Okay for a while
Purchased 2014 and has done a reasonable job. Two days ago arced and has a large burn mark. Was told by Sharp to take to local agent for assessment. Took microwave in, agent opened door and said he would have to have a closer inspection before telling Sharp what the problem was and if they would ok it to be fixed. He then told me if Sharp decided not to fix it it would cost me $154 for the inspection. Not happy so will not buy Sharp again.
Purchased in March 2014 at The Good Guys Physical store for $242.00.
Purchased from Harvey Norman yesterday a new microwave. Took it home, plugged it in, not working. Travelled another 35mins to return it from Montville to Maroochydore, the m/w was replaced, no problems with an apology. All good and working. Today I selected a recipe from the manual, moist carrot cake, followed the recipe to a T. When it was finished, half of the door is "fogged out". Rang Customer service, was told this was normal because of the high moisture content. "Just keep the door open for 1 to 2 hours".......WHAT......... Have always had Sharp Carousel M/W, not happy with this new one
Door has melted!
We have only ever owned Sharp microwaves, 3 in total. Our second replaced a perfectly working 4 year old white unit and was purchased only because we wanted to update our look to stainless steel. The second oven lasted an incredible 16 years! When it finally died we didn’t even consider buying another brand. Unfortunately that has proven to be an error in judgement. We have had this unit for approx 2 and a half years. After a year or so we noticed a scorch mark on the inside of the door. As it was no longer under warranty we just decided to li...ve with it. The burn stayed the same size for a long time but this week ( for no obvious reason) it has become larger and now the area has completely melted. It looks unsafe to use and now we are up for another microwave in a very unacceptable amount of time :(
Disappointing! Failed after 3 month.
We bought R395YBK in 2016 to replace our aging Sharp R350 which worked flawlessly for 10 years and was happily Gumtreed to two uni students. Our expectation was that R395YBK would last as long - we were wrong. After 3 month of use we heard loud bang with sparks during operation. Turned it off and found large burn marks on the left bottom side of the door and casing. Door plastic melted badly. Apparently quite a few people saw the same with their units. Contacted Sharp customer service, got it fixed under warranty - service centre ended up repl...acing door (apparently technician told that issue with the door was the reason for this failure) and entire casing. After repairs microwave was running OK for another year and a half, but yesterday went out with another loud bang and arcing. Turned it off - the same thing again: large burn marks on the left bottom side of the door and casing. Doesn't look safe to operate. I am assuming that getting it fixed would mean replacing burned door and case again. Being out of warranty now means buying new microwave would be probably cheaper. Was high opinion of Sharp microwaves before due to their reliability and ease of use, but would probably stay away from Sharp brand as their quality seemed to decline in recent years.
Poor lifespan similar complaints recorded.
Microwave oven is only 22 months old. It has started to make sparking noises when in use. We have noticed burn marks between the door and the frame. We are now worried about using the appliances. Suspect it is definitely on its way out. 5th Sharp microwave oven we have owned. The last 2 have had a short life. Losing confidence in the quality of Sharp Microwaves.
Only lasted 5 years
Purchased original microwave May 2013. My parents and my husband’s parents recommended a Sharp Microwave due to reputation for quality and they have both had Sharp Microwaves for 15 + years. Used only lightly to reheat meals 1-3 times per week. As other reviewers have mentioned, the microwave also has burn marks / rust on inside of the door. Our family are very disappointed with the failure after only 5years of very light use. We asked an electrician friend if it could be fixed and he said it was cheaper to buy another one. Disappointed that this will contribute to landfill after only 5 years of light use. Not good for the environment!
Microwave only Lasted 4 Years
Purchased original microwave March 2014. Used it only to cook porridge and rice, and re-heat cups of tea. It is now inoperative and does not heat at all. Also experienced arcing and a burn on inside of the door. Very disappointed with failure after only 4 years of very light use.
We replaced it in last week (April 2018) with the same model; however, the new item constantly buzzes loudly - even when the oven is not in use!
Will be very unlikely to purchase another Sharp product after these experiences.
Not very happy
Has always been difficult to select the buttons, very frustrating. The microwave is also very loud, although it is well built. Would probably have been ok if the buttons worked smoothly and easily. The features are not easy to use, there seems to be a particular sequence that you need to know to make some of them work. I have used much easier and better looking microwave ovens,
W I S H. I. N E V E R. B O U G H T. T H I S.
and bought a Samsung one instead for our new place. Oh well lesson learnt. The stainless steel is nice but is a bit dull compared with other brands and models
Purchased this microwave on 16/8/16 and last night it tripped my house switch. When the power was put back on the microwave was dead. Just over 2 years use. Not good enough! Luckily my local store was happy to help out with a replacement oven at an extremely low price!
Bought this product in 2014. I used this product a great deal, however last week when I went to re-heat some food, I head what sounded like a fuse blown. Everything went blank so I've been unable to use it again. Appears to be a common occurrence since reading these reviews.
Loved it but just died.
I loved this microwave. It did everything you expect. It was easy to clean, quick to heat. I bought it in Nov 2015 after my kitchen was renovated. Everything was fine and was working at lunch time but then stopped just before my sister's birthday dinner. The screen is blank. The problem I have is that I can't find the receipt. I would have expected a microwave to last longer then just over 2 years..
Was a great microwave until recently
I have loved our microwave that we bought 18months ago until the last 3 times ive used it. It has now started rubbing around the bottom door seal and has sparked a few times whilst being in use. Im concerned to use it anymore and now has black burn marks on the door and microwave. I dont understand this fault for such an expensive microwave. Im upset that i cant find the receipt and to hear its out of warranty as this can cause a house fire if left to run.
Great when working but went kaput too soon.
Purchased brand new at the start of 2014. Has worked well since then (except for a couple of times cooking rice where it would cut out unexpectedly) but has now stopped working. Display is blank, doesn’t work on different power points, don’t know what to do apart from perhaps replacing the fuse but don’t want to fiddle and break something.
Very disappointing as it is just before Xmas and is obviously needed greatly!
While I was reheating some potatoes I heard a load bang and the microwave was on fire. Luckily I was able to put the fire out and my kids were at a safe distance away. The microwave inside roof is concaved. Very scary and the microwave is under a year old. Anyone else have this problem?
Questions & Answers
can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.
Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.
Where is the fuse located
Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.
Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives
|Features||Child Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking||Child Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking|
|Dimensions||310 x 520 x 442 mm||310 x 520 x 442 mm|
|Turntable Diameter||320 mm||329 mm|
|Power||1,200 W||1,200 W|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)||1 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel||Black Stainless Steel|
|Release date||Sept 2011||Jan 2012|
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.