Sharp R995DST

Sharp R995DST

MPNs: 36384593 and R995DST
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharp

MikePerth, WA

So very disappointing [Edit: failed in under a year]

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $849.00.

Brad
BradGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used once & failed. So deviated!!!!

Have used once after getting as a present & was so excited to use it. It half cooked a roast & now the oven, grill & microwave doesn't work. I was so excited about this & re styled my kitchen to not have an oven due to this being told this was so good. Took to repair person & they cut the lead saying it was dangerous!!!!
Totally devastated.

Purchased in July 2020 for $999.00.

Mars
MarsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Microwave

I have owned this microwave for 9 months now with absolutely now issues. It is strongly built, compared to Samsung and Panasonic, and is a very powerful machine.
I don't use all the functions of the microwave, but it does heat things up very fast, and the door has a very solid feel, compared to other microwaves.
I have noticed a lot of bad reviews about this product from 2 years ago, but perhaps Sharp have fixed these issues.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Eric
EricHobart, TAS

Rubbish

Lasted less than 3 years whereas previous Panasonic lasted 14 years. Cost over 800 dollars and only 12 month warranty. Sharp know this product is prone to failure eg inverter board and repair costs are too high. Never buy another sharp microwave again.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Kerry
KerrySydney, NSW

Buyer beware: Cash backs bounce back!!

Company used communication system failure caused by Covid 19 lockdown as excuse to reject perfectly legitimate cash back claim. Terms & conditions state: ' no liability' even if communication error is their fault? What happened to ethics? What happened to these unusual times we are all enduring call for unusual assistance in all and every way possible? What happened to let's all help each other? Apparently this does not apply to certain companies? Passed from one department to another for months. Management does not even have enough courtesy to reply to my letter. I have been a loyal customer for 42 years. There will be no 43.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

David MaugerPerth, WA

TOTAL JUNK stay clear of their products!!!

SHARP knows there is an 'ISSUE' with this product, they are sending us another one, but why not simply build it right in the 1st place? Has to be the noisiest appliance on the market and for the Dimensions of it, the interior is very small. I can not find a positive about it. Sharp has dropped the ball on quality control.

Purchased in November 2019 for $415.00.

Alex P.
Alex P.

Too noisy and very cheaply made - Sharp isn't what it used to be!

The stainless steel exterior looks great and the size is nice - but still too small and this is Sharp's top of the line convection microwave oven. It doesn't fit a full-size casserole dish. It heats the food evenly and quickly but the fan is very noisy after running the microwave for just 1-2 minutes. This didn't happen with the older more solid models. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Christmas seems to go hand-in-hand with consumption, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be eco-friendly with your gift-giving. We’ve got tips for everything from shopping sustainably to zero-waste packaging, so that you can have a greener holiday season.

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
exempolyee
exempolyeebrisbane

Never buy a Sharp product ever.

Bought this oven from Harvey Norman 13 months ago. 1 month after warranty ended so did the oven the oven feature stopped heating. Contacted Harvey Norman on numerous occasions and on all occasions they told us sharp would be in contact with us. 1 month later where still waiting to hear from sharp. We thought sharp was a well known brand that’s why we didn’t take an extended warranty on this product which cost $750.00 you would think you would get more than 13 months use out of this product.
Will never buy a sharp product again and will advise all friends never to buy a sharp product ever.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Not a fan of iinet
Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just like to thank the staff at Brisbane for arranging to fix my microwave under warranty. Top service.

Top service.
Will buy again. They fixed it under warranty and provided an excellent service

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Deepa Kuriakose
Deepa KuriakoseVictoria

Fast cooking and heating

I have bought this microwave which helps my food heat evenly in less time.I like that it's door opens by pulling and not by the button system.it easy to clean.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Deepa, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

reegee
reegeePerth, WA

Bad oven

I bought this convection to expand my baking capacity but it burns everything. It takes forever to preheat and as soon as you open the door to put food in it starts the preheating function again. This means it's superheating again and burns everything. I have given up using it unless I really need to. And then I have to be careful. It also has a limit to how long you can set it for. Unlike my Panasonic that switches to hours this one it's a limit of 99 minutes 59 seconds. Not really useful when you need to bake for 4 hours and if you have to switch to a second baking session it goes through the whole pre-heat issue again because you have to open the door.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want to use it as a convection oven.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

DaveAdelaide

Not as good as the old one I agree with reegee Perth report

Have a Sharp R-995DST, after having a Sharp carousel for 20 yrs an loved it, so we bought a later model with an extended warranty, after putting up with it, it now fogs up between the glass. Am told the warranty only covers mechanical faults does this product get better or worse?

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dave, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dave

Not happy when you have to preheat oven again just to extend cooking time

Dave

After putting up with this microwave oven for two years, we had a four year extended warranty. Best thing ever done. So we cashed it in an bought an oven an seperate microwave. From Harvey Norman.

Find out how Sharp R995DST compares to other Microwaves

Dies just after warranty expires

Out of the Microwaves that we have had over the years this would be the one we have liked the least. However our opinion dropped even more when the the unit failed half way through a convection cook up and now doesn't heat on either convection or microwave. Very annoying as it was out of warranty by 3 months. Lucky we had a cheap $120 no name brand that we use camping each year and surprisingly, it is still going strong after 5 years. No more Sharp products for me

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $820.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Kevin, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Dean
DeanLogan

Rubbish, has had 3 issues in less than 2 years.

Have had to take our unit back twice because it wouldn’t work on microwave or convection. Now the door won’t stay shut. I was a big fan of sharp products, I would expect a little bit more than roughly 18 months out of a microwave that honestly doesn’t get used all that much. Our previous oven was close to 20 years old and survived many house moves and a much harder life, thought we would stay loyal and buy another sharp product, can’t say I would buy sharp again.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Hi Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for this product. For support we would encourage you to contact ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review so that our team can assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Fliss
FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I had the previous model to this one - lasted over 20 years!! Was very happy with it. This one is taking a little time to get used to the changes (sensor cook, etc is a little more difficult to use), & interior is a litte smaller so some dishes/containers no longer fit, but overall am very happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review.