Sharp R995DST

Buying Guide Banner

Deepa Kuriakose

Deepa KuriakoseVictoria

Fast cooking and heating

I have bought this microwave which helps my food heat evenly in less time.I like that it's door opens by pulling and not by the button system.it easy to clean.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Deepa, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Fliss

FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I had the previous model to this one - lasted over 20 years!! Was very happy with it. This one is taking a little time to get used to the changes (sensor cook, etc is a little more difficult to use), & interior is a litte smaller so some dishes/containers no longer fit, but overall am very happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Breezy1

Breezy1Camberwell

Works Very Well Indeed

I am happy with our one but perhaps I should be worried looking at all the other reviews, lol. I mostly just use it to warm up milk these days plus the occasional dinner reheat. I find it quick and efficient - hey - I even like it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones? Anyway eight months in, no problems to report.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day!

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

dissapointing

Previous 2 Sharp micro/convector ovens preset buttons were perfect for Australia, This replacement has omitted jacket potato and has pumpkin risotto! and two settings for frozen chips (thick and thin cut), Did any one from Sharp Australia check this devise before selling it in Australia? Sharp phone and on line support very poor replies to request for help asked me to use preset buttons that are not available on this machine and also seemed unable to differentiate between English and sweet potato recipes. also convector oven button alters temperature in 20 degrees Celsius which means the most popular setting (150`) for cake baking is unobtainable. A very disappointing oven.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to clarify and assist you. Please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review.

6/6/18 I am still waiting for a response from sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your patience. Due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. Are you able to send your contact details via private message or through the email, ccare@sharp.net.au?

Gina palumbo

Gina palumbo

Good for the price

Microwave is very powerful. I feel the settings are all quite similar and I have to over ride it, otherwise my defrosted food will start to cook. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cook evenly as it is a newer model I would have hoped that function was improved. Its quite light weight so moves around in the cavity I've built for it

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gina, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in regards to the cooking feature, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

jaspa

jaspaMelbourne

Great and easy to use

Only had for a little while and i dont use it to much for cooking just to reheat and defrost but works really well and seems very quiet and sturdy. Had an older model sharp that lasted for a long time so wanted to get same brand as felt i could trust it and it hasn't let me down

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
JBS

JBSSydney

Works as it should

Easy to use setting and happy with the results. The Unit is sturdy and the door and hinges quite strong. Also, it is fairly easy to clean. Steamer to clean the microwave I feel is a bit of a gimmick, but overall I am satisfied with its performance. Noise wise it is no different than the Panasonic that I had previously.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mike42

Mike42South East Queensland, QLD

New Purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017
disappointed

disappointedMelbourne

Sharp Microwave Model No. R995DW Good Kitchen Aid

No automatic convection for roasts and no time guides per weight for manual setting, in the booklet. The fan is very noisy and cools for a long time. The trays which are great in them selves, do not cook the food if they are put in the microwave together. I have always had Sharp microwaves and have used them every day. I am reasonably happy with this model and it has some really good features. Great if you only have a small amount of baking to do.The microwave is lighter than the old one but it seems to be well built.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

Mick

MickInnisfail

Update as old one died.

New model . First in about 30 years. Not as heavy as old model and has a few more features. This is perfect if you are looking for a lower power consumption than electric oven. Have used for only one month so haven't been able to try all functions. So far have had no problems understand controls and use everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017