Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

ingrid
ingrid

Not happy with this oven

The convection function has never worked well on this model. It is very noisy, even stops in the middle of working. The tray is far too heavy. Oven is too small compared with earlier models. . This is my 3rd Sharp, never had problems before. Oven is still under warranty, have put it in for repairs, wonder if they can fix it.
Too expensive for what is offered. Would not buy Sharp again
Ingrid adelaide

Mars
MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Alex P.
Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

Not a fan of iinet
Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Deepa Kuriakose
Deepa KuriakoseVictoria

Fast cooking and heating

I have bought this microwave which helps my food heat evenly in less time.I like that it's door opens by pulling and not by the button system.it easy to clean.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Deepa, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

reegee
reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Sol
SolPerth, WA

Over cooking on convection

Bought the R-995DW six months ago and have over cooked a pizza on convection (middle was not cooked), rim was singed. Made two cakes and both burnt to a crisp. Still dealing with the smokey after affects in the house. Loved my old model so I bought another. I have now gone back to my old way of cooking cakes in my oven as opposed to using the convection method. Have sent an email to Sharp, waiting on a response. Don’t know if item is faulty.

Purchased in October 2018.

Fliss
FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I had the previous model to this one - lasted over 20 years!! Was very happy with it. This one is taking a little time to get used to the changes (sensor cook, etc is a little more difficult to use), & interior is a litte smaller so some dishes/containers no longer fit, but overall am very happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Breezy1
Breezy1Camberwell

Works Very Well Indeed

I am happy with our one but perhaps I should be worried looking at all the other reviews, lol. I mostly just use it to warm up milk these days plus the occasional dinner reheat. I find it quick and efficient - hey - I even like it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones? Anyway eight months in, no problems to report.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day!

New Microwave not as good as the older models

Purchased a new Sharp R-955DST after having Sharp convection microwaves for over 25 years. New model is OK and does its job but not as versatile and user friendly as the older models. It also steams up heavily between the Two door glasses as well as steams up in the time readout with use. Doesn’t seem right

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Paul, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you require any assistance, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au.

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

dissapointing

Previous 2 Sharp micro/convector ovens preset buttons were perfect for Australia, This replacement has omitted jacket potato and has pumpkin risotto! and two settings for frozen chips (thick and thin cut), Did any one from Sharp Australia check this devise before selling it in Australia? Sharp phone and on line support very poor replies to request for help asked me to use preset buttons that are not available on this machine and also seemed unable to differentiate between English and sweet potato recipes. also convector oven button alters temperature in 20 degrees Celsius which means the most popular setting (150`) for cake baking is unobtainable. A very disappointing oven.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to clarify and assist you. Please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review.

6/6/18 I am still waiting for a response from sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your patience. Due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. Are you able to send your contact details via private message or through the email, ccare@sharp.net.au?

New purchase

My last one was the SuperStream oven which was great for 6 years then died. My first Sharp microwave was the Carousel R-9450 purchased in 1984. It is still going strong but I needed a convection. Tested the microwave with the brownies from the recipe section. They did not turn out well - too dry. Not as easy to use as the Superstream was.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lois, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our product team. Have a good day.

Gina palumbo
Gina palumbo

Good for the price

Microwave is very powerful. I feel the settings are all quite similar and I have to over ride it, otherwise my defrosted food will start to cook. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cook evenly as it is a newer model I would have hoped that function was improved. Its quite light weight so moves around in the cavity I've built for it

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gina, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in regards to the cooking feature, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Hayley
HayleyPort Douglas

Love it

After my wall oven blowing up I replaced it with this convection microwave and just love it. I find it does everything I used my much larger wall oven for and only takes up a fraction of the space in my small kitchen. Can cook great pizzas, cakes, roasts, reheat etc. and it doesn't create too much heat. I only have a small family of 2 so size not an issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love the microwave. Have a great week ahead!