Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST

29 questions from our users

Cara

Caraasked

We got our sharp microwave oven 3 months short of two years ago. Just switched it on today and it caused one of the household fuses to blow. Now when we try to use the microwave it doesn't heat and the carousel doesn't rotate, but the fan goes and the countdown goes.

Any ideas what could have caused it and whether it's fixable?

David Mauger

It is definitely fixable. Contact SHARP Australia.

Terry Hasked

I have a sharpe convention microwave ( brought it on Dec 2019 ) and when doing rice it fogs up and even the clock area fogs up , it takes 4-5 hrs for the fog to disappear . Why is this or is it a problem with the microwave

David Mauger

It is definitely an issue with the Unit.

Terry H

Thanks I have taken it to a sharpe serviceman and I will see what he comes up with .

Val M.

Val M.asked

How can I cook for 25 seconds on microwave.

You're kidding, yes?
I mean REALLY?
Maybe If you're actually capable, try Setting for 30 seconds and press Stop/Cancel with 5 seconds remaining.

Judy N.

Judy N.asked

I purchased this microwave yesterday when I tried to use the microwave I followed the instructions for a 5minute cook and it stopped after 1minute to get it to cook for 5 I ad to hit the start in pad each minute, I did follow the instructions

David Mauger

It is a KNOWN Fault, contact SHARP Australia, they replaced mine without Question.

Steve Wallis

Steve Wallisasked

Where can I buy a turntable for my Sharp R-995DST convection microwave as I dropped the turntable and broke it. It was a stone turntable 362mm diameter and I haven't been able to source one anywhere.

Dave

Sorry to hear, reminds me to be careful. Surprised that makers cannot provide

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Steve, you can contact a Spare parts distributor in your state to purchase the turntable. Please visit the following link to find the contact details. https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/spare-parts-outlets

Steve Wallis

Steve Wallisasked

Where can I buy a turntable for my Sharp convection microwave as I dropped the turntable and broke it. It was a stone turntable 362mm diameter and I haven't been able to source one anywhere.

Caroasked

I have a major problem with this oven. I try to bake on convention and after 45 min its still raw. I have tried all diff ways to no avail. Not happy

Dave

Never had a problem like that, preheat the oven an it has to work

Caro

Wrong!!, In the end I tried 3 times = 4 hrs later, hot oven but still 1/2 raw wouldnt recommend to anyone 2 yrs old and $1200 later, a bad investment

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Caro, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to us at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

beau2

beau2asked

what do i cook baked vegetables on. ie convection, mix cooking etc. in my sharp R995D microwave

Microwave for 3-4 mins then brush with oil then bake 180-190 till looks good

Mary-Ann R.

Mary-Ann R.asked

Our sharp convection microwave R995DST stopped cooking mid cook. We noticed the carousel was not turning. Does not appear to be working on convection or microwave. Display and internal light working. Any suggestions?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Mary-Ann, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, to discuss this further with our Customer Care team..

Berry J.

Berry J.asked

I have just purchased the R-995D and was using it on convection when I touched the wooden bench surface it was sitting on. It was so hot it had me worried that it may catch on fire. The heat is being blown onto the bench surface from under the oven. Is this normal or is it a fault? Also had a sharp convection that was 20 years old that I used for microwaving and convection cooking every day. It was the reason I chose another sharp. Really disappointed.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Berry, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

George Teare

George Teareasked

how do i get rid of the condensation from inside glass I haveaSharp Convection Microwave R-995DST

Fliss
Fliss

I had that happen, but it just went away on it’s own. Hasn’t happened again.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi George, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will assist and troubleshoot for you accordingly.

Rachel H

Rachel Hasked

At the end of cooking whether grill or convection it makes a pretty loud bang its that normal??

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Rachel, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, so they can troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Frankylouasked

How do I cook a 1.5kg half lamb roast with convection cooking in my Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave Oven please? I can’t find my manual or recipe book. I think it’s about 5 years old. Thanks
Frances

Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Frank, please feel free to follow the following steps. Also, the operation manuals are available on the Sharp website for download.

1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Season the lamb lightly if desired.
3) Place the lamb onto the rack.
4) Bake for 25 -27 minutes per 500g of lamb. ( for 1.5kg approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes).
5) Turn the lamb over half way through cooking.
6) After cooking allow the lamb to rest for 15 – 25 minutes.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Have a good day.

Frankylou

Thank you Sharp, it turned out perfectly

Fran

Franasked

I have just bought this microwave as I wanted to update from my 12 year old Sharp Carousel which is still going by the way. I had to take it back after a couple of days as the convection program wouldn't work properly I put a piece of fish in to cook for 25 mins and after a few minutes it stopped cooking and I had to press start again this went on for the 25 minutes until I got the fish cooked. I took it back to Harvey Norman and got a new one, now this one seems to be doing the same, I put something in to cook for 20 mins it stopped cooking after 9 mins, am I doing something wrong or is there some fault with the convection program in this model ?? I bought this as I was very happy with my other Sharp product. This is not a el cheapo, it's quite an expensive microwave and I was hoping that I would get one as good as the Sharp Carousel.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Fran, thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. They will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Q.P.

Q.P.asked

Purchased this oven,no longer have receipt re model no. WHY cannot I program it to cook on 170C when there is no such number, recipes call for this heat and like so many other numbers they are NOT there, not wanting to cook everything on 270c, had a Sharpe for years,no problem,this model is eitherR-995DST or R-995D(W) Please help
Dont want to have to buy another brand. Barbara McDonald [detail removed]
Regards
Barbara.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Barbara, Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. Our team will troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

James

Jamesasked

New R-995DST combo oven makes a rattly sound when cooking. Also, stops cooking after 1 minute regardless of time entered. Doesn't finish, just stops cooking and displays remaining time. Does this on all modes - microwave, grill, and convection. Is this a defective unit?

Jim

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi James, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. Our team will assist you accordingly.

Graham

Grahamasked

Why does the door fog up in between the two glass panels only had it a since 27/7/18 cannot see what is going on with the food?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Graham, we encourage you to contact our customer care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback. They will be able to troubleshoot and assist with your issue.

Val B

Val Basked

I purchased a Sharp convection etc instruction book has 2 models on the cover,so not sure which is which,I cannot work out how to use some of the programs,the worst so far is how to defrost,not clear instructions ,had 3 previously & never a problem before,please can you help me use my oven ?,model R-995Dst or R-995dw.Val .

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Val, Thank you for your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist and answer your questions accordingly.

Andrea Basked

I have a Sharp Carousel Microwave that I got off my Mother In Law and it’s still working well but I believe it is over 30 years old so wonder if it’s still safe to use?

sharpless
sharpless

All good. The unit is quite safe. It might be less powerful but do not throw it out. It works better than the newer ones. I wish mine that I had did not suffer a failure in the keyboard panel.

Andrea B

Thank you so much for your response, it’s a lovely large unit and the only thing that’s gone is the inside light but otherwise perfect

Pegasus
Pegasus

IMHO I believe it would be. I believe you can get them tested for leaks. I gave my daughter in law an old one and it kept working for years.

johno

johnoasked

What procedure do I to use to cook Jacket potatoes. My previous oven R-990K had frozen vegetables and jacket potato Auto Menu buttons. this new one (a R-995D(W)) has PUMPKIN risotto|???

Hi Johno, Thank you for your question. Please see the following procedure:

To cook a jacket potato in the microwave, pierce the skin of the potato a few times.
Place the potato directly onto the turntable.
Cook for 1 minute at a time on high power.
Turn the potato over half way through cooking.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, please feel free to contact us. Have a good day.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives