Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST

29 questions from our users

Lyn

Lynasked

What are the solid trays for if they are not to be used for grilling? And if you use wire trays for the convection

Hi Lyn,

In regards to the question, we encourage you to contact us at ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Pok

Pokasked

Does the control panel have a light?

Dear Pok,

Thank you for your question. The R995DST does not have a light fitted into the control panel.

Hello Pok,
No, the my microwave does not have a light on the control panel.

Carly H

Carly Hasked

HI there
We have recently purchased a Sharp R995DST microwave. The tray shakes intermittently on microwave and convection settings as it is rotating. This has been happening since we first purchased and started using 2 weeks ago. The tray is sitting properly as far as we can see. Can you advise on why this is happening?
Thanks - Carly

Mick

I am not a technician. Consult the dealer you purchased from.

Hi Carly,
I would take the microwave back to the store as it seems as though one of the wheels the tray sits on has a problem.

Hi Carly,

Thank you for your question and for contacting us. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this question and customer reference number - 529266, our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.

langers33

langers33asked

How do I cook mixed frozen vegetables in my Sharp R-995D microwave covection oven? I tried it according to the manual and they came out like rocks. My very old Panasonic I just pressd the VEGETABLES FROZEN button and they came out perfect every time.

Mick

I only use fresh veg. You can try different power levels and times till you get them how you like them.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist and answer your questions accordingly.

disappointed

Hi Langers33, I just cook the frozen vegies on sensor 2 and take them out about 60 seconds before the finish of the cycle. Then they don`t shrivel up so much by over cooking.
Hope it works for you.

Bobby

Bobbyasked

My turntable stopped spinning tonight and I don't think it's cooking microwave anymore.... what does this mean?? It's 2 months old!!

Mick

Talk to the retailer you purchased it from. I am not a technician.

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your question and for contacting us. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this question and customer reference number - 527704, our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.

Marg

Margasked

Hello need to replace my sharp convection I microwave that I have had for 23 years . Repaired twice Love it.
I use it every day. I need an oven with high mix ND low mix bake, where I can change the temp. If need be. After all these years I used the multikk cook for roast lamb perfect. I always use multi cook for roast chicken .i don't really need the large size. I want medium. my previous sharp hs sensor cook. I would like this.when I cook veggies in this oven I always put in one less serve.
Actually I bought a Panasonic combination stem oven a month ago. I am trying to sell it, could read the emblems. Didn't have mix, using micro and heat at the same time..
So can you recommend one for me? Don't want to make a mistake. I would be happy to buy a new one like I have now
Regards Margaret. [email removed]

Linda
Linda

Hi Marg, I bought my Sharp R995DST a few months ago & couldn't be happier. I have baked a few things & the results were very good, I made scones on the highest temp but found they browned to much so next time I went down lower in temp & they were perfect. My roast chicken has been perfect also. I have used a few auto cooking menus & they were great too, even the frozen thick cut potato chips. I don't cook vegetables in microwave so can't comment there. The booklet which comes with the microwave is easy to follow, it still sits on my kitchen bench as I am still learning to drive the Sharp R995DST. Good luck with your purchase. Linda

Hi Marg,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to assist you. If you could please provide your contact details via private message or email us at ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

Sunnyasked

Also, what you do mean by "we do not measure the capacity of our Microwaves in litres"?? Look at all other brand - they all show how many Litre (25, 72, 32...), it's normal to do that! If you don't tell people the size by litre, then at least, you should have the inner space measurement !! There is only the measure for the outside of the oven! So may I know the measurement for inside please?

Hi Sunny,

For your information, the literage for this model is approximately 40L. With a large turntable size of 362mm and 2 shelf rails, this allows for optimum cooking space.

Sunny

Thank you so much. It looks big enough and very close to my old one.

Sunnyasked

Hi, I'm looking for a new Convection Microwave Grill Oven to replace my 25 years old Panasonic. I was going to buy another new model from Panasonic but there is so many bad comments for it's new model. I found this model from Sharp (R995DST), It has modernized but still keep the old solid built look and the easy simple display & control panel, buttons. But I have to say, Sharp is not really good on it's website and information. The website is so bad, it didn't show much of the products photos (only 2 !!) and no details information like the power (W) of the grill, convection oven, only tell you the microwave is 1000W!! What is the power (W) for the grill? and the convection oven? What is the power for the grill & convection oven please?

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your questions. With regards to the power of the convection and grill this information can be located on page 3 via the following link http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R995DST_DW_om.pdf

Jeep
Jeep

Hello Sunny,
The oven size of the RD 995DST is W. 375 H. 265 D. 395

The sadly superceded Carousol model was W. 410 H. 265 D. 410.

These variants do not make too much difference to the cooking process once you have completed an I.T. degree and mastered the gooble de gook in the instruction manual!

Persevering with cooking anything in this device you will find that the ceramic turntable is not a good replacement for the previous baked enamel steel one. The ceramic one is very slippery and when using a steel rack the slightest bump will send it scooting over the rear edge of the turntable. Try retrieving it when turning a roast at 200 degrees. Lotsa hot hands and grumpy cooks!

Sunny

Thank you. I will have a look.

Malasked

What is the internal volume?

Hi Mal,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not measure the capacity of our Microwaves in litres, however this products turntable size is 362mm. You can find more information about this microwave athttps://www.sharp.net.au/products/home-products/microwaves/r995dst.

Please also keep in mind that this product is classified as a large size microwave oven.

Mal

Thanks, my current Sharp has a 42L capacity (~385mm turntable) and I don't really want to go down in size. Can anyone post the internal dimensions? I would at least know if it's livable, albeit smaller.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Other Microwaves