Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Buying Guide Banner

Janey
JaneyPort Macquarie

Only lasted three years

It was bought in September 2016 and has just suddenly stopped working. It sounds and looks the same with all the lights & beeps but just not cooking anything. Three years just seems a pretty short life expectancy.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Janey, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Tony QSydney, NSW

Turntable stopped working and microwave no longer heating

Our Sharp microwave is just over 5 years old and has suddenly stopped working. Turntable stopped working and microwave no longer heating and display does not revert to "Cooling" at end of the selected timer period. The microwave played up a few weeks ago and was not working properly but after turning it off at the mains power plug and restarting it worked ok. Last night and again today we have turned off and unplugged the power plug and attempted to heat half a cup of water for 20 seconds then a further 50 seconds, the turntable did not rotate and the water remained tepid. Can it be repaired or will this cost almost as much as a new microwave?

Purchased in July 2012 for $234.00.

Worked great until now

We bought this microwave 4-5 years ago and have been very happy with it until now.
Turned on microwave and there is white sparking coming from behind metal plate. I have read in previous posts this is arcing which seems to be a common problem. Now we are looking to replace our microwave as it seems very unsafe to use.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

JulieMerrylands

Slow wave

This micro wave is so slow just to start cooking and I don't think it speaks English or understands Aussie cooking. It is way to hot when it does eventually start. I don't think I haven't burnt any thing in it to date.. Maybe I need cooking lessons or they could come complimentary with the oven

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Julie, we are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the product. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team can assist and troubleshoot for you.

Julie

I am mistaken and you are right it is kmarts own brand I am so sorry.

Nick
Nick

So far so good

I bought this because I had owned a Sharp microwave that served my family well for over 15 years which was quite amazing. Having read some of the reviews for this model, I am a little nervous, but 2 weeks down and so far so good. It seems to cook food quicker (it's more powerful) and more evenly (it is an inverter model) which are both pluses. Given the other reviews I'll report back if anything goes wrong.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Nick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Have a good day.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Babs
BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better luck next time

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Babs, we are sorry to hear about your experience and we will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead!

Sue P
Sue PBrisbane

Great Unit...but only lasted 2 years

This is a great microwave loved it from the beginning purchased in March 2016. Unfortunately stopped heating which is very disappointing. This is our third Sharp unit the last two lasting around 10 years each. Have taken back to store of purchase they were no help because out of 12 month warranty.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Tim
TimMelbourne

Better than small microwave

It’s more powerful than 800w other brand microwave.
The noise is normal acceptable. It has so many functions, but I only use the most simplest function to heat the milk and some cool dishes. The exterior looks more high class end if you think the exterior is very important, this is the one.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Cora
CoraMelbourne

a little bit too powerful but working quite well by now

my former one got broken and I bought this from one of my classmate when she graduated. so I was quite satisfied with the price. as for its performance, it gets a little bit too powerful usually. I have to adjust the cooking time depending on my feeling and guessing. and a little bit noisy. but it is easy to use and has already preset several cooking mode to use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Find out how Sharp R395YS / R395YBK compares to other Microwaves

Has been good but died early

Has been a great microwave. Very happy with the cooking results and features. 1200 watts makes for fast results. It is a good looking appliance. Disappointed that it died at just 3 years old. Display went blank, changed the fuse, display was ok, then the fuse blew when microwave was started.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Bluey
Bluey

Sharp repaired the unit at no cost under common consumer law. Thank you Sharp.

Sharp A.Sharp

I have had my Sharp inverter Sensor cook R-395YS burning smell .

I had my microwave for 5 years now with no problems till I smelt a burning smell. I opened the door and the bottom plastic had melted So I cannot use it any more. I loved this microwave but will have to have a look for a new one. I here there is an issue with the door melting and burning as I have seen in other post

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Clint
ClintSydney, NSW

Hard to use (at first)

The new sharp microwave looks good but doesn't seem overly sturdy, after cooking the fan seems to stay on for a period of time. It's cooling ... it cooks the food well. And the light works great. I feel there are much better options out there on the market. For the price

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Elaine T
Elaine TSydney

Melting door

Our microwave is less than 12 months old, tonight part of the door melted and it left an ugly black mark and the paint has melted on the inner bottom edge. The smell was ghastly.
This is not acceptable for a product that is less than 12 months. Not happy

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Aleighr

It's alright, you get what you pay for. I love that you can change the settings for different things and foods you want to microwave and heat up. My family loves it and so do i! Good buy, it's been with us for a long time now, probably over two years

Keeps on blowing the 10A fuse after 2.5 years

The unit operated correctly and easy to use.
It keeps on blowing up the fuse though there is no apparent defect in the unit. it turns on OK but as soon as 'start' is selected power disappears (fuse blows)??
if anyone has any idea why please let me know.

r bosshard
r bosshard

I sent an email to ccare@sharp.net.au but NO response?

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK reviews

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel