Sharp SJXE624FSL / SJXE676FSL

Sharp SJXE624FSL / SJXE676FSL

SJXE624FSL and SJXE676FSL

Perfect Fridge,Freezer for couple (NOT for family)

We downsized from separate fridge and separate freezer to this Sharp model as there are only two of us in the house, Perfect size, so far excellent only been 11 months NO issues at all, apart from the top shelf not high enough for some items,everything else is perfect, keeps all fruit and veg. fresh and crispy, all settings are very easy to workout.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,560.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Dents in the doors

The fridge runs well and fits nicely into our fridge cavity. HOWEVER, a few months after purchase we noticed dents in both the top doors. We assumed someone had pushed them shut too hard. Then more small dents started appearing. We contacted Sharp service, their rep. came out and said that shouldn't happen. After a couple of months Sharp gave us two top replacement door shells. They did not replace the full doors, just the outside of the doors. No dents. Now 6 months later each corner of the top doors has a dent. We are so careful, it has to be the pressure from the inside of the cabinet v the outside air pressure. Does anyone else have this problem When the original doors were taken off the rep. told us to push on them to see how easily they might dent. No way, they were very quite sturdy and could not be dented by pushing on them. It is obviously a design fault.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Barry, Thank you for providing feedback for this product. We will pass these comments on to the relative product managers for review, but if you would like to engage further, feel free to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this review to contact our Customer Care team.

i never knew our old fridge was so ordinary

Things i love about this fridge.
I can put large platers in. the double doors is the best design for economy and ease. The ice maker is sooooo easy, elegant and takes up little room and i can take out half in winter. Good quality draws. Great having two door freezer with draws down the bottom. (the best design!) THEY GOT IT RIGHT!!! love this fridge. Quiet too......so i dont know what the other reviewers are experiencing......

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Cate, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.

What a great Fridge

brought from the good guy last year.
it is quiet
it comes with four doors and makes it so much easier to get food in and out from the fridge.
the overall build quality is good, actually it is better than many other more expensive fridge.
the internal design is so thoughtful, for example it comes with LED light and it automatically turn on when I open fridge doors.
Really really really love this fridge and I would definitely buy it again next time.
Well Done Sharp

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dear JC1978, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers.

Very noisy

Have just bought this fridge & can't stand the loud noise it goes from a loud hum to constantly running it only stops when the doors are opened. We've never had a fridge this noisy. I turn up the TV at night so I can't hear it.
We bought this model because of the stylish look and solid shelves but I wish they had fridges turned on in the shops so you can hear the motor running before purchasing.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Dear Customer, thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you still like us to contact you to assist, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback.

Practicality

Love the freezer separate sections and like the draws in fridge although there is an extra cold draw which does freeze the bottom of some foods
The only problem I find is the fridge Is a little deceptive with the space ; it’s quite small not deep enough for jugs to stand up or accommodate large casserole or salad bowls
There is a taller one if I had seen the alternative I would have bought instead for e tra fridge space as had the room

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

Constant fan noise

I have had this fridge for almost 4 weeks (received August 2018). In that time the circulating fan runs almost every minute of the day with the exception of when the doors are opened and the compressor starts. Otherwise it is ALWAYS running. The fan noise is louder than the compressor and becomes quite annoying after a while. (not to mention how much extra power it might be consuming).
Sharp sent a tech from the local service agent who (promptly) came and adjusted the door gap thinking it was a temperature issue. Problem did not go away. I rang Sharp and questioned a technical person as to whether the constant running of the fan was normal and he said it wasn't.
Back in touch with the service agent and they now tell me the constant running is normal (so conflicting information)....and that I am only noticing it because my house is very quiet!! (not a very well thought out response considering I have lived with the same background noise level for some time and never had an issue with my old fridge).
Back on to the Good Guys (being very helpful) now to try and get this resolved.
I like the fridge features and style however, if the constant noise is not resolved, I will be requesting a return and possible alternate brand if the constant noise is regarded as normal.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Dear customer, thank you for the time in providing feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers for their review.I did not receive any satisfactory resolution from Sharp. Basically told to accept the noise as it is deemed normal. Not good enough! Product was returned to The Good Guys who have been fanatic in the whole process. Paid a little more and bought a Hisense 595 litre. Similar style... quiet as a mouse with no constant fan noise. No more Sharp for me.

Interesting Problem

I today received the Sharp SJXE624FSL that i purchase from The Good Guys. Seems to run quiet, temp control good, but one interesting thing happens when either fridge door is opened and the light comes on. Our TV loses signal and once the fridge doors are closed the signal returns to the TV. Wondering if there is a fault that only happens when the doors or lights are on. Will be contacting Sharp tomorrow.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Steve, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through email to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will assist you accordingly.Just an update. Product seems to be working fine (although i still dont know if there is a fault or not) but the Sharp customer care team and technical department have not been of any assistance. The last email I received from customer care reference my issue said the information has been passed on to the Technical Department and that was on 30 August 2018, and I am still waiting for a reply and resolution. VERY DISAPPOINTINGHi Steve, Happy to hear this seems to have resolved itself. I've been in touch with Customer Care - they will contact you to follow up to provide some additional detail related to your case.

Quite Good

We recently purchased SJXE624FSL fridge from Good Guys. Quite happy with overall space and performance. However have following concerns:
1. Top front doors are misaligned and I could not get them to align. I could get the bottom ones in alignment though.
2. Compressor/fan seem to run all the time (May be that is a feature of Inverter fridge??). Also I would have loved for compressor to make less sound (My 10 year old LG that this one replaced used to be almost silent)

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Prasad, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you would like us to assist you, please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will contact you.

Perfect fridge

This French door fridge is brilliant. Loads of space as the shelving adjusts and the freezer part isn’t one big bucket like most , it has shelves and is so much better to access. Integrated handles are the big design winner (rather than ones that stick out) . It’s quiet and looks great.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Dear Cal, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. It is great that you enjoy using the refrigerator. Have a lovely day.

Can't find any bad thing about this

This fridge is unbelievable. The design of the fridge is just perfect. Veggie compartment holds the veggie for a very long time without them going off. The shelving are easy to move how you like it. Our friends saw this fridge and went out bought one the next month. Can't find any fault about it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. It is great that you enjoy using the refrigerator. Have a lovely day.

Great fridge.

I am really happy with my recent purchase of this fridge. I had read it was noisy, however I haven’t found this at all. It is well set out, easy to see everything in the fridge. I did find the 3 degree setting a little too cold, so I have turned it up to 4 degrees to see how that is. The lighting in the fridge is great too. I do however, wish there were some lights in the freezer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Customer, Thank you for the feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind Regards, Sharp Australia

Our perfect first brand new fridge ever!

We like Japan product brand because the quality is very good. It has been 1 year now and no problems at all. The temperature is always cold inside the fridge and it does not take long to freeze ice blocks or other stuff in the freezer. Very easy to adjust the temperature and to clean up. A bit of noise but no big deal at all. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Yen, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Perfect!

Was bit suspicious on this fridge before purchasing due to the online review of the awful motor noise.
But once it turned up and spin,Jes that was Silent ,so for me the rumor is not existed.

The only thing is if you read the instruction,the motor will spin loud once per day as for the need of maintenance so it is normal that way.
As for the cooling function,it does not have many fansy programmings but it does the main job well.
And also it provides extra large freezer space !
Well done especially at this price and satisfied.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Caleb, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Great product highly recommended

We liked this fridge very much, it's good quality, maintains a consistent temperature all the time, Large and handy four compartments easy to use and clean, very easy to adjust the temperature. over all it is a large, quiet, efficient good looking fridge. Great value! I would highly recommended this great product to everyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Ada, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

One of the best fridge we ever had

We had this fridge since 2014. It's one of the best fridge we ever had. love the Japanese quality. We were worry when upgrading out fridge because there are so many things could go wrong. This fridge is quiet and never let us down. Maintenance on Sharp fridge is very low. We will definitely buy another Sharp product.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Hi David, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

awesome

its so quiet, and also very easy to clean. I have already owned it for years still use like a new one. Temperature is easily changeable with Digital display
Unit is Surprisingly quiet. Very stylish design with more than enough room for everything a big family needs
See through doors on the internal freeze made looking for something without the loss of chill ideal.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Hi Jerry, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerators. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

very good

it does maintain a good temperature in all compartments it is quiet and it is easy to clean
i am very satisfactory to use this refrigerator. i give a high evaluation i hope the company will continue to make a better refrigerator, all the best and good luck for all of you

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Xiaomei, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Have a great day. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Its okayy

It can get quite loud but the four compartments come in very handy! I love the handles and it maintains a consistent temperature in all four compartments. The price is alright but I have since found cheaper/more efficient fridges by bigger brands such as Samsung or LG! Late at night, the noise can get irritating but if you live in a big house it shouldn't be a problem!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Raymond, Thank you for the feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Large, efficient, not as noisy as some say

We chose this fridge after extensive research and back and forth from many different stores. We are so happy that we ended up choosing this 4 door French fridge. There is so much room in the fridge and the FREEZER. It’s great for parties and we absolutely love that the freezer has so much space and we are able to keep meats away from other items by using the drawers. It makes for great organisation. It makes some random noises but it’s not loud at all. All fridges make these noises.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Astrid, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Hi. Can anything be done about the noise of the fridge? What is the issue with the right hand door seal heat. I have not bought this fridge yet. But want to. Just getting info beforehand.
Hi Barry, Thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care via phone on 1300 135 022 so they can assist with your questions accordingly.Hi Barry, I don’t have any trouble with the fridge being noisy at all. I never hear it. And, I certainly haven’t had any trouble with the door seals. I really love this fridge. The only thing I would like to see change is some lighting in the freezer. It’s a great fridge for a really reasonable price.

I am considering buying the 624L Sharp SJXE624FSL fridge. My kitchen cavity is 178cm-H x 97cn-W by 66cm-D so fitting the fridge should not be an issue. My only concern is will the fridge fit through my doorway which is 79 cm wide, versus the Sharp fridge depth of 77.8 cm? I don't want to go through the cost (and hassle) of calling a Sharp authorised technician to remove & refit the doors should the fit be an issue.
Hi Glenn, Thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will be able to assist you accordingly.

Hi, I recently purchased Sharp SJXE624FSL fridge from Thegoodguys. The fridge is constantly running. It is less than two weeks old. Please help with this. Thanks.
Hi James, We are concerned to hear about your experience. Could you please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 530723? Our customer care team will investigate and assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaCalled your customer care team and got the phone number for the local authorised repairer. After the repairer changed one part from the fridge on his first visit, the problem is still there. Called the repairer again and the repairer came for the second time. Now am waiting for the repairer to come for the third time with a new part. Sharp needs to improve its quality control, IMO. I will keep posting here until the case is finalised.To continue this case. The repairer came for the third time with the parts. He replaced the parts. However, the fridge is still running constantly (producing noise all the time). The repairer quickly reported to Sharp. On 22 December 2017, Sharp represtnative rang me and told me that they would offer the store credit and the store would contact me in the following few days. I contacted the store and asked for a replacement fridge. The replacement fridge was delivered on 2 January 2018. The new fridge is working well so far. Thank Sharp for prompt response to the technician's report and offering the replacement. It was the dealer who slowed the replacement process.

Sharp SJXE624FSLSharp SJXE676FSL
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,599$2,899
Dimensions 1720 x 892 x 771 mm1830 x 892 x 771 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice Dispenser
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 33
Weight100 kg103 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity