Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

ravinder kumarSydney, NSW

Great microwave till today

Hi i purchased this microwave on 30 July 2016 and it stop working today 22 July 2019 just less than 3 years. It was working great till today. This stop heating or cooking. This was a great microwave. Love it so far but not happy now. I think one year warranty ia not enough for this expensive product. I hope sharp can repair this at no cost please. Would love to buy again.

Purchased in July 2016 at 2nds World for $260.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Ravinder, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

ravinder kumar

Thanks sharp for repairing this product.great help and customer service

Riju
RijuCanberra

Really cool

Bought this from good guys in Fyshwick we were looking for a good new microwave and the technology used in the sharp modeling is inverter technology which aids in even cooking of the food say if you are cooking meat or rice it can cause even heating and good texture the colour and look of the model is also great

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Riju, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We will pass this on to our product team.

Hayley
HayleyPENROSE

Wonderful microwave!

Great microwave at this price point. Looks great with other black appliances.We are enjoying our new microwave. It seems to cook things to perfection.Excellent product! Easy to install and great features! Very attractive on my countertop! Would recommend to anyone in the market for a countertop microwave!It works well and functions as noted. We were very pleased with the purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

Jan S
Jan STraralgon East

Great microwave

Love this microwave and use it all the time. Heats and cooks evenly..I also purchased one for each of my sons..highly recommend. It not only compliments my kitchen but works well to.. It is easy to clean and not to bulky. It was also a reasonable price. You won't be disappdisappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jan, thank you for the lovely feedback. We will pass it on to our product managers. Have a good day.

Skyej
Skyej

Amaziing

This product is the best thing since sliced bread. i cannot believe how well this item works, i read the manual and it is one of the easiest microwaves out there to use. the price is great too i will deff keep buying this brand of appliance, just amazing :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Skyej, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Renee
ReneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellently

This microwave is durable, I have had mine for over 5 years now. The power of this microwave is stronger than others. I find I need minimal time to heat or cook anything, which is a blessing with a busy young family. I am very happy with mine. The model number may not be accurate but the description is correct.

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Renee, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

Lily
Lilysydney

good

bought it about a year ago to use in my little coffee shop, so far does a good job, no dramas at all. easy to clean and not making too much noise when heating things compared to the LG one l used at home. black stainless steel looks very stylish. a no regret buy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lily, That is great news! It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave. Cheers!

Duckers
Duckersmelbourne

Lovely Stylish Microwave

I am delighted with this Sharp microwave. It absolutely suits the decor in my kitchen and looks head and shoulders better than any other model that I could see. It is finished in a stylish smoked stainless steel and has very simple, clearly laid out menus. It cooks quick as a flash, much faster than our old one due to the inverter system and I am still getting used to the correct timing. I am very pleased with it..

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the microwave.

MumOfBoysAdelaide

This is a 'cradle to the grave' brand for me

Grew up with an early version of Sharp Carousel (90s), the hubby owned one before we got married and then we used it for many years, and this recent purchase in the last few years, is even better with the Inverter. So happy with the even cooking, defrosting and reheating of things. Mainly use it for steaming vegetables, reheating dinners, defrosting meat, and occasionally nuking ice-cream for 8-seconds so it's a little bit melted. They have improved the button choices (or just updated with the times) but most food types are covered off that you'd want to put in the microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear MumOfBoys, we are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

TonyLaunceston, TAS

A great and power microwave, with so many functions and features

I have had that in my rental (yes, lucky) for a few years before I moved into my own tiny apartment, and I loved it thus just bought one after moving in. It is a bit expensive for sure, but that 1200 W inverter is definitely quick and powerful, saves quite a bit of time, and the build quality is good enough, so in my opinion, it was worth it.

Features and Functions: Though I have used it for 4 years, I haven't tried all the functions, I would mainly use the quick 60s one, as I know what I am cooking/preparing.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tony, We are glad that you enjoy using our microwave. Have a great day ahead!

Tony

That's a quick response. Indeed I have loved it so far, for about 4-5 years, so that's great. Just hope it would last.

One suggestion, if you could integrate the time saving into your clock, it would be great..

Riversdale28
Riversdale28

Modern, sleek microwave

After moving home, my old sharp microwave didn't fit the kitchen cabinet. My new Sharp R395YS is totally modern, swish and fits with the rest of the kitchen fittings. I have only ever had Sharp microwaves, and can't fault their functionality and cooking. I have simply even more options than ever with the new one.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good Stuff!

Perfect device ever
I using it at my kitchen for work and always happy with it much better than bigw or k mart stuffs.
noise not too bad, medium scale and not too heavy
nice steel and black design and easy buttons on it but little bit hard to click the buttons

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Kay
KayAdelaide

Great replacement

I’ve stuck with Sharp products over the years. However, I had another brand and it only lasted 2 years! The Sharp microwave is simple to use and quick. Being and inverter microwave means it cooks food evenly. It is easy to use too. The stainless steel option looks good, but needs to be wiped often, which isn’t a hassle.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
shelly
shellyMelbourne

perfect

The microwave is nice and pwoerful.
There are plenty of setting some of which I am still have to read the manual to work out
The microwave is not incredibly loud but there is quite a bit of noise
The microwave is very sturdy.
I had one and then it died and got it replaced from Harvey Norman and my second one still works...going on 10 years now

Date PurchasedMay 2007

Beautiful
BeautifulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great microwave

The cooking function of the microwave is good, my husband and I cooked some store bought pies in the microwave, they turned out well with a crispy pastry. I also find the settings and features easy to understand, they just took a bit time to get used to the new functions and the way they work as the previous microwave was really old and functioned differently. The microwave operates very quietly and the noise creates little distribution to whatever activities I am conducting at the time, the microwave is very well built as well as being light weight.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK reviews

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

surinder s.
surinder s.asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Surinder
I had Sharp oven for 8 years before I bought today Sharp 1200W inverter sensor oven from Good Guys. I am disappointed by fan cooling which was not there in my previous oven and am scared to read many negative comments and life less than 2 years. Where is company reputation. Why is this function in new ovens and why ovens stop to function so early.

Colin S.

Our Sharp 1200W inverter sensor has just expired after 6 years of steady use. On removing it from the cavity where it sits I found the microwave cabinet quite hot. At the rear of the unit there was dust/debri blocking the mesh inlet for the cooling fan inside the back. The space in which the microwave is expected to 'look nice' is not ventilated and my assumption is that the magnetron has overheated and is 'cooked'. I will now fit a ventilator fan in the back of the cavity to send cool air to the rear of the microwave, and will be removing and cleaning the back of it more often. I could replace the magnetron and ceramic fuse in minutes, but overenthusiastic family went on line and bought a Samsung unit without telling me. So, I guess this excellent appliance will be scrapped. Not Sharp's fault. The space where it fits has no air flow. You need good air flow around these appliances if you want trouble free use.

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel