Shelta Australia

Shelta Australia

Listing monitored by Shelta

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (3)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (1) · Not as advertised (0)

Replacement canopy

I couldn't find the canopy on the website but after calling the staff found the one I needed. It arrived quickly and was easy to fit, the only thing I would complain about would be the cost as it was more than half the price of the umbrella.

Helena
HelenaMelbourne, Victoria

Worst customer service ever

What was perceived to be a high quality umbrella broke well within the warranty period after only been used a a handful of times. Shelta no longer have an office in Victoria, so getting any resolution was almost impossible. The retailer we bought the umbrella from did everything they could, but it still took Shelta 3 months to agree to have the umbrella repaired. I would NOT recommend buying a Shelta product.

Paul
PaulBrisbane

Shelta Umbrella Stainless Steel and Granite Base

Purchased Shelta stainless steel and granite base.

The Photo attached is 9 months outdoors.

The base is 'stainless' steel yet is coated in lacquer from the manufacturer to protect it, but it has still rusted within 9 months outdoors. The photos show the base and handle.

Can not recommend this base as it has not lasted even one year before looking quite rusted. Very low quality stainless steel.

gillegan
gilleganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Neat and super compact umbrella

I bought a Shelta umbrella as it would have to be the most compact umbrella on the market and fits neatly in a handbag. It’s also very lightweight and dries quickly.

Furniture Shops

Find out how Shelta Australia compares to other Furniture Shops

Ben
BenCanberra 2600, ACT

My umbrella cover fell apart. No replacement provided.

I called Shelta to a replacement. I never heard back from them. Not worthwhile spending money on their umbrellas as no customer service exists in my opinion. Shops told me that replacement covers are available, but when I asked them to get one they did not assist either. I was not able to get a replacement cover. I will need to find a brand who offers me customer service, also after sales service.

Barbara
BarbaraBrisbane

Resin Wicker outdoor chairs

• +1Thumbnail

Disgusting warranty repair

I purchased a Savannah umbrella from an outdoor furniture company and after 11 months it snapped. Waited 4 months for repair and the local service company has told me that they were sent the wrong replacement part 3 times.

This is apparently a very common problem with Shelta and its very poor after sales service and support.

Should I buy expensive or cheap outdoor furniture?

Avleen M.
Avleen M.2 Nov 2021
should-i-buy-expensive-or-cheap-outdoor-furniture
m s
m smid north coast nsw australia

Outdoor dining chairs breaking down after normal usage outdoors

FainaJ
FainaJNew South Wales, 2017

Couldn't get worse.

After skin cancer operation I've decided to buy 50+ Shelta umbrella from Cancer Council store. Turned out to be the worst umbrella I'd ever had. Unbelievable. The $5 variety stores umbrellas are much better quality than this one, and for the hefty price of $35 too. Well, never again obviously.

Furniture Shops

Find out how Shelta Australia compares to other Furniture Shops

DisappintedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy the Outdoor Umbrellas and Base.

Chris 2125
Chris 2125Sudney

Shelta short lifespan

alex2001
alex2001asked

Hi
All the very positive reviewers are first timers for product review whilst the less than positive reviewers have a bit of a track record of other reviews for other products. Is George still self promoting?

Gary
Gary

Alex2001, i did not do a product review - I did a service review! Not certain what your concern is, but I had a very positive experience.

Barbara C
Barbara Casked

Finding our cantilever shelter umbrella is hard to wind up and down. Can you please advise what can be done?

Disappinted

You shouldn't have bought a shelta umbrella they are all junk and their customer service is non existent. They are an awful company to deal with.

JuneR
JuneR

hi
Never had an issue with winding the umbrella up and down....it's just the awful fabric they use.

Get an answer from our members and Shelta representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops