Sharp 676L French Door

• Internal Layout
Nash

NashSydney, NSW

Door alarm is keep making noise!

I bought this fridge in May 2018 from Costco. It was working perfectly without any issues until 1 month ago. Now the door alarm is ringing without any reasons and it is very annoying! I need to push or pull the fridge to make it stop. The user manual also not have clear instructions to turn this noise off. This alarm even starts in the middle of night! I am quiet disappointed of this . I need to contact the Sharp warranty section now and anything that they can do from their end.

Purchased in May 2018 for $1,600.00.

Tuan V NguyenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stop running after less than 5 years

The fridge is not running, this happens in less than 5 years, which is very short time for the fridge, and yes we paid $2000 for that at the end of 2014. Pretty disappointed.

Purchased in October 2014.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tuan, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Tim. F

Tim. FWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent fridge

have owned this fridge for past 5 years, has been excellent till recently when it developed a loud noise, similar to what others have been experiencing, called local electrician, found the evaporator motor needed replacing once completed there was improvement but still a humming noise,on further investigation found a rubber mount missing on the base of the compressor and fixed , fridge now operating excellent,

Purchased in July 2013 for $2,770.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Sharp 676L French Door compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

All fine until the noise started

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great until something breaks...

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

LozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant - still

Actually it was the SJ55HWH purchased in 1997 (21 years) and is still going well, (model listed was the closest i could find) til only the other day the freezer doesn't freeze anymore but the fridge part is still powering on faultlessly. Never missed a beat and only just changed the seals last year :-). A perfect example of how products should be made for consumers benefit, not for a short period for the manufacturers benefit and their shareholders.

Date PurchasedJan 1998
Loz

I wish I could but seemed Sharp arn't proving much choice anymore. I just bought a Westinghouse.

Steve

SteveGold Coast

Perfect

Temperature is easily changeable with Digital display
Unit is Surprisingly quiet
Has an inbuilt ice maker so no plumbing is needed
Very stylish design with more than enough room for everything a big family needs
See through doors on the internal freeze made looking for something without the loss of chill ideal.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

HairyNorthampton

vegie crisper freezing

I noticed my vegies were freezing so I checked the fridge temp on the digital readout on the door to see what the thermostat was set at.
The thermostat is set to 4 degrees like I believe it should be......problem is.....the top of the fridge (according to my temp probe) is 4 degrees but the bottom is -4 degrees? If I increase the temp to stop the freezing by 4 degrees it would make the top 8 degrees which I wouldn't have thought cold enough to keep things at a safe temp?

Date PurchasedApr 2017

cc5000@bigpond.com

KittlesBrisbane

Perfect till 1 week out of warranty

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Kittles

Sharp i sent an email on the 26th Jun and still have not heard anything. Will also like to add the company you sent out to inspect my fridge have just billed me.

Geoffrey_Cartridge

Geoffrey_CartridgeAU

It is perfect for us

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Andi

AndiDromana

Awesome fridge for a family with teenagers too !

Hard wearing ,easy to keep clean , quiet and stylish. Firs in the kitchen space easily and doors swing open easily but seal well . Love the space in the freezer , easy to stack and see what's there .Fridge very spacious ,room for lots food .the white seems to stay cleaner than the stainless steel one we had

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Great fridge- until recently, perfect.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Pete

Will do, thanks for responding!

Pete

unfortunately the end result of this customer care contact has been a link to service agents where I can buy a new crisper drawer. I'd much rather the fridge stayed shut, and didn't beep all night.

Shaiz

ShaizSydney, NSW

Very good product, value for money

I am using the Sharp refrigerator for around 3 years now and found it to be an excellent product. I had a Samsung refrigerator which proved to be a pretty average product and I replaced with Sharp. I was a bit skeptical about my choice but in the end, it proved to be a very good refrigerator.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Nic

NicSydney

Great fridge, love the glass look

Overall, I'm very happy with the fridge for the price paid.
We wanted a white glass fridge so that we didn't get dints in (yet another) stainless steel fridge.
And so far my prediction was correct. White glass looks awesome and doesn't get the terrible dints.

next point it was chosen for: the separated left/right veg crisper box, so you only have to open one French door at a time for your veg. And it works perfectly (as long as I remember where I put it!)

And finally: no more huge bucket freezer where everything gets lost and the draws break from the weight of everything in there. Separate (smaller) freezer draws are exactly what I wanted.
Totally happy with my choice of fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Martin

MartinAdelaide

Same problem ice in the crisper carrots freeze solid

Crisper door poor design, the lug breaks off very easily, i have always liffed the door then pulled the drawer out but still breaks the lug, crap design, the crisper freezes up , if you up the food compartment temp it will stop it ,but then your food is not kept a a safe temp, as most dairy and other goods need to be 4 degrees or below

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Kaz

KazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Vegie crisper

the Vegie crisper has ice on the bottom of the crisper so bad that I need to place a hand towel doubled and paper towel. Had a service call , has increased the fridge temperature to 6 degrees, he is not entirely sure why it is occurring.
Wait a week if any improvements.
Purchased an additional three years warranty

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Mist

Mist

Spacious and quiet

We needed a new fridge but we didn't want any fancy features such as water dispenser/ice maker etc. This fridge is so spacious and well designed especially the freezer drawers. The glass panels are beautiful and stylish, and they don't seem to leave finger prints. Overall we are very satisfied.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

IDJCanberra

A nice fridge.....but

We bought our fridge 18 months ago and have been very pleased with its looks and it operation. We particularly like the ice making feature. The fridge is quiet, holds its temperature well and the freezer design is good and provides easy acces. Our disappointment comes from the flimsy design of some of the plastic fittings. We have broken the vegetable crisper lid several times and the lid of the cheese compartment dropped off and broke a week ago. In both case it was the flimsy design of the pivots that gave way. These components are very expensive to replace (the crisper lid was over $90 delivered), rediculously priced for bits of plastic, particularly given that they are also prone to easily break.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
IDJ

Following my review of the Sharp SJFJ676VBK I was contacted by Sharp Customer Care. They have replaced my crisper lid and cheese tray cover free of charge. Thank you Sharp. That is great customer service.

Withajay

WithajayDenmark, West Australia

Great Fridge and Great Service

Nana16

Nana16South Hedland

Love it.

Looks pretty, easy to clean, keeps the food cold, ice-maker is excellent. One minor niggle is that the veggie drawer gets a bit too cold but I'm happy to tolerate that. Being able to see every shelf easily means no more ignored scraps on the bottom shelf.Very happy customer here.

Sabrina

Sabrinaasked

676L French Door

Hi my fridge isnt as cold as its suppose to be its on 10c but some food is going off not sure how to fix this problem

Richard

Richardasked

676L French Door SJFS676VSL (Glass Silver)

Hi just wondering my fridge temperature control is not working fridge is cold but freezer in not quite cold enough?

Loz

Its probably time to cut the cord

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Richard, We encourage you to contact Customer Care via phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Jon

Jonasked

676L French Door SJFJ676VBK (Glass Black)

Hi Sharp Customer Care, we are interested in purchasing this black SJFJ676VBK Fridge but I am naturally concerned with the ongoing problem with the Crisper draw lugs as described by many customers, is this still an ongoing problem or have you solved the problem and if we purchased the fridge how would you deal with this if it happened to us after 1 year ? Regards Jon

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Jon, We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

See all Sharp 676L French Door questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp 676L French Door

Compare all 3 Sharp 676L French Door
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $3,299.00$4,299.00$3,299.00
Dimensions 1830 x 892 x 766 mm1830 x 892 x 766 mm1830 x 892 x 766 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Ice Dispenser
Colour / FinishGlass WhiteGlass SilverGlass Black
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins222
Weight118 kg118 kg118 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity