Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Buying Guide Banner

Davey
DaveySouth East Queensland, QLD

Okay for a while

Purchased 2014 and has done a reasonable job. Two days ago arced and has a large burn mark. Was told by Sharp to take to local agent for assessment. Took microwave in, agent opened door and said he would have to have a closer inspection before telling Sharp what the problem was and if they would ok it to be fixed. He then told me if Sharp decided not to fix it it would cost me $154 for the inspection. Not happy so will not buy Sharp again.

Purchased in March 2014 at The Good Guys Physical store for $242.00.

Margaret
MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very dissapointed

Purchased from Harvey Norman yesterday a new microwave. Took it home, plugged it in, not working. Travelled another 35mins to return it from Montville to Maroochydore, the m/w was replaced, no problems with an apology. All good and working. Today I selected a recipe from the manual, moist carrot cake, followed the recipe to a T. When it was finished, half of the door is "fogged out". Rang Customer service, was told this was normal because of the high moisture content. "Just keep the door open for 1 to 2 hours".......WHAT......... Have always had Sharp Carousel M/W, not happy with this new one

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Angela B
Angela BMount Gambier

Door has melted!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Angela, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the product. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team can assist and troubleshoot for you.

nv1970Thornleigh

Disappointing! Failed after 3 month.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the microwave. If you would still like us to contact you to assist, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi NV, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers and we are glad that you are happy with the resolution. Have a good day.

Roger JAdelaide

Poor lifespan similar complaints recorded.

Microwave oven is only 22 months old. It has started to make sparking noises when in use. We have noticed burn marks between the door and the frame. We are now worried about using the appliances. Suspect it is definitely on its way out. 5th Sharp microwave oven we have owned. The last 2 have had a short life. Losing confidence in the quality of Sharp Microwaves.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Roger, we are concerned to hear of your experience but thank you for taking your replacement microwave in for inspection. We will pass on your comments and feedback to product managers for their review. Thank you

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Only lasted 5 years

Purchased original microwave May 2013. My parents and my husband’s parents recommended a Sharp Microwave due to reputation for quality and they have both had Sharp Microwaves for 15 + years. Used only lightly to reheat meals 1-3 times per week. As other reviewers have mentioned, the microwave also has burn marks / rust on inside of the door. Our family are very disappointed with the failure after only 5years of very light use. We asked an electrician friend if it could be fixed and he said it was cheaper to buy another one. Disappointed that this will contribute to landfill after only 5 years of light use. Not good for the environment!

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Emma, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

Pee Geecanberra

Microwave only Lasted 4 Years

Purchased original microwave March 2014. Used it only to cook porridge and rice, and re-heat cups of tea. It is now inoperative and does not heat at all. Also experienced arcing and a burn on inside of the door. Very disappointed with failure after only 4 years of very light use.

We replaced it in last week (April 2018) with the same model; however, the new item constantly buzzes loudly - even when the oven is not in use!

Will be very unlikely to purchase another Sharp product after these experiences.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Pee Gee

After having the microwave checked by a service agent, Sharp provided a replacement oven. Thank you Sharp for taking the time to look after this customer.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Pee Gee, We are glad that your issue has been resolved. Have a good day.

Anna B
Anna BSydney

Not very happy

Has always been difficult to select the buttons, very frustrating. The microwave is also very loud, although it is well built. Would probably have been ok if the buttons worked smoothly and easily. The features are not easy to use, there seems to be a particular sequence that you need to know to make some of them work. I have used much easier and better looking microwave ovens,

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

SE17
SE17

Nope

W I S H. I. N E V E R. B O U G H T. T H I S.
and bought a Samsung one instead for our new place. Oh well lesson learnt. The stainless steel is nice but is a bit dull compared with other brands and models

Date PurchasedJan 2018

sue3524
sue3524AU

Expected Better

Purchased this microwave on 16/8/16 and last night it tripped my house switch. When the power was put back on the microwave was dead. Just over 2 years use. Not good enough! Luckily my local store was happy to help out with a replacement oven at an extremely low price!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Emily
EmilySydney

Microwave died

Bought this product in 2014. I used this product a great deal, however last week when I went to re-heat some food, I head what sounded like a fuse blown. Everything went blank so I've been unable to use it again. Appears to be a common occurrence since reading these reviews.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Jolanda
JolandaSydney

Loved it but just died.

I loved this microwave. It did everything you expect. It was easy to clean, quick to heat. I bought it in Nov 2015 after my kitchen was renovated. Everything was fine and was working at lunch time but then stopped just before my sister's birthday dinner. The screen is blank. The problem I have is that I can't find the receipt. I would have expected a microwave to last longer then just over 2 years..

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Megs
MegsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Was a great microwave until recently

I have loved our microwave that we bought 18months ago until the last 3 times ive used it. It has now started rubbing around the bottom door seal and has sparked a few times whilst being in use. Im concerned to use it anymore and now has black burn marks on the door and microwave. I dont understand this fault for such an expensive microwave. Im upset that i cant find the receipt and to hear its out of warranty as this can cause a house fire if left to run.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
MichaelMelbourne

Great when working but went kaput too soon.

Purchased brand new at the start of 2014. Has worked well since then (except for a couple of times cooking rice where it would cut out unexpectedly) but has now stopped working. Display is blank, doesn’t work on different power points, don’t know what to do apart from perhaps replacing the fuse but don’t want to fiddle and break something.
Very disappointing as it is just before Xmas and is obviously needed greatly!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Matt
MattPerth

Fire

While I was reheating some potatoes I heard a load bang and the microwave was on fire. Luckily I was able to put the fire out and my kids were at a safe distance away. The microwave inside roof is concaved. Very scary and the microwave is under a year old. Anyone else have this problem?

Date PurchasedNov 2016

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK reviews

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel