Sharp R995DST

Glenda F.asked

Sharp R995d, what is the best position to roast and bake please

Sharon N.
Sharon N.asked

Hi I have a Sharp 995SD & when I use it on Convection I've noticed that the grill burners come on every now & again then go off, Is this normal ?

Mike
Mike

Probably, the heating elements most likely go on and off as they get up to heat then cool down within a ten or so degree temperature range. It's common of many ovens with a simple thermostat.

PaulF
PaulFasked

Why doesn't the microwave have a setting to cook roast beef, only pork is on there? Doesn't anybody cook beef in a convection microwave?

Cara
Caraasked

We got our sharp microwave oven 3 months short of two years ago. Just switched it on today and it caused one of the household fuses to blow. Now when we try to use the microwave it doesn't heat and the carousel doesn't rotate, but the fan goes and the countdown goes.

Any ideas what could have caused it and whether it's fixable?

David Mauger

It is definitely fixable. Contact SHARP Australia.

Terry Hasked

I have a sharpe convention microwave ( brought it on Dec 2019 ) and when doing rice it fogs up and even the clock area fogs up , it takes 4-5 hrs for the fog to disappear . Why is this or is it a problem with the microwave

David Mauger

It is definitely an issue with the Unit.

Terry H

Thanks I have taken it to a sharpe serviceman and I will see what he comes up with .

Val M.
Val M.asked

How can I cook for 25 seconds on microwave.

You're kidding, yes?
I mean REALLY?
Maybe If you're actually capable, try Setting for 30 seconds and press Stop/Cancel with 5 seconds remaining.

ingrid
ingrid

How about pressing 10 seconds twice and 1 second 5 times = 25 !!!

Judy N.
Judy N.asked

I purchased this microwave yesterday when I tried to use the microwave I followed the instructions for a 5minute cook and it stopped after 1minute to get it to cook for 5 I ad to hit the start in pad each minute, I did follow the instructions

David Mauger

It is a KNOWN Fault, contact SHARP Australia, they replaced mine without Question.

Steve Wallis
Steve Wallisasked

Where can I buy a turntable for my Sharp R-995DST convection microwave as I dropped the turntable and broke it. It was a stone turntable 362mm diameter and I haven't been able to source one anywhere.

Dave

Sorry to hear, reminds me to be careful. Surprised that makers cannot provide

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Steve, you can contact a Spare parts distributor in your state to purchase the turntable. Please visit the following link to find the contact details. https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets

Steve Wallis
Steve Wallisasked

Where can I buy a turntable for my Sharp convection microwave as I dropped the turntable and broke it. It was a stone turntable 362mm diameter and I haven't been able to source one anywhere.

Caroasked

I have a major problem with this oven. I try to bake on convention and after 45 min its still raw. I have tried all diff ways to no avail. Not happy

Dave

Never had a problem like that, preheat the oven an it has to work

Caro

Wrong!!, In the end I tried 3 times = 4 hrs later, hot oven but still 1/2 raw wouldnt recommend to anyone 2 yrs old and $1200 later, a bad investment

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Caro, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to us at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

beau2
beau2asked

what do i cook baked vegetables on. ie convection, mix cooking etc. in my sharp R995D microwave

Microwave for 3-4 mins then brush with oil then bake 180-190 till looks good

Mary-Ann R.
Mary-Ann R.asked

Our sharp convection microwave R995DST stopped cooking mid cook. We noticed the carousel was not turning. Does not appear to be working on convection or microwave. Display and internal light working. Any suggestions?

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Mary-Ann, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, to discuss this further with our Customer Care team..

Berry J.
Berry J.asked

I have just purchased the R-995D and was using it on convection when I touched the wooden bench surface it was sitting on. It was so hot it had me worried that it may catch on fire. The heat is being blown onto the bench surface from under the oven. Is this normal or is it a fault? Also had a sharp convection that was 20 years old that I used for microwaving and convection cooking every day. It was the reason I chose another sharp. Really disappointed.

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Berry, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

George Teare
George Teareasked

how do i get rid of the condensation from inside glass I haveaSharp Convection Microwave R-995DST

Fliss
Fliss

I had that happen, but it just went away on it’s own. Hasn’t happened again.

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi George, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will assist and troubleshoot for you accordingly.

Rachel H
Rachel Hasked

At the end of cooking whether grill or convection it makes a pretty loud bang its that normal??

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Rachel, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, so they can troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Frankylouasked

How do I cook a 1.5kg half lamb roast with convection cooking in my Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave Oven please? I can’t find my manual or recipe book. I think it’s about 5 years old. Thanks
Frances

Frankylou

Thank you Sharp, it turned out perfectly

Fran
Franasked

I have just bought this microwave as I wanted to update from my 12 year old Sharp Carousel which is still going by the way. I had to take it back after a couple of days as the convection program wouldn't work properly I put a piece of fish in to cook for 25 mins and after a few minutes it stopped cooking and I had to press start again this went on for the 25 minutes until I got the fish cooked. I took it back to Harvey Norman and got a new one, now this one seems to be doing the same, I put something in to cook for 20 mins it stopped cooking after 9 mins, am I doing something wrong or is there some fault with the convection program in this model ?? I bought this as I was very happy with my other Sharp product. This is not a el cheapo, it's quite an expensive microwave and I was hoping that I would get one as good as the Sharp Carousel.

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Fran, thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. They will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Q.P.
Q.P.asked

Purchased this oven,no longer have receipt re model no. WHY cannot I program it to cook on 170C when there is no such number, recipes call for this heat and like so many other numbers they are NOT there, not wanting to cook everything on 270c, had a Sharpe for years,no problem,this model is eitherR-995DST or R-995D(W) Please help
Dont want to have to buy another brand. Barbara McDonald [detail removed]
Regards
Barbara.

James
Jamesasked

New R-995DST combo oven makes a rattly sound when cooking. Also, stops cooking after 1 minute regardless of time entered. Doesn't finish, just stops cooking and displays remaining time. Does this on all modes - microwave, grill, and convection. Is this a defective unit?

Jim

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi James, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. Our team will assist you accordingly.

Graham
Grahamasked

Why does the door fog up in between the two glass panels only had it a since 27/7/18 cannot see what is going on with the food?

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Graham, we encourage you to contact our customer care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. They will be able to troubleshoot and assist with your issue.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Other Microwaves