Sharp SJF624STSL / SJF676STSL

Stop running after less than 5 years

The fridge is not running, this happens in less than 5 years, which is very short time for the fridge, and yes we paid $2000 for that at the end of 2014. Pretty disappointed.

Purchased in October 2014.

Hi Tuan, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.I contacted sharp directly, also contacted sharp approved service centre, they both say the same thing, they will not touch if if the fridge is still out of warranty (which is 2 years and already over). I also contacted the seller, they said the same thing but their warranty covers up to 4 years which is again already over. So the seller and the maker do not touch it whatsoever, you know, you still can fix it and charge money because it is no longer in warranty and we still happy, but they just cant be bothered, it pretty shocking isnt it? Next I contacted the technicians, who do fridge repairs. 2 tried to fix but failed, some said they dont do Sharp nor electronic fridge (which is this one), others said they have no idea but guessing it was the conpressor again they are not sure since the compressor was still fine, but they checked all other things already and said they were all good, so last "guess" is the conpressor and they said "hope" it is the conpressor, again they are not sure. Called sharp for part replacement, it was said to be 2-3 weeks at least since it needs to be shipped from Singapore. A spare part has to come from Singapore? Well, i guess Sharp is so disconnected from the customers here in Australia isnt it? Little problem that i thought would be fixed in no time, but it exploded into a big mess since I had to make so many calls and still not fixed. This is unacceptable, Im very disappointed how Sharp cuts off the customers.

worst fridge ever

fridge was noisy from start. never got cold enough and now after 3.5 years. fridge has stop cooling . freezer still ok . pretty bad for a $2000+ fridge i was expecting 10 years +

Purchased in May 2015 for $2,000.00.

would really appreciate if Sharp could make things right on it . also one of the top doors wont stay shut tight even though seals look ok .Hi Drew, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.i will do that thankyou

Brilliant refrigerator until it stopped working.

I bought a Sharp SJ-F624St refrigerator in December 2014 and we have been very happy with it until now. It has stopped completely and have been told that the compressor needs replacing, which I believe is an extremely costly job.
Surely such a critical component of a refrigerator should last more than 4 years.
What can I do to avoid a costly repair?

Purchased in December 2014.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
Sharp have come to the party and approved the repair of the refrigerator by replacing the compressor. Well done.

Very happy

Overall very happy, I was a little nervous reading review of occasional noisy fridge, this one barely a sound! Space is great, doors don’t close easily though and kids need re training to not flick it shut and walk off. Lighting good, overall very happy, just love the deep ice cube container

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Vicky, thank you for the feedback. We will pass it on to our product managers. Have a good day.

Quite Good

Like the space in Fridge and Freezer. Layout is great. I have following concerns though.
1. Compressor/Fan constantly runs unlike my 10 year old LG.
2. Top Doors are misaligned. I could get the bottom ones aligned but could not do the same for to ones.
3. Compressor is louder than my old ones.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Prasad, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you would like us to assist you, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will contact you.

Can't live without it.

It is really trust worthy, dependable and durable, I got a feeling that I cannot move on without it. It is very efficient and excellent in electricity consume. Great product for a great price, I have been using only Sharp refrigerators in my life and would recommend any one, and you will never regret.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Thank you for the great feedback, Langlin. Have a great day ahead!

Really good quality fridge

I bought this fridge when I moved in and it's still as good as ever. Temperature is always consistent in all areas I never have to worry about cold or warm spots. My fresh produce always lasts the distance with this fridge compared to my old one. It's not noisy at all and the French door style is just perfect. Love having all the freezer space in drawers which makes cleaning a breeze.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Dear Customer, Thank you for the lovely feedback. Have a great day ahead!

VERY NOISY due to small plastic door hinge retainer which broke in half after only a couple of weeks

Contacted there so called CUSTOMER CARE line to let them know what had happened.Bearing in mind it is still under warranty, to let them know what had happened.And was told if you want service you will have to pay a CALL OUT FEE. to replace a small PLASTIC retainer held in by 2 self tapers.I asked the person in question if they could send out the part as small as it is,and I would change it myself.As a result they told me I would have to ring there SPARE PARTS DIVISION in QUEENSLAND!!!.Turns out the person in spares does not have a clue!!.He can't understand the parts drawing in reference to the part we require.As the drawings are too blurry to read.
A set of 6 plastic retainers comes to about $4.00.Also they are expecting me to pay a postage /handling fee too have them sent from Queensland to Sydney.ALL THE WHILE THE FRIDGE IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNDER WARRANTY!!.Save your money people an DONTt buy a SHARP FRIDGE.As there is NO SERVICE.which just typifies any thing to do with the housing industry. We paid $1362 .00 for this fridge and this is the thanks we get for it .Being treated like IDIOTS.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

I love this fridge i find it very good quality i bought it 8 years ago and iits still working perfectly .. its big and nice i love the design of it .. i like the fridge its organized and big .. easy to clean and maintain. . I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Thank you for the lovely feedback, Rourou. Have a great day ahead!

Perfect....

The search for a French door fridge when you have a very limited amount of space, is like looking for a needle in a haystack and even single door top/bottom mount freezer the space is like a jigsaw and through searching for days we finally found this little gem

Now this fridge is spacious - in single door top/bottom mounted fridges we were limited to a capacity of 514L due to the dimensions of the fridge and not one single French door fridge could fit in the space. This sharp fridge gets applauds as the dimensions are perfect with enough breathing room within the enclosure.

The space inside the fridge is amazing, well thought out and the lighting is very bright and LED lights which dramatically reduces the prices to older fridges and cuts down on internal heating within the fridge when the doors are open. The freezer is well organized with compartmental drawers and easily fit in all our foods for freezing, however whenever they are in a box if its possible to remove the box such as ice-creams, has an icemaker normal tray and no plumbing required with draws underneath to catch the ice so can have plenty in reserve.

The energy rating is adequate, now when I first got this fridge and plugged it in I did become bewildered by something that is declared normal, around the doors there was somewhat a large portion of heat, I though I crap its faulty but apparently if you do buy one of these its a normal function to stop mildew forming.

Another thing I must mention is that its French doors has 4 doors in total, very convenient as the door width when opening is less than most fridges and I really do like it

I gave this fridge 4 out of 5 stars as there is one reason to this, it would have been nice as the price to have an active display and more easier controls in navigation of temperatures - it is a little tricky and with my other fridge an LG French door the controls are just so basic and easy to identify with. The display is the only thing that prevented me to give a 5 out of 5 otherwise I would have. PS I love my LG fridge as my LG fridge is going on 15yrs now and its been moved around including interstate and back and works like a charm - I hope the sharp does in contrast perform and lasts like my LG

Also big thanks to the staff at the good guys

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Lexxel, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

no parts

have been waiting for parts for a SJXE624FSL one off the doors . they first told me 6 to 8 weeks then after 8 weeks they said it will take another 3 months know they tell me they don't know when . its a disgrace that a company does not hold parts for one off the latest fridges . DONT BUY SHARP NO BACK UP

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Arthur, We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 531830, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

No problems with this fridge!

Love this fridge. The design is great - the shelves hold a lot and the doors allow you to store higher items that don't fit in the shelves. The freezer trays are great and being all individual compartments allows means I don't lose things at the bottom for years!
The only downside is that I bake a lot of cakes and I have had to purchase a separate cake fridge as the height of the shelves in this model means that it simply will not hold any high items.
We haven't had a problem with the noise. We have 2 small boys so maybe they just drown it out!!

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Katie, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

Looks the business, and performed well... for 3 years.

This was just about the best looking fridge in the shop. The interior seemed like the most attractive and functional as well. When we got it home it proved to be a very easy to use fridge, loads of room, easy to keep clean. Keeps everything a good temperature, meat area is nice and cold.
The digital display is ok, shows how cold the fridge is set to, rather than how cold it actually is though, you still need a thermometer to check that out. The stylish stainless-like finish is much, much easier to clean than brushed stainless, with zero rust and fingerprint stains. It is also still magnetic, so kids pictures can still be given the honour of being stuck on the fridge.
It makes gurgling noises, a bit of compressor hum, a clunk every now and then. Nothing too worrisome. Until now, three years in and the compressor noise became high pitched and tinny. Then it stopped. There is just a solenoid clunk and then a hum then it stops, over and over. I checked the fridge and freezer and they had both started to warm up, so I unplugged it. Now I have to contact Sharp and see what they have to say.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
I contacted Sharp Customer Care using their web page. I described in detail what happened. They have taken the refrigerator back through my local Retravision. It is being sent back to Sharp and they have given me a store credit for a new fridge. So I'm very grateful for the fast, no fuss way that they dealt with the problem. Especially impressive during the Christmas/New Year holiday period. My impression of Sharp is that they are a company who backs up their products with good service. It makes me happy to buy any of their products again in the future. Now that I've looked at other fridges I really appreciate what a great fridge my old Sharp one was. Everything was in a good place, it was easy to open and browse in, and the twist ice trays aren't even standard in other fridges - they should be, they were so easy!Hi, We are pleased to hear that the you are happy with the resolution provided. We have passed your feedback on to the relevant managers. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Was loud, now dead!!

Love the lay out and look of fridge, french door design makes it easy to store large items, fitted kitchen space. Was noisy.. Purchased Dec 2015, died Dec 2017, 8 days past manufacturer's warranty and 6 days before Christmas!! Assuming compressor, have extended warranty with Good Guys thankfully, waiting on service call and next step...

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hi Scott, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If there are further issues, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing the issue. Our customer care team will assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Loud

We purchased this fridge as it was one of only a few that would fit in our kitchen. I love the layout of the fridge. But its really loud when the compressor is working. Loud enough to be heard in the next room. Another thing thats annoying is one of the doors does not sit flush with the other 3.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Matty, We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 531050, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

Loud!! Beware this is a very noisy fridge!

We just purchased this model (last week) and chose it because it looked stylish, I loved the layout and it was the right size to fit our kitchen, however, the first one that was delivered last week omitted an unacceptable high pitched continuous loud noise. We had a replacement fridge delivered that does not have the high pitched squeal, however, it also produces a continuous and constant hum. The only time the fridge goes quiet is when I open the fridge door. As soon as I close the door the hum kicks in again. It goes 24/7 and although it is much better than the high pitched squeal, it is still an unacceptable level of noise for a fridge to omit, and can be heard even with the TV on. It's also the first thing I hear when I wake up despite our bedroom being a good distance from the kitchen. The new fridge was just delivered yesterday, so I'll give it the weekend, but if the noise doesn't stop it will be going back. Very disappointing as I love the fridge, looks great, perfect cooling, fabulous usable layout. I would love to keep this fridge but can't stand the constant noise. I am confused as to how other owners with the same model have a very quiet fridge when my never stops making noise! For the price I would expect better.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Jo, We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 530314, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp AustraliaThank you Sharp. I will send details as requested.

Loud Noise from compressor (I assume)

The fridge has been fantastic and is still operation well, however the noise is now so loud from the compressor (we assume that it is that) that it can be heard upstairs in a closed bedroom. Always sops when the door is opened but as soon as it shuts it kicks back on and tries to take off. The noise is louder that the pool pump and the fridge is starting to vibrate.
It was purchased from The Goo Guys Castle Hill in December 2014.
Dissapointed with the product at this stage. Need to get it looked at.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Hi Cam, We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 529925, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

BEWARE THE FREEZER DOOR. Weak magnets

Less than 2 years old. Magnets on freezer door are soo weak when you close the fridge door the air pressure forces the bottom freezer door to pop open slightly. Just enough to not notice -- condensation forms, cold air escapes. Fridge runs all night or day till you realize. Happens all the time and yes drawers are in all the way with nothing blocking them. Lights are weak. Layout and drawer design is good.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi GEC, Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you would like further assistance, please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

LOUD!!!!!

This unit began to make extremely loud noises after about 4 months. It is rattling and also has knocking sounds. This is not what one would accept considering the price of the product. This is a shame as it is quite a nice looking fridge and aside from the noises it does what it should do. However, as said earlier, the loud noises are unacceptable.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Rish, We appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you could please contact us by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist and troubleshoot for you accordingly. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

Nice fridge but compartments limit storage room

This is a nice looking fridge but its compartment make the fridge a little smaller than its size, especially for the freezer as the vertical separation certainly limits its storage space. Fridge also doesn't cool enough and we typically have to set the fridge temperature down to 0C but it still does not feel that cold. When there are many things in the freezer, it also cool things very slowly (we put the beers into the freezer for about 1.5-2 hours and when the guests arrived, they are still not very cold).

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Jim, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. With regards to your cooling settings, could you please contact 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to troubleshoot and assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Hi Sharp customer care Our Sharp Fridge Freezer Hydro, French Door Model No SJ-F624ST-SL has stopped cooling down the freezer part, fridge part seems to be ok. How may temperature sensors are there in the freezer part and where are tey located. How can I get access the them for exchange? Thank you Werner
Hi Ulla, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

We bought the SJF624ST model in January 2015 and it has worked fine if one ignores the occasional loud noise (almost like a small gunshot) that occurs once or twice a day and some occasional motor noise. However, today the ice maker and the top part of the left hand freezer are not freezing - they are cold but not freezing. I checked the manual but there is no reference to this issue. Can you please advise me what is the problem and what needs to be done to repair it Stavros
I approached Sharp directly and they have been very generous in solving our problem with the fridge.Hi Stavrosc. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you

Hi I bought a sharp refrigerator model SJ-XE624F Found a gap between the fridge door rubber sealing. Please let me know is that normal? Thanks Jith
Hi Sreejith, thank you for providing feedback.. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Sharp SJF624STSL (624L, Stainless Steel)Sharp SJF676STSL (676L, Stainless Steel)
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,499$2,749
Dimensions 1720 x 890 x 770 mm1830 x 890 x 770 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Ice Dispenser
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type External External
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 11
Weight104 kg107 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity