Sharp R67B1S

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.0

Rusted

I brought this sharp microwave a few years ago and it is rusted inside and on top were you open the door. I have never used any chemicals so not sure why this has happened. This would not be good for your health if this is rusting inside. I have sent an email with details and photos but need to have my proof of purchase. Really it's your brand sharp. Its quite disturbing to see so many other customers with the same issue . A replacement on another microwave would be a start dont you think
    Not happy

Date PurchasedJan 2016

SharboRiverland

Tripped my power out

This microwave is terrible at defrost, you could put meat in for 5min defrost and it does virtually nothing. It rusted out after a year on the inside and by 18months old it was tripping my power out and had to be thrown out for safety. Don't buy. I will never buy SHARP again and this could've been dangerous, lucky my safety switches clicked in as its a fairly new house.

Sharbo

I’ve contacted Shar twice over your website contact details and been ignored on both occasions. Hence, this review as I tried to deal with Sharp company directly first.

Rust!!

Terrible rust throughout the whole microwave despite being fastidious with cleaning. Unsure whether we should continue to use the product as rust is extensive on door and around bottom inside of unit. It is otherwise a great microwave and I like the drop down door as the position our microwave sits in doesn’t suit standard left hand opening microwaves.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
    Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R67B1S compares to other Microwaves

Ric FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just over 12 months old and rusted

Bought this because the home we purchased meant our existing left hinged door microwave was dangerous. Bad move. Today I thought I saw a food spill on the case inside the door. It is very badly rusted and further, the door itself is bubbling with rust. To have this occur after just over 12 months is disgusting. It looks like a rubbish bin solution as the rust is quite advanced. Second time burned with Sharp- another microwave I bought had a a non-working magnetron. Never again. Cheap and nasty.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

ok. I'll do that.

Works OK but rusting.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
    Sev

SevBrisbane

Great price/value ratio, use grill every day

It was a great microwave oven hugely discounted in masters (I had mine for $85!). Not even close in price to the other basic ones sold elsewhere. Yet it is a great solid product, design is OK (not fancy but its modern). Great powerful grill I use everyday for sausages, mushrooms, meat etc. Highly recommend.

Kym

Kymasked

Hi, I need to buy this design with the drop-down door in white black and silver to match my kit but am concerned about the rust issues with this model. Can you advise of another model at about the same price range, please? Regards from Kym kstewart1@aapt.net.au

Des

Desasked

Hi my sharp R67B1W was working fine then last night while I was using it it blew the power must have a short can this be fixed? Was only on for about 5 mins tried it again in another power point blew the power again but only after couple mins use if you plug in lights up OK

Hi Des,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further about this matter. If you could please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 528223, a member of our team can assist and work towards a satisfactory resolution for you.

Kind regards,
    Sharp Australia

blenda

blendaasked

Hi,
    I have the opportunity to buy this from Masters for $99. I don't have the 150mm clearance above the microwave cabinet. I have 650mm clearance at the sides and about 80mm at the rear. I also have a cavity at the rear to vent to if needed. It would be mostly used to microwave and only occasionally to briefly grill. Will this suffice?

Hi Blenda,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this review and customer reference number - 497294. A member of our team will assist you accordingly.

Kind regards,
    Sharp Australia

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves