Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK (page 2 of 2)

R395YS (Stainless Steel), R395YBK (Black Stainless Steel)
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

TBunny
TBunnyMelbourne

i like it

i got a new microwave after my last one broke down. i decided to go with this microwave. i like the look of the microwave and i find that it is easy to use. another bonus feature is that if you want to heat something up quickly without setting the time, you just click on the start button and it will automatically set to 1min cooking one. each click of the start button will add another minute so thats a good feature.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
samdownunder
samdownunderSydney, NSW

Nothing beats Sharp

having a small place to fit our microwave , the Sharp was perfect . It is really simple to use and does not need much learning. We have been a sharp microwave customer for almost 15 years and only had to upgrade twice. This model is quite silent compared to the other panasonic model we use. The large diameter makes it easy to warm bigger items

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Other Microwaves

Linda
LindaMELBOURNE

Love my new microwave

I recently purchased a Sharp microwave after always buying Panasonic. I was really disappointed with my last Panasonic as the door was really difficult to close and also the window was very dark and difficult to see through (porridge overflowed). This new sharp has a brighter window on the door and the door opens and closes easily. The layout is easy to understand. It cooks food quicker than my last Panasonic as it is a higher wattage(1200Watt). Time will tell on the durability of the product but so far I am impressed.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R395YS / R395YBK compares to other Microwaves

Cath
Cath

Very happy with this Microvawe

This is the third Sharp Microvawe I've owned. First one lasted 12 years. Second one lasted 8 years. Not bad as it was frequently used, therefore I wanted to replace with a sharp again. This new one is virtually identical to my previous one except this new one has a cooling function after use, which some people seem to have a problem with. Doesn't bother me and hopefully will prevent the rusting around the door edge that I got with my previous Microvawe. Very powerful. Auto functions work really well. Love the quick start function. Very happy so far!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
RS
RSSydney, NSW

I love it!

I've been using it for only 2 weeks but so far, I love it. It's very powerful, it's easy to use and the only complaint I have is that there's no defrost function I can use for a couple of slices of bread. The sensor defrost functions allow for much larger amounts of food. But, I just use the normal cooking function for 20 secs or so. The cooling fan that everyone complains about really doesn't bother me at all. It's 10 secs for heaven's sake and really not loud at all.

Sharp A.Sharp

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Very happy with my purchase

Mumbot2000
Mumbot2000Adelaide

Fantastic microwave

We previously had a sharp carousel microwave that lasted us 18years so we replaced it with another model. I love the sensor function, stewing fruit and cooking hard vegetables is so quick and simple. I find the cooling function really annoying as it is quite noisy and also the continuous beeping if the heated item is not removed from the microwave immediately can get annoying.
Reliable, easy options
Cooling function very noisy, beeping when food not removed immediately

Zedex
ZedexAU

Works as expected - only much quicker.

Nice and quiet, very fast at cooking. Looks great in our kitchen with the other S/S appliances. We have only had it for a few weeks so we are still getting used to the 'thermo nuclear' reheats in a fraction of the time cooking style. Will re-write if anything else pops up.
Very quick and quiet.
Nothing to report - at this stage (2 weeks)

Other Microwaves

Angie basked
R395YS / R395YBK

I just used my microwave to heat a curry for less than 2 minutes, I removed the curry and then put in the pappadums and after about 10 seconds the microwave made a small explosion noise and lit up. I opened the door and there was a small amount of smoke coming from the metal plate on the right hand inside wall. I took my chances and let it cook for another 30 seconds and it worked but when I opened it again I saw black burn marks on the metal plate that I was speaking about where the smoke was coming from. I am too scared to use it again, what could it be.

Peter V.
Peter V.

Much the same with mine. Smoke and black marks inside. I expected it to last more than a couple of years

Angie b

I am presuming that you threw it out? I am so disappointed with it.

Muscat
Muscat asked
R395YS / R395YBK

Hi, my SHARP microwave beepsand marks END but the fan is still going. What should i do?

Lydell
Lydellasked
R395YS / R395YBK

can you please tell me where I can purchase a new waveguide for this model

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS / R395YBK

Compare both Sharp R395YS / R395YBK
Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

2.2
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $369.00$419.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock, Inverter and Sensor Cooking
Dimensions 310 x 520 x 442 mm310 x 520 x 442 mm
Turntable Diameter320 mm329 mm
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel