Sharp R995DST

Buying Guide Banner

Mars
MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Not a fan of iinet
Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Deepa Kuriakose
Deepa KuriakoseVictoria

Fast cooking and heating

I have bought this microwave which helps my food heat evenly in less time.I like that it's door opens by pulling and not by the button system.it easy to clean.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Deepa, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Fliss
FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I had the previous model to this one - lasted over 20 years!! Was very happy with it. This one is taking a little time to get used to the changes (sensor cook, etc is a little more difficult to use), & interior is a litte smaller so some dishes/containers no longer fit, but overall am very happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.

Breezy1
Breezy1Camberwell

Works Very Well Indeed

I am happy with our one but perhaps I should be worried looking at all the other reviews, lol. I mostly just use it to warm up milk these days plus the occasional dinner reheat. I find it quick and efficient - hey - I even like it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones? Anyway eight months in, no problems to report.

Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a good day!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

dissapointing

Previous 2 Sharp micro/convector ovens preset buttons were perfect for Australia, This replacement has omitted jacket potato and has pumpkin risotto! and two settings for frozen chips (thick and thin cut), Did any one from Sharp Australia check this devise before selling it in Australia? Sharp phone and on line support very poor replies to request for help asked me to use preset buttons that are not available on this machine and also seemed unable to differentiate between English and sweet potato recipes. also convector oven button alters temperature in 20 degrees Celsius which means the most popular setting (150`) for cake baking is unobtainable. A very disappointing oven.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your review. We have spoken to our Customer Care team and they would like to clarify and assist you. Please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review.

6/6/18 I am still waiting for a response from sharp

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Johno, thank you for your patience. Due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. Are you able to send your contact details via private message or through the email, ccare@sharp.net.au?

New purchase

My last one was the SuperStream oven which was great for 6 years then died. My first Sharp microwave was the Carousel R-9450 purchased in 1984. It is still going strong but I needed a convection. Tested the microwave with the brownies from the recipe section. They did not turn out well - too dry. Not as easy to use as the Superstream was.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Lois, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our product team. Have a good day.

Gina palumbo
Gina palumbo

Good for the price

Microwave is very powerful. I feel the settings are all quite similar and I have to over ride it, otherwise my defrosted food will start to cook. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cook evenly as it is a newer model I would have hoped that function was improved. Its quite light weight so moves around in the cavity I've built for it

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Gina, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in regards to the cooking feature, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Hayley
HayleyPort Douglas

Love it

After my wall oven blowing up I replaced it with this convection microwave and just love it. I find it does everything I used my much larger wall oven for and only takes up a fraction of the space in my small kitchen. Can cook great pizzas, cakes, roasts, reheat etc. and it doesn't create too much heat. I only have a small family of 2 so size not an issue.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Hayley, thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love the microwave. Have a great week ahead!

jaspa
jaspaMelbourne

Great and easy to use

Only had for a little while and i dont use it to much for cooking just to reheat and defrost but works really well and seems very quiet and sturdy. Had an older model sharp that lasted for a long time so wanted to get same brand as felt i could trust it and it hasn't let me down

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
JBS
JBSSydney

Works as it should

Easy to use setting and happy with the results. The Unit is sturdy and the door and hinges quite strong. Also, it is fairly easy to clean. Steamer to clean the microwave I feel is a bit of a gimmick, but overall I am satisfied with its performance. Noise wise it is no different than the Panasonic that I had previously.

Mike42
Mike42South East Queensland, QLD

New Purchase

disappointed
disappointedMelbourne

Sharp Microwave Model No. R995DW Good Kitchen Aid

No automatic convection for roasts and no time guides per weight for manual setting, in the booklet. The fan is very noisy and cools for a long time. The trays which are great in them selves, do not cook the food if they are put in the microwave together. I have always had Sharp microwaves and have used them every day. I am reasonably happy with this model and it has some really good features. Great if you only have a small amount of baking to do.The microwave is lighter than the old one but it seems to be well built.

Mick
MickInnisfail

Update as old one died.

New model . First in about 30 years. Not as heavy as old model and has a few more features. This is perfect if you are looking for a lower power consumption than electric oven. Have used for only one month so haven't been able to try all functions. So far have had no problems understand controls and use everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017