Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

ingrid
ingrid

Not happy with this oven

The convection function has never worked well on this model. It is very noisy, even stops in the middle of working. The tray is far too heavy. Oven is too small compared with earlier models. . This is my 3rd Sharp, never had problems before. Oven is still under warranty, have put it in for repairs, wonder if they can fix it.
Too expensive for what is offered. Would not buy Sharp again
Ingrid adelaide

Deepa Kuriakose
Deepa KuriakoseVictoria

Fast cooking and heating

I have bought this microwave which helps my food heat evenly in less time.I like that it's door opens by pulling and not by the button system.it easy to clean.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Deepa, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Sol
SolPerth, WA

Over cooking on convection

Bought the R-995DW six months ago and have over cooked a pizza on convection (middle was not cooked), rim was singed. Made two cakes and both burnt to a crisp. Still dealing with the smokey after affects in the house. Loved my old model so I bought another. I have now gone back to my old way of cooking cakes in my oven as opposed to using the convection method. Have sent an email to Sharp, waiting on a response. Don’t know if item is faulty.

Purchased in October 2018.

Fliss
FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I had the previous model to this one - lasted over 20 years!! Was very happy with it. This one is taking a little time to get used to the changes (sensor cook, etc is a little more difficult to use), & interior is a litte smaller so some dishes/containers no longer fit, but overall am very happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Breezy1
Breezy1Camberwell

Works Very Well Indeed

I am happy with our one but perhaps I should be worried looking at all the other reviews, lol. I mostly just use it to warm up milk these days plus the occasional dinner reheat. I find it quick and efficient - hey - I even like it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones? Anyway eight months in, no problems to report.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day!

New Microwave not as good as the older models

Purchased a new Sharp R-955DST after having Sharp convection microwaves for over 25 years. New model is OK and does its job but not as versatile and user friendly as the older models. It also steams up heavily between the Two door glasses as well as steams up in the time readout with use. Doesn’t seem right

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Paul, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

dissapointing

Previous 2 Sharp micro/convector ovens preset buttons were perfect for Australia, This replacement has omitted jacket potato and has pumpkin risotto! and two settings for frozen chips (thick and thin cut), Did any one from Sharp Australia check this devise before selling it in Australia? Sharp phone and on line support very poor replies to request for help asked me to use preset buttons that are not available on this machine and also seemed unable to differentiate between English and sweet potato recipes. also convector oven button alters temperature in 20 degrees Celsius which means the most popular setting (150`) for cake baking is unobtainable. A very disappointing oven.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to clarify and assist you. Please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review.

6/6/18 I am still waiting for a response from sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your patience. Due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. Are you able to send your contact details via private message or through the email, ccare@sharp.net.au?

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Gina palumbo
Gina palumbo

Good for the price

Microwave is very powerful. I feel the settings are all quite similar and I have to over ride it, otherwise my defrosted food will start to cook. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cook evenly as it is a newer model I would have hoped that function was improved. Its quite light weight so moves around in the cavity I've built for it

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gina, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in regards to the cooking feature, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

jaspa
jaspaMelbourne

Great and easy to use

Only had for a little while and i dont use it to much for cooking just to reheat and defrost but works really well and seems very quiet and sturdy. Had an older model sharp that lasted for a long time so wanted to get same brand as felt i could trust it and it hasn't let me down

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

JBS
JBSSydney

Works as it should

Easy to use setting and happy with the results. The Unit is sturdy and the door and hinges quite strong. Also, it is fairly easy to clean. Steamer to clean the microwave I feel is a bit of a gimmick, but overall I am satisfied with its performance. Noise wise it is no different than the Panasonic that I had previously.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mike42
Mike42South East Queensland, QLD

New Purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Deanne KBrisbane

LOVED IT UNTIL IT DIED JUST AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRED

Really loved my microwave, although the internal plate is a little hard to clean, I think it's the ceramic finish.
Been using all the time, was cooking a roast Sunday night and it stopped cooking, the turntable stopped and now even the microwave isn't working. Very disappointed as the warranty ran out in Oct 16th. Last Sharp microwave I had I gave away as it was too small for growing family, was still working after 15 years. Expected more longevity, as this isn't a cheap microwave.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Deanne K

Thank you I have submitted an email.
Cheers Deanne

Deanne K

Got a prompt reply from Sharp and have popped into their repairer. Fingers crossed.

disappointed
disappointedMelbourne

Sharp Microwave Model No. R995DW Good Kitchen Aid

No automatic convection for roasts and no time guides per weight for manual setting, in the booklet. The fan is very noisy and cools for a long time. The trays which are great in them selves, do not cook the food if they are put in the microwave together. I have always had Sharp microwaves and have used them every day. I am reasonably happy with this model and it has some really good features. Great if you only have a small amount of baking to do.The microwave is lighter than the old one but it seems to be well built.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

It's ok

Purchases new model several months ago having had a sharp convection microwave for over 25 years. Quick question is the new microwave unit not sealed as if I leave food in to cool down I always end up with flies - how to they manage to get in there. Also manual that came with this microwave is very basic - previous microwave had quite an extensive manual and cookbook.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Mick
MickInnisfail

Update as old one died.

New model . First in about 30 years. Not as heavy as old model and has a few more features. This is perfect if you are looking for a lower power consumption than electric oven. Have used for only one month so haven't been able to try all functions. So far have had no problems understand controls and use everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017