Sharp R995DST

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Alex P.

Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

reegee

reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

PalSydney

Very disappointed in the Sharp R995D Invertor Sensor microwave

We had the Sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years similar to other posts I have read and found it great especially the multi cook and auto menus we used a lot. It finally died and we purchased the R995D on the strength of the old one but have found the Less and More buttons don't work on the auto menus and unable to adjust the cooking times. Also relied on the time display for the light on the old one but very difficult to see the new one. As a basic microwave its ok but for the expensive price tag we would have been better purchasing a cheaper model.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Pal

Its no feedback its a complaint, we might be better off cutting our losses on this one.

Unhappy Cindy

Unhappy CindyBelrose. NSW

Not as good as the old Model

After having our old Sharp Convection microwave till the screen with the buttons gave up.(which was so easy to use).My husband and I had no hesitation but to get a new Sharp Convection microwave, but no it is not the same and the instruction book is hard to understand.
The old microwave had a automatic convection button for leg of lamb, but the new no, I have to guess the cooking and feed in manually. The most annoying of the changes is the elimination of the roast dinner menu, and no menu for roast leg of Lamb. Doing a balance mixed power of convection/microwave to produce a roast is not what we wanted.
This is a very expensive machine, Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

It lasted 1 month!

This microwave was pretty good when it worked for a whole month.
Then it took more than a month for parts and to have it fixed, then when i picked it up it was damaged.
I agree with a previous comment about the turntable being very slippery.
The convection oven didn't cook cakes evenly and took nearly double the time on the recipes.

I was trying to save money when my regular oven broke by buying this instead of replacing it, Should have spent the extra a purchased the smeg.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

JeepSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a let down

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jeep

Sent the details. What about a response!

Cara

Caraasked

We got our sharp microwave oven 3 months short of two years ago. Just switched it on today and it caused one of the household fuses to blow. Now when we try to use the microwave it doesn't heat and the carousel doesn't rotate, but the fan goes and the countdown goes.

Any ideas what could have caused it and whether it's fixable?

David Mauger

It is definitely fixable. Contact SHARP Australia.

Terry Hasked

I have a sharpe convention microwave ( brought it on Dec 2019 ) and when doing rice it fogs up and even the clock area fogs up , it takes 4-5 hrs for the fog to disappear . Why is this or is it a problem with the microwave

David Mauger

It is definitely an issue with the Unit.

Terry H

Thanks I have taken it to a sharpe serviceman and I will see what he comes up with .

Val M.

Val M.asked

How can I cook for 25 seconds on microwave.

You're kidding, yes?
I mean REALLY?
Maybe If you're actually capable, try Setting for 30 seconds and press Stop/Cancel with 5 seconds remaining.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves