Shelta Australia

Shelta Australia (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by Shelta

3.9

A fantastic umbrella and a fantastic company!

Ken
KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor umbrella repairs.

Shelta Repairs made sure I had the right part. George guided me by telling me what indentification photographs to email. Quick and efficient to deal with. Goods arrived next day.

Bobf
BobfLawnton

Outstanding customer service!

I would thoroughly recommend Shelta and their spare parts division to potential customers as they know what I am very pleased with the outstanding service provided by Shelta's spare parts division. I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and received the goods on Monday, from Sydney to Brisbane. Under promising and over delivering - excellent in these days of slack service. George from spares was very helpful in identifying the correct model, even though we purchased it some 10-15 years ago. Very easy to assemble. Customer service is!!. Bob, Bribie Island.

Deb in Townsville
Deb in TownsvilleNorth Queensland, QLD

Five star customer service

This was the best customer service I have received in a long time, thank you George. Answered emails promptly, helped me find the item I was wanting to replace, paid pm Thursday and the item was at my door the following afternoon.

Pascal
PascalSydney, NSW

Great customer service. Going the extra mile

Ordered a spare part online (rotate bearing) but I ordered the wrong model. Called Shelta and they kindly offered to swap it for the correct part and do the drop and pick up for free! Great customer service. Responding fast to emails and phone enquiry. Also have two of their umbrellas (Savannah) and they have been fantastic for us. Well built and well worth the investment

Excellent service

An 4 mtr Octagonal outdoors shade umbrella I purchased about 15 years ago (maybe longer) suffered a broken rib when being opened. I rang Shelta Parts and Repairs in western Sydney and spoke to George re repair. He was very helpful, establishing that the still had some stock of the ribs required for repair. I dropped the umbrella off at the repair department. George was there. He inspected the damage, said it could be repaired, gave me a quote, which I accepted, and said it would be repaired within days. It was.
It was delivered to my address within a a couple of days.
The service I received was, in all, a rather a pleasant experience. Courteous, professional and prompt.
Well done Shelta and your staff.

Helena
HelenaMelbourne, Victoria

Worst customer service ever

What was perceived to be a high quality umbrella broke well within the warranty period after only been used a a handful of times. Shelta no longer have an office in Victoria, so getting any resolution was almost impossible. The retailer we bought the umbrella from did everything they could, but it still took Shelta 3 months to agree to have the umbrella repaired. I would NOT recommend buying a Shelta product.

Jeremy
Jeremy

No instructions - makes for a lousy customer experience

I'm not going to bother rating the cover I bought. This is the second time I have purchased a Shelta product. And the second time there is no instruction manual. There won't be a third opportunity. It's not an acceptable customer experience when you have to guess how the damn thing works or how to assemble it.

Paul
PaulBrisbane

Shelta Umbrella Stainless Steel and Granite Base

Purchased Shelta stainless steel and granite base.

The Photo attached is 9 months outdoors.

The base is 'stainless' steel yet is coated in lacquer from the manufacturer to protect it, but it has still rusted within 9 months outdoors. The photos show the base and handle.

Can not recommend this base as it has not lasted even one year before looking quite rusted. Very low quality stainless steel.

Frank
FrankSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Product is high quality, The Customer service team are 1st class

We have had a Harbour Umbrella on our balcony for 10 years, eventually the canvas cover wore out and needed replacing. I ordered a replacement cover, which did not fit the older frame, so George and Brad in the repairs section invented a unique extension for the 4 metal wings of the frame and posted them up to me within a couple of days and results were perfect. The whole team that I dealt with at Shelta, including Kylie, were extremely helpful and efficient and we look forward to many more years of enjoyment using these high-quality products from SHELTA Australia.

Dennis Frawley
Dennis FrawleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service !!

I purchased a Shelta Outdoor Umbrella and the 4 section water filled base. Upon assembling the base and filling then with water, I noticed that one of the base sections had a tiny pinhole and was leaking water. I contacted my place of purchase who in turn contacted Shelta, and within an hour I had Shelta on the phone asking my address to send me a new section, of course - no charge. That’s what I call Customer Service. Thanks Again.

gillegan
gilleganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Neat and super compact umbrella

I bought a Shelta umbrella as it would have to be the most compact umbrella on the market and fits neatly in a handbag. It’s also very lightweight and dries quickly.

Ben
BenCanberra 2600, ACT

My umbrella cover fell apart. No replacement provided.

I called Shelta to a replacement. I never heard back from them. Not worthwhile spending money on their umbrellas as no customer service exists in my opinion. Shops told me that replacement covers are available, but when I asked them to get one they did not assist either. I was not able to get a replacement cover. I will need to find a brand who offers me customer service, also after sales service.

Barbara
BarbaraBrisbane

Resin Wicker outdoor chairs

• +1Thumbnail
Frangipani D.
Frangipani D.Perth, WA

Bad customer service

Disgusting warranty repair

I purchased a Savannah umbrella from an outdoor furniture company and after 11 months it snapped. Waited 4 months for repair and the local service company has told me that they were sent the wrong replacement part 3 times.

This is apparently a very common problem with Shelta and its very poor after sales service and support.

m s
m smid north coast nsw australia

Outdoor dining chairs breaking down after normal usage outdoors

Rod Cameron
Rod Cameron

Excellent after sales service

I purchased a Vancouver umbrella from Havey Norman in Noosaville ,after a few months use I had problems with it,and reported it to Havey Norman,who contacted Shelta the manufacturer,both were were very professional and understanding of the handling of my problem ,both Shelta and Havey Norman went out of there way to correct the problem,I couldn’t speak more highly of both companies

FainaJ
FainaJNew South Wales, 2017

Couldn't get worse.

After skin cancer operation I've decided to buy 50+ Shelta umbrella from Cancer Council store. Turned out to be the worst umbrella I'd ever had. Unbelievable. The $5 variety stores umbrellas are much better quality than this one, and for the hefty price of $35 too. Well, never again obviously.

Disappinted
DisappintedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy the Outdoor Umbrellas and Base.

JuneR
JuneRCairns

Warning....Don't Buy the Outdoor Hazel Octagonal Umbrella

We live in Cairns, and purchased the 2.7m Hazel Octagonal Outdoor umbrella in 2016 and after 16 months - the fabric is literally disintegrating! This has now happened twice now - the first time it happened, it was within the 12 mth warranty so we were able to return it and be given a replacement., Now the second one is falling apart, so we will NEVER buy another Shelta outdoor umbrella again. The fabric is just rubbish and does not withstand the weather, even though we always collapsed it when it rained. It looks good when it's new, but with a 'shelf life' of just over 12 months, it's hardly worth the money! Buy another more sturdy and durable brand!

Sun umbrella

I brought this fold up sun umbrella to help protect me from the sun me whilst out and about, trouble is they are not sturdy and blow inside out with the slightest puff of wind. So really of no use especially walking along a beachfront as you are fighting it the whole time to keep it from blowing inside out.

Mike J
Mike JAdelaide

An excellent product

Our 2.7-metre Shelta bought from The Outdoor Furniture Specialists (which they market as the Hazel) survived its first Adelaide summer with flying colours. Unlike a cheap umbrella that I had bought from a hardware chain but promptly returned because it was rubbish, the Hazel has a solid, all-aluminium pole and frame, a sturdy winding mechanism and clever tilt function. The taupe-coloured canopy looks good and provides excellent shade. I'd never buy a black one because, while it might look sexy, black absorbs heat, which in an umbrella is counter-productive. Also, we always furl our umbrella after every use and slip a protective cover on it. It's an inexpensive way to protect the fabric and prolong the umbrella's life.

Shelter - Poor shading loose Olefin weave.

Chris 2125