Sharp R995DST

Buying Guide Banner

Mars

MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Not a fan of iinet

Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

New purchase

My last one was the SuperStream oven which was great for 6 years then died. My first Sharp microwave was the Carousel R-9450 purchased in 1984. It is still going strong but I needed a convection. Tested the microwave with the brownies from the recipe section. They did not turn out well - too dry. Not as easy to use as the Superstream was.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lois, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our product team. Have a good day.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

Hayley

HayleyPort Douglas

Love it

After my wall oven blowing up I replaced it with this convection microwave and just love it. I find it does everything I used my much larger wall oven for and only takes up a fraction of the space in my small kitchen. Can cook great pizzas, cakes, roasts, reheat etc. and it doesn't create too much heat. I only have a small family of 2 so size not an issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love the microwave. Have a great week ahead!

Linda

LindaTHIRLMERE

I'm in love with my Sharp R995DST Microwave

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cara

Caraasked

We got our sharp microwave oven 3 months short of two years ago. Just switched it on today and it caused one of the household fuses to blow. Now when we try to use the microwave it doesn't heat and the carousel doesn't rotate, but the fan goes and the countdown goes.

Any ideas what could have caused it and whether it's fixable?

David Mauger

It is definitely fixable. Contact SHARP Australia.

Terry Hasked

I have a sharpe convention microwave ( brought it on Dec 2019 ) and when doing rice it fogs up and even the clock area fogs up , it takes 4-5 hrs for the fog to disappear . Why is this or is it a problem with the microwave

David Mauger

It is definitely an issue with the Unit.

Terry H

Thanks I have taken it to a sharpe serviceman and I will see what he comes up with .

Val M.

Val M.asked

How can I cook for 25 seconds on microwave.

You're kidding, yes?
I mean REALLY?
Maybe If you're actually capable, try Setting for 30 seconds and press Stop/Cancel with 5 seconds remaining.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves