• Internal Layout

Fridge is freezing all food and groceries

I have had this fridge for 7 years and was happy with it. Apart drom the occassional cracking noise it makes, it has been reliable until a week ago. It is freezing everything in the fridge. I have turned up the temperature to 6oC but it is still freezing everything. The freezer is ok, but seems like my fridge conpartment has also turned into a freezer. Please help me get this issue fixed. thanks.

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fridge, awful service arrangement.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Fridge Freezing Food

We love our four door Sharp fridge freezer because it's so handy to access whichever area of the fridge you need without letting out large amounts of cold air at the same time which is definitely going to translate to cheaper power prices. However in the last month the fridge has begun freezing all our groceries so even when the temp setting is changed to 6 degrees it is continuing to freeze everything. Don't know what to do but need a solution fast as its costing us money. Help

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Bob, thank you for your time in providing feedback. Please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback. Our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Sharp 602L French Door SJF60 Series compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Cally NPerth

Money Saver

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Cally, thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using the refrigerator.

Cally N

I am a great advocate for sharp products.
My first T.V. lasted for 25 years and my present one is 19 years old.[Both Sharp]
I believe my long association with Sharp products qualifies me as a good judge of quality.

Ado

AdoPerth

Fridge is freezing food even with temp set @ mkaximum 6 degrees

Have been very happy with the fridge, but last week I slid the fridge out of it's opening to clean behind it. I removed the back cover and vacuumed around the condenser and pipes and now the fridge has started freezing everything. I read the manual and adjusted settings - I lowered the freezer settings to -13 and raised the fridge setting from -3 degrees to + 6 degrees and even with fridge at a 6 degree setting is freezing everything. I need help please.

Date PurchasedApr 2009

A most reliable fridge.

After years of faultless service and only a couple of plastic components replaced due to breakage, my unit has developed a freezing refrigerator compartment. The door seals were old and remained opened slightly in the centre joint. I replaced the seals and checked the sealing is good. Still the refrigerator is freezing food.

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Ken

KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thought we had a great fridge/freezer - until now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
Nic and Sashi

Nic and SashiBentley Park (Cairns)

Icing up freezer, noisy motor and door issues.

Date PurchasedJuly 2008

CurlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Icing up in freezer

The refrigerator/freezer was working well up to about a fortnight ago but now the freezer compartment is icing up. we have wiped it down but it still is icing up. We have checked the seals and they seem to be OK, so we cannot work out why it is icing up - seems strange as it was working so well before.

Curly

Any others having this problem?

Great for 6 years

This fridge has been great for 6 years, perfect in its food placement / storage, and also its appearance and function. Lately though, it has become noisy as the motor works. The noise ceases when I open a door, and begins again when the door is closed. I have been told, over the phone, that a fan in the motor is the trouble, and to replace it will cost over $400 and take at least a month to get the part. Has anyone else attempted to do this him / her self? If so, any guidance would be appreciated. I am in my seventies but willing to have a go.

Thanks for the tip.

Toni

Toni

Unhygienic fridge

I also live in the tropics and have flies in my fridge most nights and there is no way they are getting in when I open the door for items I need. I'm very disappointed as I love everything else about this fridge, but flies are disgusting.

Shark 67Sydney

Would never buy another Sharp product again

SuzyKuranda

The most unhygienic fridge I have ever owned

My 'dream' refrigerator, purchased when I built my home two years ago, is full of dead flies every evening. No, there is no way I can let that many in, in thirty seconds opening the fridge for milk in the morning. Just me. Thirty seconds to get the milk for my coffee and cereal. Still debating both this issue and the fact that the plastic in the meat trays stores meat juices and impossible to wash. Ugh. It was suggested I had maybe let maggots breed (for two years?? Unsighted? In a cold refrigerator??? I'm in the tropics, I have no fly screens, never have. It has never been a problem until this fridge.
Door space.

Love it Love it!

Bought the SJF60PC-WH just over 2 years ago. Absolutely love it. The freezer & fridge has so much usable space. The drawers store so much fresh food, 3lt milk bottle, Julie & Jug of water easily fit in the door. Small part under fridge door has broken off, however the Sharp customer care team have been fantastic in providing support.
So much usable space in every compartment.

beckie_boo

beckie_booNSW, 2880

I wouldn't pick any other, I am in love with my fridge

pruddiesmum

Love it!

raykerry

raykerry

Love it

Love this fridge. All my friends have fridge envy. Heaps of space for everything. Have not experienced any problems- food stays fresh, no frozen lettuce and tomatoes in the fridge. Have moved house twice with this fridge and have not had any problems with denting. Shop around to get a good price
Exterior design, draws in the freezer no wasted space, glass shelving,
Shelving spacing is not adjustable. The open door warning a blessing and annoying when loading big shops

Amazing french door fridge!

This fridge is one of the best I have had.It lets you control each area and never breaks down it comes in stylish colours black, silver and white. It is a great addition to our home and will be here for years to come!
Reliable Source

seasideroman

seasideromanAU

LOVE THIS FRIDGE!

See all Sharp French Door SJF Series reviews

Samantha D.

Samantha D.asked

602L French Door SJF60PCWH (Classic White)

How old are these fridges I can’t seem to find the year made anywhere

Thomas W.

Thomas W.asked

602L French Door SJF60PCWH (Classic White)

Hi All,
My Sharp SJF60PC worked great until two nights ago we lost power (Blown Circuit Breaker - unknown if Fridge caused this), however, we reset the breaker and since then the freezer freezes everything rock hard and the fridge freezes everything as well except my beers (great for my beers not good for everything else)
All settings are the same as before -188 degrees & 3 degrees C.

Any ideas???

John

It seems to be a fairly common fault with these fridges. Some people claim turning it off again and allowing it to restart may fix it. Didn't work for me. Pretty obviously something in the controller board gets damaged by a power cycle. Good luck getting it repaired. I gave up. Parts are apparently hard to get. I wanted a 4 door white fridge and they are rare. I replaced it with a Mitsubishi Electric 710L French Door Fridge MR-L710EN-GWH-A2. Mitsubishi also make a 610L version which is effectively the same size and functionality as the Sharp. I'm banking on Mitsubishi having better support than Sharp. :-)

Jeff M.
Jeff M.

We had the same problem after a power outage that lasted about three hours. No matter what I tried, it would not stop freezing things in the top compartment. Tried to change the temperature from 3 to 6 degrees but had no affect. Also tried power cycling the fridge but that did not help either. After reading the various answers on this forum, one tip seemed to make the most sense. The advice was to turn off the fridge for 24 hours and have it reset itself. We took it as an opportunity to clean out the fridge and let it be unpowered for almost 24 hours. This trick worked. The fridge is working fine now. There was some mention that some of the sensors were affected for short power outages. My best theory is that melted water could have refroze over sensors and triggered bad readings. Could be complete fiction but is possible. Regardless, it makes sense that a long reset could allow the fridge to get back to its original settings. Hope it works for you. Best regards

Satoshiasked

602L French Door SJF60 Series

Hi, I seem to be experiencing the same issue from a few similar posts here. It appears to be a very common problem with this model. I had an electricity outage a few days ago (about 6 hours). When the electricity came back on, the fridge section was too cold and froze all.the food. I tried increasing the fridge temp from 4 degrees to 6 degrees and still way too cold to store food, everything is frozen. Can anyone who has had this issue help on how you resolved it? Thanks.

Gray M
Gray M

Hi Satoshi, did you get an outcome with your problem because I am experiencing the same problem around the same time as you. Due to a storm outage.

Satoshi

Hi Gray, sorry for the late reply. Yes I did. You need to turn your fridge off completely for 24 hours, make sure you leave the doors open. After 24 hours, it should go back to normal. Hope this helps.

See all Sharp 602L French Door SJF60 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp 602L French Door SJF60 Series

Compare all 7 Sharp French Door SJF Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $3,024.00$3,079.00$4,014.00$4,178.00
Dimensions 1720 x 890 x 770 mm1720 x 890 x 770 mm1720 x 890 x 770 mm1720 x 890 x 790 mm
Energy Rating1.5 star(s)1.5 star(s)1.5 star(s)1.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Wine Rack
Colour / FinishClassic WhiteBrushed SilverStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Weight109 kg109 kg109 kg107 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity
Total Capacity 602 L602 L602 L602 L
Fridge Capacity 370 L370 L370 L370 L
Freezer Capacity 232 L232 L232 L232 L
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 7 Sharp French Door SJF Series