Sharp R995DST

Buying Guide Banner

Mars
MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Alex P.
Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

Other Microwaves

Not a fan of iinet
Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

reegee
reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

New purchase

My last one was the SuperStream oven which was great for 6 years then died. My first Sharp microwave was the Carousel R-9450 purchased in 1984. It is still going strong but I needed a convection. Tested the microwave with the brownies from the recipe section. They did not turn out well - too dry. Not as easy to use as the Superstream was.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lois, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our product team. Have a good day.

Hayley
HayleyPort Douglas

Love it

After my wall oven blowing up I replaced it with this convection microwave and just love it. I find it does everything I used my much larger wall oven for and only takes up a fraction of the space in my small kitchen. Can cook great pizzas, cakes, roasts, reheat etc. and it doesn't create too much heat. I only have a small family of 2 so size not an issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love the microwave. Have a great week ahead!

PalSydney

Very disappointed in the Sharp R995D Invertor Sensor microwave

We had the Sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years similar to other posts I have read and found it great especially the multi cook and auto menus we used a lot. It finally died and we purchased the R995D on the strength of the old one but have found the Less and More buttons don't work on the auto menus and unable to adjust the cooking times. Also relied on the time display for the light on the old one but very difficult to see the new one. As a basic microwave its ok but for the expensive price tag we would have been better purchasing a cheaper model.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Pal

Its no feedback its a complaint, we might be better off cutting our losses on this one.

Other Microwaves

Unhappy Cindy
Unhappy CindyBelrose. NSW

Not as good as the old Model

After having our old Sharp Convection microwave till the screen with the buttons gave up.(which was so easy to use).My husband and I had no hesitation but to get a new Sharp Convection microwave, but no it is not the same and the instruction book is hard to understand.
The old microwave had a automatic convection button for leg of lamb, but the new no, I have to guess the cooking and feed in manually. The most annoying of the changes is the elimination of the roast dinner menu, and no menu for roast leg of Lamb. Doing a balance mixed power of convection/microwave to produce a roast is not what we wanted.
This is a very expensive machine, Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Microwaves

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

It lasted 1 month!

This microwave was pretty good when it worked for a whole month.
Then it took more than a month for parts and to have it fixed, then when i picked it up it was damaged.
I agree with a previous comment about the turntable being very slippery.
The convection oven didn't cook cakes evenly and took nearly double the time on the recipes.

I was trying to save money when my regular oven broke by buying this instead of replacing it, Should have spent the extra a purchased the smeg.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

JeepSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a let down

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jeep

Sent the details. What about a response!