Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

ingrid
ingrid

Not happy with this oven

The convection function has never worked well on this model. It is very noisy, even stops in the middle of working. The tray is far too heavy. Oven is too small compared with earlier models. . This is my 3rd Sharp, never had problems before. Oven is still under warranty, have put it in for repairs, wonder if they can fix it.
Too expensive for what is offered. Would not buy Sharp again
Ingrid adelaide

Brad
BradGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used once & failed. So deviated!!!!

Have used once after getting as a present & was so excited to use it. It half cooked a roast & now the oven, grill & microwave doesn't work. I was so excited about this & re styled my kitchen to not have an oven due to this being told this was so good. Took to repair person & they cut the lead saying it was dangerous!!!!
Totally devastated.

Purchased in July 2020 for $999.00.

Mars
MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Eric
EricHobart, TAS

Rubbish

Lasted less than 3 years whereas previous Panasonic lasted 14 years. Cost over 800 dollars and only 12 month warranty. Sharp know this product is prone to failure eg inverter board and repair costs are too high. Never buy another sharp microwave again.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Kerry
KerrySydney, NSW

Buyer beware: Cash backs bounce back!!

Company used communication system failure caused by Covid 19 lockdown as excuse to reject perfectly legitimate cash back claim. Terms & conditions state: ' no liability' even if communication error is their fault? What happened to ethics? What happened to these unusual times we are all enduring call for unusual assistance in all and every way possible? What happened to let's all help each other? Apparently this does not apply to certain companies? Passed from one department to another for months. Management does not even have enough courtesy to reply to my letter. I have been a loyal customer for 42 years. There will be no 43.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
David MaugerPerth, WA

TOTAL JUNK stay clear of their products!!!

SHARP knows there is an 'ISSUE' with this product, they are sending us another one, but why not simply build it right in the 1st place? Has to be the noisiest appliance on the market and for the Dimensions of it, the interior is very small. I can not find a positive about it. Sharp has dropped the ball on quality control.

Purchased in November 2019 for $415.00.

exempolyee
exempolyeebrisbane

Never buy a Sharp product ever.

Bought this oven from Harvey Norman 13 months ago. 1 month after warranty ended so did the oven the oven feature stopped heating. Contacted Harvey Norman on numerous occasions and on all occasions they told us sharp would be in contact with us. 1 month later where still waiting to hear from sharp. We thought sharp was a well known brand that’s why we didn’t take an extended warranty on this product which cost $750.00 you would think you would get more than 13 months use out of this product.
Will never buy a sharp product again and will advise all friends never to buy a sharp product ever.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Not a fan of iinet
Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Other Microwaves

Dies just after warranty expires

Out of the Microwaves that we have had over the years this would be the one we have liked the least. However our opinion dropped even more when the the unit failed half way through a convection cook up and now doesn't heat on either convection or microwave. Very annoying as it was out of warranty by 3 months. Lucky we had a cheap $120 no name brand that we use camping each year and surprisingly, it is still going strong after 5 years. No more Sharp products for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $820.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Kevin, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Sol
SolPerth, WA

Over cooking on convection

Bought the R-995DW six months ago and have over cooked a pizza on convection (middle was not cooked), rim was singed. Made two cakes and both burnt to a crisp. Still dealing with the smokey after affects in the house. Loved my old model so I bought another. I have now gone back to my old way of cooking cakes in my oven as opposed to using the convection method. Have sent an email to Sharp, waiting on a response. Don’t know if item is faulty.

Purchased in October 2018.

Dean
DeanLogan

Rubbish, has had 3 issues in less than 2 years.

Have had to take our unit back twice because it wouldn’t work on microwave or convection. Now the door won’t stay shut. I was a big fan of sharp products, I would expect a little bit more than roughly 18 months out of a microwave that honestly doesn’t get used all that much. Our previous oven was close to 20 years old and survived many house moves and a much harder life, thought we would stay loyal and buy another sharp product, can’t say I would buy sharp again.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Hi Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for this product. For support we would encourage you to contact ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review so that our team can assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Absolute rubbish microwave

first issue, the grill kept tripping fuses in the first week, fixed under warren-tee, found to be a cracked internal grill.
Microwave use ok, used oven function only for the first time after a year, as mostly used just the microwave and grill function. 40 minutes oven use, turntable doesn't work, microwave doesn't work either. Display ok.
Not going to bother fixing it, trash bin here it comes

Have a LG combination microwave in my garage, leaking microwave door, cant get replacement.( hence the sharp one bought) still working all functions for 20 years

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
KIM

With such an expensive microwave that had a cracked glass internal roof of the grill area, we requested a replacement but were turned down.....

joyc
joycGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Contacted sharps customer service before I wrote my rating of this microwave. Guess what. No reply.

Not satisfied, not happy. Oh sorry, you say I have to write a minimum of fifty words. Okay, bring back the sharp carousel convection microwave and. Replace this new unsatifactory microwave. I have now started looking at competitors products. I emailed customer service, no response. Put complaint on face book, oh got a response, contact customer service. Err what customer service????

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

New Microwave not as good as the older models

Purchased a new Sharp R-955DST after having Sharp convection microwaves for over 25 years. New model is OK and does its job but not as versatile and user friendly as the older models. It also steams up heavily between the Two door glasses as well as steams up in the time readout with use. Doesn’t seem right

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Paul, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

sharpless
sharplessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sharp R-995DST

I have always used the sharp Carousel Convection microwave for 25 years. finally had to replace it and was disappointed the model was no longer available. Bought the Sharp R-995DST expecting it to be the same or better.
Could not be more disappointed, infact I hate using it now.
Manual for use is hopeless, things I have cooked before do not come out anywhere near as good. Door mists up, control buttons are misleading.
I have emailed Sharp from their website and did not get any response. I felt that was very rude and showed poor customer relationship and as a business owner, it has not done the Sharp name any service at all
Looks like Sharp are going to lose a previously very happy user

Date PurchasedMar 2017