Sharp R995DST

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Brad

BradGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used once & failed. So deviated!!!!

Have used once after getting as a present & was so excited to use it. It half cooked a roast & now the oven, grill & microwave doesn't work. I was so excited about this & re styled my kitchen to not have an oven due to this being told this was so good. Took to repair person & they cut the lead saying it was dangerous!!!!
Totally devastated.

Purchased in July 2020 for $999.00.

Eric

EricHobart, TAS

Rubbish

Lasted less than 3 years whereas previous Panasonic lasted 14 years. Cost over 800 dollars and only 12 month warranty. Sharp know this product is prone to failure eg inverter board and repair costs are too high. Never buy another sharp microwave again.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Kerry

KerrySydney, NSW

Buyer beware: Cash backs bounce back!!

Company used communication system failure caused by Covid 19 lockdown as excuse to reject perfectly legitimate cash back claim. Terms & conditions state: ' no liability' even if communication error is their fault? What happened to ethics? What happened to these unusual times we are all enduring call for unusual assistance in all and every way possible? What happened to let's all help each other? Apparently this does not apply to certain companies? Passed from one department to another for months. Management does not even have enough courtesy to reply to my letter. I have been a loyal customer for 42 years. There will be no 43.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

David MaugerPerth, WA

TOTAL JUNK stay clear of their products!!!

SHARP knows there is an 'ISSUE' with this product, they are sending us another one, but why not simply build it right in the 1st place? Has to be the noisiest appliance on the market and for the Dimensions of it, the interior is very small. I can not find a positive about it. Sharp has dropped the ball on quality control.

Purchased in November 2019 for $415.00.

Alex P.

Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
exempolyee

exempolyeebrisbane

Never buy a Sharp product ever.

Bought this oven from Harvey Norman 13 months ago. 1 month after warranty ended so did the oven the oven feature stopped heating. Contacted Harvey Norman on numerous occasions and on all occasions they told us sharp would be in contact with us. 1 month later where still waiting to hear from sharp. We thought sharp was a well known brand that’s why we didn’t take an extended warranty on this product which cost $750.00 you would think you would get more than 13 months use out of this product.
Will never buy a sharp product again and will advise all friends never to buy a sharp product ever.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

reegee

reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

Dies just after warranty expires

Out of the Microwaves that we have had over the years this would be the one we have liked the least. However our opinion dropped even more when the the unit failed half way through a convection cook up and now doesn't heat on either convection or microwave. Very annoying as it was out of warranty by 3 months. Lucky we had a cheap $120 no name brand that we use camping each year and surprisingly, it is still going strong after 5 years. No more Sharp products for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $820.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Kevin, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dean

DeanLogan

Rubbish, has had 3 issues in less than 2 years.

Have had to take our unit back twice because it wouldn’t work on microwave or convection. Now the door won’t stay shut. I was a big fan of sharp products, I would expect a little bit more than roughly 18 months out of a microwave that honestly doesn’t get used all that much. Our previous oven was close to 20 years old and survived many house moves and a much harder life, thought we would stay loyal and buy another sharp product, can’t say I would buy sharp again.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Hi Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for this product. For support we would encourage you to contact ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review so that our team can assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Absolute rubbish microwave

first issue, the grill kept tripping fuses in the first week, fixed under warren-tee, found to be a cracked internal grill.
Microwave use ok, used oven function only for the first time after a year, as mostly used just the microwave and grill function. 40 minutes oven use, turntable doesn't work, microwave doesn't work either. Display ok.
Not going to bother fixing it, trash bin here it comes

Have a LG combination microwave in my garage, leaking microwave door, cant get replacement.( hence the sharp one bought) still working all functions for 20 years

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
KIM

With such an expensive microwave that had a cracked glass internal roof of the grill area, we requested a replacement but were turned down.....

joyc

joycGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Contacted sharps customer service before I wrote my rating of this microwave. Guess what. No reply.

Not satisfied, not happy. Oh sorry, you say I have to write a minimum of fifty words. Okay, bring back the sharp carousel convection microwave and. Replace this new unsatifactory microwave. I have now started looking at competitors products. I emailed customer service, no response. Put complaint on face book, oh got a response, contact customer service. Err what customer service????

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
sharpless

sharplessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sharp R-995DST

I have always used the sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years. finally had to replace it and was disappointed the model was no longer available. Bought the Sharp R-995DST expecting it to be the same or better.
Could not be more disappointed, infact I hate using it now.
Manual for use is hopeless, things I have cooked before do not come out anywhere near as good. Door mists up, control buttons are misleading.
I have emailed Sharp from their website and did not get any response. I felt that was very rude and showed poor customer relationship and as a business owner, it has not done the Sharp name any service at all
Looks like Sharp are going to lose a previously very happy user

Date PurchasedMar 2017

PalSydney

Very disappointed in the Sharp R995D Invertor Sensor microwave

We had the Sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years similar to other posts I have read and found it great especially the multi cook and auto menus we used a lot. It finally died and we purchased the R995D on the strength of the old one but have found the Less and More buttons don't work on the auto menus and unable to adjust the cooking times. Also relied on the time display for the light on the old one but very difficult to see the new one. As a basic microwave its ok but for the expensive price tag we would have been better purchasing a cheaper model.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Pal

Its no feedback its a complaint, we might be better off cutting our losses on this one.

Unhappy Cindy

Unhappy CindyBelrose. NSW

Not as good as the old Model

After having our old Sharp Convection microwave till the screen with the buttons gave up.(which was so easy to use).My husband and I had no hesitation but to get a new Sharp Convection microwave, but no it is not the same and the instruction book is hard to understand.
The old microwave had a automatic convection button for leg of lamb, but the new no, I have to guess the cooking and feed in manually. The most annoying of the changes is the elimination of the roast dinner menu, and no menu for roast leg of Lamb. Doing a balance mixed power of convection/microwave to produce a roast is not what we wanted.
This is a very expensive machine, Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2016