Sharp SJXE624FSL / SJXE676FSL

Sharp SJXE624FSL / SJXE676FSL (page 2 of 3)

SJXE624FSL and SJXE676FSL

Perfect fridge

Probably the best fridge my household has ever had. I love the 4 doors it makes it so easy to get what you want. Especially the freezer section. Being short the fridges with the deep freezer draws are not ideal for me, so this fridge having two door freezer compartments is perfect. Plenty of space for everything and the temperature is perfect. also the main fridge section has a mirror at the back meaning you can see all your food, this is a great idea and makes it easy to see food hidden in the back. There is more than enough space in this fridge, yet at the same time it physically doesn't take up too much room.

The noise is pretty quiet, I sometimes hear it from the living room but usually you don't even notice its there. At first I noticed the fridge section wasn't keeping food as cold as my old fridge however now it seems to be fine.

Only downside is the panel on the front doesn't seem to display anything. Either I haven't read the booklet well enough or there's not meant to be anything there.

An overall great fridge

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi lottiefitz, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

SO DISAPPOINTED

I love the look of this fridge, plenty of room, love the ice dispenser, easily organised freezer compartments. But ........ the noise! So very noisy and FREQUENTLY. It disturbs my sleep and sometimes the noise turns to a vibration which does not stop. I have had to turn off mains power on a number of occasions to stop it. I also notice the right door seal gets quite hot. We had guests for dinner one night recently and all said there was no way they would consider one based on the noise. Due to a busy Christmas/New Year schedule have not yet had time to call re service. Just hope I've not bought a lemon.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Faye, We are concerned to hear about your experience. Could you please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 531978? Our customer care team will investigate and assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaHi, thank you so much for your reply. My reference CRN 531978. Kind regards Faye CookHello again, as I've not had a response as yet I'm just wondering the best action for me to take. The noise is proving a bit too much. My reference CRN 531978. Thanks so much. Kind regards Faye Cook

Great fridge

Awesome fridge, great quality, LEDs lights are very nice and the temperature is being kept perfectly.
It hasn't been noisy at all, it looks great in our kitchen and the really can not find a problem with the unit. We had the fridge for six months so far, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Canguro, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaNo worries, by the way, we noticed the sides of the fridge doors get hot. Any idea? is this normal or known?

Great fridge, not noisy,

great fridge, drawers in freezer work very well to keep everything in place, temperature in fridge is constant and nothing gets too cold/freezes, not noisy like others have mentioned, they must of fixed any issues on current production, fridge is very heavy and need at least three strong guys to move it up starts safely, (did it with two but was not safe imo)

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Rod, Thank you for the feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

What a beauty!

Beautiful french door!, huge capacity, I love how it keeps the cold air in the fridge and the draws for the freezer keeps the cold air inside the compartment, so you are actually not losing out much cold air.

I noticed that someone said this is noisy, but I didn't think it is loud, it sometimes makes sound, but I would assume that is normal for a fridge this size.

Love it love it and think my next fridge would also be this as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Pearl, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Too noisy. Omg even noisier than 10 years old one.

Its our first time to use new one in our life.

However it starts making "wizzing" nosie once we use after half day.

And so loud now. And keep going. We didnt check this review before.

Bought from goodguys. And checked only goodguys review. So regretble i should have checked this so much noisy issue review.

I cant believe its louder than 10 years old samsung or lg brands.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Young, We are concerned to hear about your experience. Could you please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 530568? Our customer care team will investigate and assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaHave been used now 6mths. It got used to be the whizzing noise. So doesn't concern to us anymore. By the way, it's still gd to use. Wish we can use it next 10 years more.Hi Young, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us. Have a good day.

Well done sharp!!!

Love the style, holds good temp, plenty of lights to see, easy to clean, love the freezer draws, so easy to maintain your goods at a glance, very quite, as a retired butcher I know a bit about refrigeration and this one gets 10/10, thanks sharp for doing your homework!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Quite a noisy fridge!

We chose this particular model because it fit into the space in our kitchen however, the first one that was delivered did not have any lights in the refrigerator section - but it was very quiet. We had a replacement fridge delivered and although we can now see what is in the fridge - it is very noisy! After reading other reviews, I am a little confused as to how others owners with the same model have a very quiet fridge, but mine is one of the few that is not! The noise is constantly there and even sounds louder at night!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Paula, We are concerned to hear about your experience. Could you please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 529801? Our customer care team will investigate and assist you accordingly. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaThankyou for your response. I will make contact as directed.

Good performer but hot door syndrome

This fridge freezer performs well, not noisy as some have observed. Presents well and has heaps of space. The only concern that I have is with a very hot right hand door seal. All other seals in an acceptable temperature range. I would like to know what is causing the problem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi John, Thank you for the feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers. Our Customer Care team would like to investigate the issue, and in order to support you further, could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 529548. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Excellent fridge

Maintains really good temperature lots of room love the compartments and the bottom 2 door freezer . You can see everything at a glance in fridge and freezer not as much waste can't forget I have veggies that used to get lost in bottom crisper like I did in old fridge previously

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Flash, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Otherwise an excellent fridge

We bought this fridge because it fitted the space available perfectly. We are very happy with its performance and how quiet it is. But why does the seal on one of the doors get so hot. I scanned it with infrared and measured 38C. The other door is normal. What if anything is wrong there?

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Werner, Thank you for the feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers. Our Customer Care team would like to investigate the issue, and in order to support you further, could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 528560? . Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Constant noise!!!!

This fridge is driving me insane! It makes a constant buzzing and mechanical noise and nothing I've tried shuts it up! I am tempted to turn it off and throw out our food because it's driving me crazy and I can't sleep! It's only 4 weeks old so based on all the other reviews I've read, something must be wrong with ours. ALSO you have to really push to make sure the doors are closed because they don't shut easily. Worst fridge I've ever had!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Danielle, Thank you for the feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers. Our Customer Care team would like to investigate the issue, and in order to support you further, could you please email us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, mentioning this CRN 528134? . Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaI have emailed as per above. Thanks for the quick tesponse

Excellent size and quiet

A great refrigerator-freezer of the correct size for a small family. The compartments and shelvings are well arranged and items are easily accessible. It is quiet and economical to run with a 3 stars rating. Has not encountered any problem since purchased new about 15 months ago from Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Bernard, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy using Sharp's refrigerator. Have a great day ahead. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Lights are all at the back IN the EYEs and NOT bright enough

Lights are in the back and don't light the fridge well
and its very in your eye with a crystal diffuser

freezer at the bottom is hard to access

other than that if you don't mind all the lights in the fridge pointing straight in the eye and not in the compartment

also if you stack everything in the fridge don't expect to be able to see

doors are also hard to close being either open or closed and no in between its hard to close because it either snaps open or closed but it doesn't even close at a few inches

the light also takes a long time to turn on when you open the door and has a weird bluey white colour to it instead of nice bright daylight white meaning your food looks funny in the fridge

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Curtis, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you would like us to assist you, please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Too much Radio Frequency Interference.

Love the aesthetics. Amazingly, the plastic sliding draws are still intact after two years!

HOWEVER, every time we open either of the fridge doors, (not the freezer ones), it interferes with our digital television so badly, it can't display a picture. On day one I called Sharp, and all they would say was that it complies with the Australian Standard. If that is the Australian Standard, I'll go He.

I won't buy sharp again.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Dear Trev, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Good but noisy

Good space. I like having the fridge on freezer combo. The doors not self closing takes getting used to but I don't see it as a con.
The motor noise however. Runs non stop except with the doors open. I contacted sharp and was told this is normal. I admit I have not owned a sharp fridge before but it is not normal for LG or Whirlpool. I suspect the fridge is not able to get to the temperature set. Could be a common fault

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Dear Nads999, Thank you for your feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers for their review. Have a great day ahead. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Excellent so far!

Seems very good so far. Purchased April 2017. Like the design very much. Much quieter than previous fridge. Hate fingerprints on stainless steel when sales person assured me fingerprints wouldn't show!! Wide shelves make for good visual & easy to clean .
Hope it continues to be a wise purchase!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Carme, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Happy with purchase.

I particularly wanted a French door design fridge/freezer when I upgraded. I chose this particular one because it was being promoted at the time, so was a good price, and I also got a further discount as it was one of several large appliances I bought at the same time when my kitchen was being renovated. I've had it for about 8 months now and am happy with how it performs. It looks good and the glossy effect on the stainless steel keeps it fingerprint resistant and smart looking. The doors seem to be designed that so they won't slam, but what it means is that if you try to swing them closed they half close and then open wide again. They need to be closed firmly. However the few times I didn't do this the fridge beeped and let me know there was a door open which is a feature I really like, and I quickly learned to close them firmly. There is no permanent temperature on display to keep an eye on. It is noisier than previous fridge/freezers that I've owned. I am certainly aware of it at times as our house is open plan, but not to the nuisance level that others have found. It does make a dripping noise at times which has had me searching for leaks, but it seems to be just one of the range of sounds it makes.

Fridge:
I like the fact that I can open both the French doors for easy cleaning and rearranging, but I can still open just one side to remove or put things in.
The temperature is consistent.
Lots of storage in the doors.
Good size fridge shelves
BUT
I can't stand beverage bottles upright on the fridge shelves, so I just have to hope and pray that the lids have good seals on them when I lie them down - this is a significant oversight in the fridge design.

Freezer:
The freezer drawers open and close easily and it's easy to find things.
This model has ice trays rather than an ice maker and it makes the ice well and the trays are easy to turn and empty into the tray.
Temperature is consistent.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Lynne, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp Refrigerator. Kind regards, Sharp AustraliaUpdate as I can't find an edit option for my review: I have had the fridge/freezer for over 18 months now and I'm still very happy with it.Hi Lynne, thank you for the update. Have a lovely day.

Smart looking modern fridge

Fairly happy with this fridge nice and modern looking , doors easy to clean and keep looking nice and shiney, great freezer layout with lots of draws . Design and layout good but can be fairly noisy at times, lucky it is on a different level to bedrooms or else it would probably drive me crazy.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers for their review. Have a great day ahead. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Perfect diamensions for a standard kitchen if you want a French style door

I shopped for the largest fridge with French style doors that fitted into the kitchen fridge compartment at home. It ended up being either a Electrolux or this Fridge - both being made by the same factory. I chose this one purely because it was a lot cheaper than the Electrolux when on sale.

Many new homes have a 950mm width, 1.8m height and 600-800mm depth. This fridge was definitely designed for this opening.

I've now had this fridge for 4 months, so the below is what I have found with daily use.

PROS
1. The fridge is quiet - I was worried about previous reviews saying it was loud, but I rarely hear any sounds from this fridge.
2. The lighting in the fridge is bright.
3. Freezer has well sized compartments
4. Plenty of Ice with dual ice trays and storage for ice. Ice maker is sturdy, but takes up freezer space.
5. Plenty of space to store different items and wide enough to store massive cakes, platters, etc.
6. Holds temperatures well.
7. Well built interior with good plastics and glass. Plastic joins fit well so quite easy to clean.
8. Compartment doors open and slide easily.

CONS
1. Does not show current temperature in fridge or freezer on its LCD display
2. No lighting in the freezer
3. Shelves are not really adjustable. if you fill up the doors, then you can't place anything taller than a can on most of the shelves. Be prepared to place bottles on its side. - I find this a design fault.
4. It does not have door handles, only door recesses for you to open the doors. Older people with weaker fingers/arthritis will find it difficult to open this fridge - opt for Electrolux version if this is the case. They will hate this fridge purely for this reason. Remember with door handles they can use their hand and arm strength to open the door. With this fridge, you tend to use the strength in your fingers and hand. it's a point worth noting if buying for older parents, or you have weak hands.
5. Doors do not close automatically. You will need to push the doors fully shut to close. Most fridges I have encountered have self closing doors and I thought this was a given. This one again is a massive design fault.
6. No shelving on the freezer doors - though it's not alone on this, I actually missed this feature on my previous fridge. It allows for little things to have a place in the freezer.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant managers for their review. Have a great day ahead. Kind regards, Sharp Australia

Hi, we are having issues with temperature of the fridge it is set on 3 degrees but is hovering between 4 - 6 degrees having food going off before expiry we purchased a temperature gauge to check, even setting the fridge to 2 degrees doesn’t help. Can you please help ? Thank you
Could be faulty thermostat OR door seals not sealing properly ??Hi Dustin, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We encourage you to reach out to our Customer Care team at ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review for assistance.

Hi. Can anything be done about the noise of the fridge? What is the issue with the right hand door seal heat. I have not bought this fridge yet. But want to. Just getting info beforehand.
Hi Barry, Thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care via phone on 1300 135 022 so they can assist with your questions accordingly.Hi Barry, I don’t have any trouble with the fridge being noisy at all. I never hear it. And, I certainly haven’t had any trouble with the door seals. I really love this fridge. The only thing I would like to see change is some lighting in the freezer. It’s a great fridge for a really reasonable price.

I am considering buying the 624L Sharp SJXE624FSL fridge. My kitchen cavity is 178cm-H x 97cn-W by 66cm-D so fitting the fridge should not be an issue. My only concern is will the fridge fit through my doorway which is 79 cm wide, versus the Sharp fridge depth of 77.8 cm? I don't want to go through the cost (and hassle) of calling a Sharp authorised technician to remove & refit the doors should the fit be an issue.
Hi Glenn, Thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will be able to assist you accordingly.

Sharp SJXE624FSLSharp SJXE676FSL
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,599$2,899
Dimensions 1720 x 892 x 771 mm1830 x 892 x 771 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice Dispenser
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 33
Weight100 kg103 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity