Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST
See the Best Microwaves in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

What a lemon!!!

Purchased in at The Good Guys Online store for $899.

MikePerth, WA

So very disappointing [Edit: failed in under a year]

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $849.

Brad
BradGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used once & failed. So deviated!!!!

Have used once after getting as a present & was so excited to use it. It half cooked a roast & now the oven, grill & microwave doesn't work. I was so excited about this & re styled my kitchen to not have an oven due to this being told this was so good. Took to repair person & they cut the lead saying it was dangerous!!!!
Totally devastated.

Purchased in for $999.

Eric
EricHobart, TAS

Rubbish

Lasted less than 3 years whereas previous Panasonic lasted 14 years. Cost over 800 dollars and only 12 month warranty. Sharp know this product is prone to failure eg inverter board and repair costs are too high. Never buy another sharp microwave again.

Purchased in for $800.

Kerry
KerrySydney, NSW

Buyer beware: Cash backs bounce back!!

Company used communication system failure caused by Covid 19 lockdown as excuse to reject perfectly legitimate cash back claim. Terms & conditions state: ' no liability' even if communication error is their fault? What happened to ethics? What happened to these unusual times we are all enduring call for unusual assistance in all and every way possible? What happened to let's all help each other? Apparently this does not apply to certain companies? Passed from one department to another for months. Management does not even have enough courtesy to reply to my letter. I have been a loyal customer for 42 years. There will be no 43.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $1,000.

• Incentivised Review No
David Mauger
David MaugerPerth, WA

TOTAL JUNK stay clear of their products!!!

SHARP knows there is an 'ISSUE' with this product, they are sending us another one, but why not simply build it right in the 1st place? Has to be the noisiest appliance on the market and for the Dimensions of it, the interior is very small. I can not find a positive about it. Sharp has dropped the ball on quality control.

Purchased in for $415.

Alex P.
Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in at eBay for $325.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
exempolyee
exempolyeebrisbane

Never buy a Sharp product ever.

Bought this oven from Harvey Norman 13 months ago. 1 month after warranty ended so did the oven the oven feature stopped heating. Contacted Harvey Norman on numerous occasions and on all occasions they told us sharp would be in contact with us. 1 month later where still waiting to hear from sharp. We thought sharp was a well known brand that’s why we didn’t take an extended warranty on this product which cost $750.00 you would think you would get more than 13 months use out of this product.
Will never buy a sharp product again and will advise all friends never to buy a sharp product ever.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman.

reegee
reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $890.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in at Harvey Norman.

• Incentivised Review No
Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

Dies just after warranty expires

Out of the Microwaves that we have had over the years this would be the one we have liked the least. However our opinion dropped even more when the the unit failed half way through a convection cook up and now doesn't heat on either convection or microwave. Very annoying as it was out of warranty by 3 months. Lucky we had a cheap $120 no name brand that we use camping each year and surprisingly, it is still going strong after 5 years. No more Sharp products for me

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $820.

Sharp A.SharpSend a private message

Hi Kevin, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dean
DeanLogan

Rubbish, has had 3 issues in less than 2 years.

Have had to take our unit back twice because it wouldn’t work on microwave or convection. Now the door won’t stay shut. I was a big fan of sharp products, I would expect a little bit more than roughly 18 months out of a microwave that honestly doesn’t get used all that much. Our previous oven was close to 20 years old and survived many house moves and a much harder life, thought we would stay loyal and buy another sharp product, can’t say I would buy sharp again.

Hi Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for this product. For support we would encourage you to contact ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review so that our team can assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Absolute rubbish microwave

first issue, the grill kept tripping fuses in the first week, fixed under warren-tee, found to be a cracked internal grill.
Microwave use ok, used oven function only for the first time after a year, as mostly used just the microwave and grill function. 40 minutes oven use, turntable doesn't work, microwave doesn't work either. Display ok.
Not going to bother fixing it, trash bin here it comes

Have a LG combination microwave in my garage, leaking microwave door, cant get replacement.( hence the sharp one bought) still working all functions for 20 years

KIM

With such an expensive microwave that had a cracked glass internal roof of the grill area, we requested a replacement but were turned down.....

joyc
joycGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Contacted sharps customer service before I wrote my rating of this microwave. Guess what. No reply.

Not satisfied, not happy. Oh sorry, you say I have to write a minimum of fifty words. Okay, bring back the sharp carousel convection microwave and. Replace this new unsatifactory microwave. I have now started looking at competitors products. I emailed customer service, no response. Put complaint on face book, oh got a response, contact customer service. Err what customer service????

sharpless
sharplessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sharp R-995DST

I have always used the sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years. finally had to replace it and was disappointed the model was no longer available. Bought the Sharp R-995DST expecting it to be the same or better.
Could not be more disappointed, infact I hate using it now.
Manual for use is hopeless, things I have cooked before do not come out anywhere near as good. Door mists up, control buttons are misleading.
I have emailed Sharp from their website and did not get any response. I felt that was very rude and showed poor customer relationship and as a business owner, it has not done the Sharp name any service at all
Looks like Sharp are going to lose a previously very happy user