Sharp 676L French Door

3.4

• Internal Layout
B F.

B F.Sydney, NSW

Excellent size, but failed suddenly, compressor @ 100% all day and night.

Purchased in October 2015 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$2,800.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
Alex

AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good fridge, crappy accessories

All of the inserts are made of this brittle, crappy, cheap plastic that cracks.
When you ring up their customer care number they refuse to replace them (within warranty mind you) and send you a price list. ^%$#^&**&%^%$ I say. I've lost two door inserts within 2 years.
Make a fridge with parts that don't crack with normal use for crying out loud. And back your customers up with decent service.

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,555.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Tuan V NguyenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stop running after less than 5 years

The fridge is not running, this happens in less than 5 years, which is very short time for the fridge, and yes we paid $2000 for that at the end of 2014. Pretty disappointed.

Purchased in October 2014.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tuan, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Sharp 676L French Door compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Tim. F

Tim. FWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent fridge

have owned this fridge for past 5 years, has been excellent till recently when it developed a loud noise, similar to what others have been experiencing, called local electrician, found the evaporator motor needed replacing once completed there was improvement but still a humming noise,on further investigation found a rubber mount missing on the base of the compressor and fixed , fridge now operating excellent,

Purchased in July 2013 for A$2,770.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

All fine until the noise started

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ku den

Ku denMelbourne

Can't find any bad thing about this

This fridge is unbelievable. The design of the fridge is just perfect. Veggie compartment holds the veggie for a very long time without them going off. The shelving are easy to move how you like it. Our friends saw this fridge and went out bought one the next month. Can't find any fault about it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. It is great that you enjoy using the refrigerator. Have a lovely day.

Great until something breaks...

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

LozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant - still

Actually it was the SJ55HWH purchased in 1997 (21 years) and is still going well, (model listed was the closest i could find) til only the other day the freezer doesn't freeze anymore but the fridge part is still powering on faultlessly. Never missed a beat and only just changed the seals last year :-). A perfect example of how products should be made for consumers benefit, not for a short period for the manufacturers benefit and their shareholders.

Date PurchasedJan 1998
Loz

I wish I could but seemed Sharp arn't proving much choice anymore. I just bought a Westinghouse.

Puss-catWestern Australia, 6430

Looks the business, and performed well... for 3 years.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Pearl lee

Pearl leeSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a beauty!

Beautiful french door!, huge capacity, I love how it keeps the cold air in the fridge and the draws for the freezer keeps the cold air inside the compartment, so you are actually not losing out much cold air.

I noticed that someone said this is noisy, but I didn't think it is loud, it sometimes makes sound, but I would assume that is normal for a fridge this size.

Love it love it and think my next fridge would also be this as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
happy campers

happy campersbrisbane

Well done sharp!!!

Love the style, holds good temp, plenty of lights to see, easy to clean, love the freezer draws, so easy to maintain your goods at a glance, very quite, as a retired butcher I know a bit about refrigeration and this one gets 10/10, thanks sharp for doing your homework!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Steve

SteveGold Coast

Perfect

Temperature is easily changeable with Digital display
Unit is Surprisingly quiet
Has an inbuilt ice maker so no plumbing is needed
Very stylish design with more than enough room for everything a big family needs
See through doors on the internal freeze made looking for something without the loss of chill ideal.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Trev

TrevKnox

Too much Radio Frequency Interference.

Love the aesthetics. Amazingly, the plastic sliding draws are still intact after two years!

HOWEVER, every time we open either of the fridge doors, (not the freezer ones), it interferes with our digital television so badly, it can't display a picture. On day one I called Sharp, and all they would say was that it complies with the Australian Standard. If that is the Australian Standard, I'll go He.

I won't buy sharp again.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

HairyNorthampton

vegie crisper freezing

I noticed my vegies were freezing so I checked the fridge temp on the digital readout on the door to see what the thermostat was set at.
The thermostat is set to 4 degrees like I believe it should be......problem is.....the top of the fridge (according to my temp probe) is 4 degrees but the bottom is -4 degrees? If I increase the temp to stop the freezing by 4 degrees it would make the top 8 degrees which I wouldn't have thought cold enough to keep things at a safe temp?

Date PurchasedApr 2017

cc5000@bigpond.com

KittlesBrisbane

Perfect till 1 week out of warranty

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Kittles

Sharp i sent an email on the 26th Jun and still have not heard anything. Will also like to add the company you sent out to inspect my fridge have just billed me.

bobby2shots

bobby2shotsBanksia Beach

Noisy fan sounds like a jet taking off.

I recently purchased a new Sharp 4 door fridge /freezer and it is driving me crazy, What with loud bangs loud cracks like a gunshot and the worst of all fan noises starting and stopping all the time like a 747 taking off. Wish we had never got this fridge !! our 20 year GE never made any funny noises and always worked as expected.
After reading the feedback on this model looks like we will have no luck getting it fixed quickly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Geoffrey_Cartridge

Geoffrey_CartridgeAU

It is perfect for us

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Andi

AndiDromana

Awesome fridge for a family with teenagers too !

Hard wearing ,easy to keep clean , quiet and stylish. Firs in the kitchen space easily and doors swing open easily but seal well . Love the space in the freezer , easy to stack and see what's there .Fridge very spacious ,room for lots food .the white seems to stay cleaner than the stainless steel one we had

Date PurchasedNov 2016
dolly di

dolly dibrisbane

such a delicious looking fridge, a statement piece in our Kitchen

Well I have to say I am in love with this fridge it is so quite, and fabulous to look at, when you open the top doors everything is easy to see, so no more worries about leftovers going bad because you cant see them. We selected the black glass exterior which is so easy to clean and looks absolutely dynamic a great addition to our kitchen. The temperature range is wonderful, as we have had such a hot summer everything has been chilled to perfection. The freezer has drawers which is so easy to keep everything tidy and in place and has huge double ice trays. We have no regrets about purchasing this fridge, so happy with it to date

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Sharp A.Sharp

Great fridge- until recently, perfect.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Pete

Will do, thanks for responding!

Pete

unfortunately the end result of this customer care contact has been a link to service agents where I can buy a new crisper drawer. I'd much rather the fridge stayed shut, and didn't beep all night.

B F.

B F.asked

SJF676STSL

Similar to earlier poster, our refridgerator suddenly started freezing everything. I tried the sharp helpline, who gave me the number of a third party maintenance company that works for SHARP, who have me the number of a local repairer who is the only approved company, who told me straight out "cannot get parts for this" . Looks like the only way forward is ACCC advice here -for a $2800 fridge I believe I could reasonably expect durability to be longer than 4 years of use :

Any other advice?

Sarah A.

Sarah A.asked

SJF676STSL

Hi.
The freezer part of my unit is working perfectly, but the fridge is freezing things. Why is this happening? I've tried lowering the temperature of both the freezer and the fridge down to -15 and 6 but it's not helping. What do I do?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sarah, thank you for contacting us. You can turn off the unit for 24 hours and turn it back on. If this does not help, the unit may need to inspected/repaired by a Sharp approved service centre. Please view the following link for a service centre near you. https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/service-centre-locator

Richard

Richardasked

SJFS676VSL (Glass Silver)

Hi just wondering my fridge temperature control is not working fridge is cold but freezer in not quite cold enough?

Loz

Its probably time to cut the cord

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Richard, We encourage you to contact Customer Care via phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives