Sharp R995DST

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

ingrid

ingrid

Not happy with this oven

The convection function has never worked well on this model. It is very noisy, even stops in the middle of working. The tray is far too heavy. Oven is too small compared with earlier models. . This is my 3rd Sharp, never had problems before. Oven is still under warranty, have put it in for repairs, wonder if they can fix it.
Too expensive for what is offered. Would not buy Sharp again
Ingrid adelaide

Sol

SolPerth, WA

Over cooking on convection

Bought the R-995DW six months ago and have over cooked a pizza on convection (middle was not cooked), rim was singed. Made two cakes and both burnt to a crisp. Still dealing with the smokey after affects in the house. Loved my old model so I bought another. I have now gone back to my old way of cooking cakes in my oven as opposed to using the convection method. Have sent an email to Sharp, waiting on a response. Don’t know if item is faulty.

Purchased in October 2018.

New Microwave not as good as the older models

Purchased a new Sharp R-955DST after having Sharp convection microwaves for over 25 years. New model is OK and does its job but not as versatile and user friendly as the older models. It also steams up heavily between the Two door glasses as well as steams up in the time readout with use. Doesn’t seem right

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Paul, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

Deanne KBrisbane

LOVED IT UNTIL IT DIED JUST AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRED

Really loved my microwave, although the internal plate is a little hard to clean, I think it's the ceramic finish.
Been using all the time, was cooking a roast Sunday night and it stopped cooking, the turntable stopped and now even the microwave isn't working. Very disappointed as the warranty ran out in Oct 16th. Last Sharp microwave I had I gave away as it was too small for growing family, was still working after 15 years. Expected more longevity, as this isn't a cheap microwave.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Deanne K

Thank you I have submitted an email.
Cheers Deanne

Deanne K

Got a prompt reply from Sharp and have popped into their repairer. Fingers crossed.

It's ok

Purchases new model several months ago having had a sharp convection microwave for over 25 years. Quick question is the new microwave unit not sealed as if I leave food in to cool down I always end up with flies - how to they manage to get in there. Also manual that came with this microwave is very basic - previous microwave had quite an extensive manual and cookbook.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Cara

Caraasked

We got our sharp microwave oven 3 months short of two years ago. Just switched it on today and it caused one of the household fuses to blow. Now when we try to use the microwave it doesn't heat and the carousel doesn't rotate, but the fan goes and the countdown goes.

Any ideas what could have caused it and whether it's fixable?

David Mauger

It is definitely fixable. Contact SHARP Australia.

Terry Hasked

I have a sharpe convention microwave ( brought it on Dec 2019 ) and when doing rice it fogs up and even the clock area fogs up , it takes 4-5 hrs for the fog to disappear . Why is this or is it a problem with the microwave

David Mauger

It is definitely an issue with the Unit.

Terry H

Thanks I have taken it to a sharpe serviceman and I will see what he comes up with .

Val M.

Val M.asked

How can I cook for 25 seconds on microwave.

You're kidding, yes?
I mean REALLY?
Maybe If you're actually capable, try Setting for 30 seconds and press Stop/Cancel with 5 seconds remaining.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves