Sharp R890

Sharp R890 Questions & Answers

R890EST, R890EW, R890NS, etc...
Listing monitored by Sharp

13 questions from our users

Margaret
Margaretasked
R890EST

How do I get good roast vegetables in my R890est which just does not roast.
Margaret

Pauline M.asked
R890

Noting previous issue on a review for the Sharp R890E inverter microwave. I am having the same issue with significant condensation build up on microwave function. Any info to resolve would be appreciated.

Wales
Wales

I haven't found any solution....just wouldn't buy Sharp microwave ever again.

Keith D
Keith D

I got mine looked at by the Sharp Repair Agent in my area and he said that it functions normally and that condensation is a result of cooking food in a microwave. I realize that condensation is expected, it's just the way in which this microwave deals with it (or doesn't deal with it more to the point). There is no ventilation to push out/disperse the condensation, leaving it to just build up inside of the microwave.

Pauline M.

Agree… condensation is logical but not to this extent!
Have to say it’s disappointing. It’s the first time I have purchased a Sharp convection microwave and probably my last :(

Mariam M.
Mariam M.asked

price of Sharp R890

gbrownie
gbrownieasked
R890EST

I’ve got this microwave and considering returning it, we replaced a sharp that died after years of good use. It would heat a cup of milk within 1minute (1200w inverter)
This 1100w convection/ inverter takes a good 2m30s to heat that same cup of milk
What on earth am I doing wrong?
We also have meal prep lunches that used to cook within 1m30s now we put in for 2m30sec and the center of the food is cold
Have we got a dud?
We are just using the basic microwave functions none of the bells and whistles

Darryl cowieasked
R890EST

How much clearance do need in a cabinet for this microwave

How much clearance do need for the sharp R890est convection microwave

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Darryl, thank you for contacting us. Please find below the information as per the operational manual.
For R-890E(W)/(ST)/(BS): Allow a space of at least 40cm on the top, 5cm on both sides and at the rear of the
oven for adequate air circulation.
When installing in a cabinet, the minimum inside dimension of the cabinet should be 620mm(W) x 715mm(H) x 560mm(D).

Cate S.
Cate S.asked
R890

The programmed convection cooking temperature does not show when the 'fan forced conv.' pad is pressed as per the manual. In other words one has no idea what the temperature is after the preheat has finished. This is the second R890 I have had where this fault has been an issue. I have had this unit for 5days and live in remote country. Please advise. thank you. Kate

PeteE

Sorry Kate cant help with that. Perhaps best to contact Sharp directly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Cate, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this question for assistance.

Sandraasked
R890EBS

would this microwave be easy for a person in their 90`s to learn to use please?

PeteE

I Have the sharp R890N(S) which has lots of options. Something simpler may be better.

Sandra

Thank you. I will take your advice and look into something simpler for her.

Mann
Mannasked

Could you please tell me what error code '' E - 5 " mean? Thank you

PeteE

Never had that, suggest you contact Sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Mann, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this question for assistance.

Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.asked
R890

need new metal turntable tray

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jennifer, thank you for contacting us. You can purchase spare parts for your Sharp R890 from a Sharp approved spare parts distributor. Please visit the link below to find a spare parts distributor in your state https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets. Have a good day.

Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.asked
R890

can you get new metal turntable

Don’t know. Ours is still fine so haven’t needed one. Best to contact Sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Mary, thank you for contacting us. You can purchase spare parts for your Sharp R890 from a Sharp approved spare parts distributor. Please visit the link below to find a spare parts distributor in your state https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets. Have a good day.

Heidi H.
Heidi H.asked
R890

R890S Can you put metal in it?

Marcela
Marcelaasked
R890NS

I bought a Sharp R-890 (st) Can you tell how to defrost? I had followed the manual instruction and didn't work

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Marcela, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback, so they can troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Bal
Balasked
R890NS

It's not rotating nor heating, any ideas?

Hi Bal,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this CRN 494513, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Kind Regards,
Sharp Australia

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R890