Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Joby P.
Joby P.Sydney, NSW

Was an excellent microwave I ever used, very happy so far but stopped all in sudden , not happy now...

Was an excellent microwave I used ever, very happy so far but stopped all in sudden , not happy now... after 4 years, feels like such a short time and one year warranty is not so enough for such an expensive microwave, hope sharp will do something to deal with it...

Purchased in April 2015.

PiperSp
PiperSpCortlinye

Decent microwave

The dial is easy enough to get used to but the buttons feel rather cheap. Also it seems like for some reason it doesnt so a great job on heating soups. I'm not sure how this could be since our last microwave was all 1200W but thats sure what it seems like to us in the household. The sensor is a nice idea but like so many other microwaves can be very hit or miss. Nothing about it is terrible, and it looks pretty good, but it was just very underwhelming for the price compared to other microwaves.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Piper, thank you for the feedback. We will pass it on to our product managers. Have a good day.

DanniW
DanniWBrisbane

Good

This product was bought for the resident of rental unit. It is easy and handy to be used for cooking food and heating drinks. They also heat baby formula for their baby, and reflected that it is fast for ready milk. This one has good looking with metallic looking. L

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Danni, thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

RumBar
RumBarMelbourne

Going Well So Far

We have only had this two months but I am slightly nervous reading the other reviews. Ours works perfectly and we think it looks fantastic in our kitchen. We actually bought it mostly on looks which probably isn't smart but we figure Sharp is a good Japanese brand. It works very well (so far) so fingers crossed we get a long life out of it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Have a good day.

Donna KAU

Goes forever.

I have not had much luck with microwave ovens. Until now. I love the look of this one looks so neat and clean. Heats my meals up so nice. Dont really understand why microwaves are different. But this one doesnt dry my food out and it definitely hasn't blown up on me (lol) ..As I said have not had much luck with them until now. Dont think this little beauty is going to give me any trouble.
It's my baby now.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Donna, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you need any assistance in future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Have a lovely day.

Thankyou.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
JB Review
JB ReviewNsw, 2452

I like this microwave

I'm surprised by the low community rating as this machine pumps out the waves! 1200W if you didn't know is a huge amount of power and often I have to turn it down to 80%. That said, it is a solid machine and will nuke whatever you like as evenly as you could expect. Large cavity and easy clean. Good inverter technology also.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
SG1
SG1Sydney

Nothing can beat this one

When it comes to purchase a microwave dont look for any thing other than a sharp one. It will put a big smile in your face over a long period. Nothing can beat its quality or performance. It comes with lot of features that will fill all your everyday needs even for a big family.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Wizzy
WizzyNSW, 2321

Good microwave, cooks well

When I use a microwave, I don't just heat thing up in it. I actually cook meal in my microwave. I guess there are others out there that do this as well, but probably not many. In particular, I cook rice in the microwave. This microwave delivers the plumpest, fluffiest rice ever. I absolutely love it, and I certainly couldn't imagine living without it. The only way I could possibly improve on this microwave is to buy an induction microwave. That is my next stop!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

SarahK
SarahK

No problems so far!

Brought this microwave to replace my old sharp microwave and so far I haven't had any problems with it, it heats and cooks evenly and the defrost settings are great! I do however find it loud when it is cooling down, it does this even if you only hear something up for 30 seconds which is quite annoying.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Glad
GladPaddington

Love the black stainless steel style.

The whole reason I bought this one was for the classy black stainless steel style. And of course because I knew Sharp was a reliable brand. I've had this one for nearly 12 months now and love it. Use it for the smallest of things, heating milk for coffee, to cooking leftovers, to even just using the helpful timer for anything around the kitchen.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Unahppy
UnahppySydney, NSW

Looks good. Works well.

Overall this microwave works really well. It is big enough to fit anything in , but not too big to fill the kitchen space allocated to it. I have noticed that it is now taking a bit longer to heat the same cup of milk each morning. If you cook something that gives off steam, the door fogs up making it hard to see the item inside. This has led to porridge spilling over all too frequently. Overall a good product.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
D_p
D_pMelbourne

Does it's job

Cooking and reheating are quick due to the high powered microwave.
Settings are fairly standard.
Defrosting modes a bit fiddly to use.
It cools down fairly quickly.
Not very loud.
Generally sturdy.
Glass rotating plate stays in place during use.
Wide size allows wide plates and dishes to fit. No issues with it

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Magoo
MagooAdelaide

Nice design, functional and inexpensive.

Cooking is great and quick, grill functions well for pastry and meat. The loudness isn't too bad not overbearing but the reminder beeps after an item is done is annoying and cannot be disabled, consider this as am now looking for another model for this reason. Settings are unintuitive so keep the manual handy, the design is nice and modern and the price is attractive. I recommend as a no frills budget microwave and has been going strong for two years now.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
shadow
shadowfrankston

great product

Our family is quite happy with this product, it's very simple to operate and well designed, we don't even need to have a look at the manual to get it to work. when working, unlike other microwaves I used before, there isn't much noise. I just could think of any downside to it. will recommend it and glad we bought it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jitesh M
Jitesh MMelbourne

This is perfect

we were a bit reluctant because we were worried with the inverter cool-down time. there are some micro that cannot be immediately reused because of cooldown time. but very happy with this purchase. the cooldown time doesnt take too long and the micro can be used again even while its cooling.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK reviews

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel