as it was frequently used, therefore I wanted to replace with a sharp again. This new one is virtually identical to my previous one except this new one has a cooling function after use, which some people seem to have a problem with. Doesn't bother me and hopefully will prevent the rusting around the door edge that I got with my previous Microvawe. Very powerful. Auto functions work really well. Love the quick start function. Very happy so far!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Elaine T
Elaine TSydney

Melting door

Our microwave is less than 12 months old, tonight part of the door melted and it left an ugly black mark and the paint has melted on the inner bottom edge. The smell was ghastly.
This is not acceptable for a product that is less than 12 months. Not happy

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Door and Frame have burnt in 2 locations

We have loved this microwave and have had it under 2 years and purchased from Harvey Norman. Today I was heating chocolate at 50% power and could smell burning. I opened the door to find part of the door melted and the frame directly opposite with paint partially removed and black melted onto it. I tried to clean it off and tried using it again, the same thing occurred on the bottom of the frame and door this time. We have disconnected it.

Can Sharp please assist? Thank you

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Kylie

Just an update, we provided our receipt, an assessment was done and we received a credit from the supply store and replaced the Microwave. Thank you to Sharp who were very prompt!

Very dissapointed

I have had my Sharp microwve oven for 2.7 years and used it to reheat food mostly.
I waited untill my new kitchen was installed 20/03/2014 before I first used this microwave
The microwave has stopped heating and it did have a smell prior to stopping.
I have always used Sharp microwaves and they have worked for five plus years, NOT THIS R395YS model.
To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement and I will have to look elsewhere to replace it.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
TonyDBrisbane

Paint coming off inside and burning smell from microwave.

We have been very satisfied with this microwave which us now just over 2 years old. However about a year after we bought it we noticed that the paint on the inside (on the bottom in the middle that the door closes against) seemed to be degrading. It gas now deteriorated much worse and we are getting a burning smell from the microwave. Very dissapointing after just over 2 years, we really like the microwave but will nit buy another Sharp if they only last 2 years.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
GlennMelbourne

Not up to scratch!!

Purchased the R395YS microwave oven from Harvey Norman in August 2013, another in the long line of Sharp microwave ovens we have owned over the years. Just stopped working a few nights ago no power on screen. This one has been by far the shortest lived and probably the most expensive one we have purchased. Would expect a name brand like Sharp to last a bit longer than that !!!

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Glenn

Update: A quick response from Sharp Care have asked for a copy of proof of purchase and have offered a free investigation report from one of its service agents.
Now awaiting a reply.

Simon A.
Simon A.South East Queensland, QLD

Arcing and stopped working after 2 years

Date PurchasedSept 2014

Safety hazard

Bought the microwave in 2014 in the first month the door fused to the main body strong burning smell returned and replaced but now after two years the same thing has happened where the door has fused to the main body resulting in the microwave being unsafe to be used because the white enamel coating has burnt off exposing raw metal.Happy with the microwave until this happened.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Frank
Frank

Good outcome even though the microwave was two months out of warranty Sharp offered a replacement or credit for the damaged item.

BobbieeSheldon

Ex Sharp Microwave Fan

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Fire Hazard

Our Sharp R395YS microwave is a dangerous fire hazard like other reviews have said. There should be a recall before a major fire. We noticed burn marks between the door and door frame after smelling smoke. Will call Sharp and Good Guys now. Not happy. I will ask for money back as i do not want another one in my house.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

I recommend you DONT buy Sharp microwave ovens

I am very disappointed with this MW - I paid $240 for it April 2015. Performance was fine till, in Sept 2016 (18 months old), it suddenly completely stopped working- unit apparently not getting any power. I found all the complaints about this model on line &, as they recommended, rang Sharp 1300 135 022. Their only advice was to throw it in the bin - would cost too much to attempt to repair it. No other assistance ort advice offered. Extremely disappointing - Sharp clearly now have little regard for maintaining their previous good name.

Date PurchasedApr 2015