Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

dissapointing

Previous 2 Sharp micro/convector ovens preset buttons were perfect for Australia, This replacement has omitted jacket potato and has pumpkin risotto! and two settings for frozen chips (thick and thin cut), Did any one from Sharp Australia check this devise before selling it in Australia? Sharp phone and on line support very poor replies to request for help asked me to use preset buttons that are not available on this machine and also seemed unable to differentiate between English and sweet potato recipes. also convector oven button alters temperature in 20 degrees Celsius which means the most popular setting (150`) for cake baking is unobtainable. A very disappointing oven.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to clarify and assist you. Please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review.

6/6/18 I am still waiting for a response from sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your patience. Due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. Are you able to send your contact details via private message or through the email, ccare@sharp.net.au?

sharpless

sharplessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sharp R-995DST

I have always used the sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years. finally had to replace it and was disappointed the model was no longer available. Bought the Sharp R-995DST expecting it to be the same or better.
Could not be more disappointed, infact I hate using it now.
Manual for use is hopeless, things I have cooked before do not come out anywhere near as good. Door mists up, control buttons are misleading.
I have emailed Sharp from their website and did not get any response. I felt that was very rude and showed poor customer relationship and as a business owner, it has not done the Sharp name any service at all
Looks like Sharp are going to lose a previously very happy user

Date PurchasedMar 2017

New purchase

My last one was the SuperStream oven which was great for 6 years then died. My first Sharp microwave was the Carousel R-9450 purchased in 1984. It is still going strong but I needed a convection. Tested the microwave with the brownies from the recipe section. They did not turn out well - too dry. Not as easy to use as the Superstream was.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lois, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our product team. Have a good day.

Gina palumbo

Gina palumbo

Good for the price

Microwave is very powerful. I feel the settings are all quite similar and I have to over ride it, otherwise my defrosted food will start to cook. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cook evenly as it is a newer model I would have hoped that function was improved. Its quite light weight so moves around in the cavity I've built for it

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gina, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in regards to the cooking feature, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Hayley

HayleyPort Douglas

Love it

After my wall oven blowing up I replaced it with this convection microwave and just love it. I find it does everything I used my much larger wall oven for and only takes up a fraction of the space in my small kitchen. Can cook great pizzas, cakes, roasts, reheat etc. and it doesn't create too much heat. I only have a small family of 2 so size not an issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love the microwave. Have a great week ahead!

jaspa

jaspaMelbourne

Great and easy to use

Only had for a little while and i dont use it to much for cooking just to reheat and defrost but works really well and seems very quiet and sturdy. Had an older model sharp that lasted for a long time so wanted to get same brand as felt i could trust it and it hasn't let me down

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
JBS

JBSSydney

Works as it should

Easy to use setting and happy with the results. The Unit is sturdy and the door and hinges quite strong. Also, it is fairly easy to clean. Steamer to clean the microwave I feel is a bit of a gimmick, but overall I am satisfied with its performance. Noise wise it is no different than the Panasonic that I had previously.

PalSydney

Very disappointed in the Sharp R995D Invertor Sensor microwave

We had the Sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years similar to other posts I have read and found it great especially the multi cook and auto menus we used a lot. It finally died and we purchased the R995D on the strength of the old one but have found the Less and More buttons don't work on the auto menus and unable to adjust the cooking times. Also relied on the time display for the light on the old one but very difficult to see the new one. As a basic microwave its ok but for the expensive price tag we would have been better purchasing a cheaper model.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Pal

Its no feedback its a complaint, we might be better off cutting our losses on this one.

Mike42

Mike42South East Queensland, QLD

New Purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Deanne KBrisbane

LOVED IT UNTIL IT DIED JUST AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRED

Really loved my microwave, although the internal plate is a little hard to clean, I think it's the ceramic finish.
Been using all the time, was cooking a roast Sunday night and it stopped cooking, the turntable stopped and now even the microwave isn't working. Very disappointed as the warranty ran out in Oct 16th. Last Sharp microwave I had I gave away as it was too small for growing family, was still working after 15 years. Expected more longevity, as this isn't a cheap microwave.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Deanne K

Thank you I have submitted an email.
Cheers Deanne

Deanne K

Got a prompt reply from Sharp and have popped into their repairer. Fingers crossed.

disappointed

disappointedMelbourne

Sharp Microwave Model No. R995DW Good Kitchen Aid

No automatic convection for roasts and no time guides per weight for manual setting, in the booklet. The fan is very noisy and cools for a long time. The trays which are great in them selves, do not cook the food if they are put in the microwave together. I have always had Sharp microwaves and have used them every day. I am reasonably happy with this model and it has some really good features. Great if you only have a small amount of baking to do.The microwave is lighter than the old one but it seems to be well built.

It's ok

Purchases new model several months ago having had a sharp convection microwave for over 25 years. Quick question is the new microwave unit not sealed as if I leave food in to cool down I always end up with flies - how to they manage to get in there. Also manual that came with this microwave is very basic - previous microwave had quite an extensive manual and cookbook.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Mick

MickInnisfail

Update as old one died.

New model . First in about 30 years. Not as heavy as old model and has a few more features. This is perfect if you are looking for a lower power consumption than electric oven. Have used for only one month so haven't been able to try all functions. So far have had no problems understand controls and use everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Unhappy Cindy

Unhappy CindyBelrose. NSW

Not as good as the old Model

After having our old Sharp Convection microwave till the screen with the buttons gave up.(which was so easy to use).My husband and I had no hesitation but to get a new Sharp Convection microwave, but no it is not the same and the instruction book is hard to understand.
The old microwave had a automatic convection button for leg of lamb, but the new no, I have to guess the cooking and feed in manually. The most annoying of the changes is the elimination of the roast dinner menu, and no menu for roast leg of Lamb. Doing a balance mixed power of convection/microwave to produce a roast is not what we wanted.
This is a very expensive machine, Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

It lasted 1 month!

This microwave was pretty good when it worked for a whole month.
Then it took more than a month for parts and to have it fixed, then when i picked it up it was damaged.
I agree with a previous comment about the turntable being very slippery.
The convection oven didn't cook cakes evenly and took nearly double the time on the recipes.

I was trying to save money when my regular oven broke by buying this instead of replacing it, Should have spent the extra a purchased the smeg.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Linda

LindaTHIRLMERE

I'm in love with my Sharp R995DST Microwave

JeepSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a let down

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jeep

Sent the details. What about a response!